Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bookings for 2010/11 season

Poster: A snowHead
Having just booked my second trip, I was wondering how everyone else was getting on.
A week in Tignes (December) and a week in Whistler (February) for me. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Week in Whistler! Nice... erm, not started... who you flying and where you staying and what prices!?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just booked a week in Tignes (end of December) and two long weekends in January (friend's apartment in Villars). Still need to fit in: early season tour (Dachstein crossing), late season tour (TBC) and a boys' weekend in March. Phew! Then there's just the EOSB to think about ...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm trying to gather various groups of people together for our as-yet theoretical trips - a process I can best liken to trying to fit a fat girl into a wedding dress.

Each time I push a bit in, and it looks like I've solved the problem, another bit pops out somewhere else.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Easter with family booked, deposit due Monday, boys trip not booked......
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
michaelminhatkinson, I highly recommend Ski Independence, who considerably bettered Crystal prices. Quick, friendly, efficient service.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers... luckily a friend of mine is skiing in NZ at the mo so reminded me about checking out snowheads... now I'm hooked again, so might have to head to the the snow dome soon! Will definately check out Ski Independence.

Definately 3 trips on the penciled in plan at the moment!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nothing firmly booked yet. Looking at a week's off-piste with some guys I skied with last year, a week's steepish off-piste - and maybe a week in Wengen to wind down after that. Could be a Swiss-only skiing season - which is a bit of a shame, since recent chat about LDA is making me feel almost homesick.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We've got 18 of us booked to Tignes mid-december, nothing booked for Jan yet but will probably do our usual second week break to recover from Xmas Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
And due to incredible amounts of post-banking-collapse belt-tightening we're seriously thinking about spending Half Term week in the Vosges.

10km of flat runs and drag lifts is enough for a week, yeah?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
3 weeks in Schladming Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just the week in Tignes in Dec booked so far for me. But I have 3 weeks of hols from work saved up to use so will be sorting something soon I hope.

I'm also half-considering jacking my job in and doing a season somewhere.

Will there be a Birthday Bash and a MSB in 2011 I wonder?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm more excited than ever about next season. For the first time I have two trips booked. Short break to Scheffau in early Jan and week in Kitzbuhel in March. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've agreed October, Chrismas/New Year dates, half term dates, just need to finalise April dates Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jonm,
Quote:

I'm also half-considering jacking my job in and doing a season somewhere
Be brave - do it!

Quote:

Will there be a Birthday Bash
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=52715
ski holidays
Hurtle, oooh Whistler - lovely! And Ski Independence are great, we used them a couple of times for our Big White/Sun Peaks trips. Which I don't think we could afford now Sad - glad we did it when we did!

Booked: 3 days in Tignes end of Sept & a week in Courchevel in Jan
Still to book: maybe a week in Ischgl & with a bit of luck a week somewhere else in Austria

And some Hemel visits.... Toofy Grin
snow report
Early December either Tignes or Cervinia! Xmas in Norway, boys trip end of January dont know until a week before! Nothing in February Sad . Paddy's day in Avoriaz and then April TBA!
ski holidays
I'm fully booked Smile
3 days in Tignes at October half term
5 days in Tignes in early December
Half term week in St Anton
10 days in Les Deux Alpes just before Easter
but if other plans come to fruition there could be more (although perhaps coupled with some decorating) Smile

Ooh forgot I'm also going to Les Deux Alpes next month.

There's no sking then though Sad
latest report
Quote:

Be brave

That's the bit I'm struggling with...

Ta for the link re B/bash Cool
snow report
jonm, how long have you been fed up in that job? It's too long, isn't it? C'mon, you only live once.
snow report
Flights have been booked about a month, first B+B deposit paid ( 20% discount as repeat customer Smile ) 2nd B+B deposit paid again great deal but nmot as good as first Sad hotel for final leg booked at repeat rate Smile

Car hire deposit paid too - just have to decide when I'll book the kift passes wink

So 15 days skiing in Utah confirmed - and it looks like its going to work out cheaper than the 14 days we did last year Cool Cool All without the help of mastercard Toofy Grin
snow conditions
jonm, What Hurtle, says - with knobs on!!

