Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is everyone paying for their 2011 trips ? ( outside school hols in Jan/Feb)

Poster: A snowHead
LAst year, January Holidayto Montgenevre (booked 3 weeks before departure) - Chalet Hotel £280, ski carriage £15, lift pass £160 (ish), spending £250 - total under £700. Based on previous years this was expensive.

Not booked yet, waiting until December to where the snow and the best deals are - Ski hols, while important to me are secondary to the rest of the Family, so have to take other trips as well - I have not paid over £300 for travel, hotel & food in the last 15 years.

Does that make me a cheapskate? Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Makes you very sensible in my opinion!
Unfortunately the party we ski with has grown to circa 12/14 and you cant get late deals on parties of that size!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
palumbex, The Club Med in Serre Chevalier looks like an excellent hotel. You'll enjoy the skiing too. #
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fight to Geneva £120 mid January. This is our first ski holiday that we have had kids free (they have all flown the nest Very Happy) We are thinking of waiting and getting late deal on a catered chalet although never having stayed in one don't know how to go about finding them! Hope to get something good quite cheap if we wait until last minute as we are flexible about where we ski.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ruthie, up until 3 seasons ago, we always waited till the last min before booking to get a give away price, used to use chalets direct, book mark a number of chalets early and keep an eye on the number of bookings and prices, some companies only show special offers about 2 weeks before. Wait it out if you want the best price do not panic and book to early, there is always space avaialble in off peak weeks.

IMHO always phone and haggle a bit for last minute bookings rather than just booking the internet price.

Last year I had only a days notice before going paid 199 (list price was 750) for catered chalet all food and wine inc, buy hey I had an unfair advantage, biggest cost for the 10 days was the fuel to drive my myself down there wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi all,
Banff, Canada.
Booked with Igloo, TO is Inghams.
End of January for 14nts
£875 flights/transfers/ room only
5 days free evening