So far, a week at Xmas, 5 days in Jan, feb half term and may bump into you in LDA if that's easter hols Colin B,
ski holidays
Annie, Yes, we'll be there from 9th - 19th April, would be good to meet up again.
latest report
Early Jan in Selva with my daughter (courtesy of Ski Esprit again)

Planning for something in March but don't normally book until a couple of weeks before habnd.
snow report
4 days in Tignes (Mountainsun) in December (with some snowHeads).
Week at Club Med in Sestrière in Jan (with original ski group - not snowHeads Shocked ).
Possibility of birthday bash?
And like stevew
Quote:
Planning for something in March but don't normally book until a couple of weeks before
ski holidays
paulio wrote:
I'm trying to gather various groups of people together for our as-yet theoretical trips - a process I can best liken to trying to fit a fat girl into a wedding dress.

Each time I push a bit in, and it looks like I've solved the problem, another bit pops out somewhere else.

Very well put, I am in exactly the same position, trying to fix two group trips and have been trying on and off since May, still nothing booked and feeling twitchy Confused
ski holidays
End of October in Sölden for the World Cup weekend, November on the Kitzsteinhorn for a week, December start using my season ticket for the Super Salzburg area. Monday to Friday working, Saturdays, Sundays and Bank holidays skiing anywhere between the Kitzbühler Alpen and Niederösterreich as the mood takes me.

Nice when the mountains are on your doorstep all year round! Laughing
snow report
So far a week in Morzine (with wife and new baby) start of Jan and then half term February in Laax (with boarding mate). Cant wait.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Colin B, october half term with kids?
ski holidays
I have no idea I just get on the train or go to the airport & just turn up & ski Very Happy

I cant understand this months in advance pre planning when you do no even know if there going to be any snow ????
latest report
stanton, we all book early so we can get a chalet/hotel/apartment big enough for a group of friends. I guess that's a concept you're unfamiliar with ...... rolling eyes
snow conditions
Booked Madonna Di Campiglio for mid-Jan with the family. Close to booking L2A in March with the boys too... Managed to keep my snow obsession largely under wraps since May, but losing control again now... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Quote:

I cant understand this months in advance pre planning when you do no even know if there going to be any snow ????

With Mrs B being a teacher we don't have much option other than to book early. Flight prices go through the roof otherwise.

So (so far), it's Val Thorens on Boxing Day and calgary flights at Feb half term (for Revelstoke, Kicking Horse and a couple of days cat skiing).

Nice to have something to look forward to and happy to take the chance with snow in the above resorts Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
stanton, friends, kids, school holidays, work holidays, etc etc, it must be nice to be a mummys boy and not have to worry about such things.
ski holidays
I've got a week in Mayrhofen over New Year to give that a try for a change, and a week in early Jan to Courchevel on a course. Have to fit them both in uni Christmas holidays for the foreseeable. Easter holidays TBA Very Happy
latest report
VolklAttivaS5, which week/course? I'm there 9 Jan on ItS Very Happy
snow report
cathy, so am I. I'm flying out on 8th though, not staying at the Dahu (already booked accomodation through Inghams before later deciding to do course only). I'm on Off Piste, how about you?
snow conditions
Booked Christmas in Le Grand Bornand (Chinaillon) again - different apartment though, on the Outalays.

Would like to add another trip but Easter hols might be a bit late (unless we go higher.....) and Feb is a bit of a scrum.

Going to Hemel on Thursday too. wink
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5, ah, shame you're not at the Dahu. I'll be on the All Mountain. See you around at the meetings/feedback sessions Very Happy
ski holidays
2 weeks in Les Arc 1800 over xmas/new year with family and dogs. Looking for a further lads trip in Feb/March. Will probably do a last minute deal
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy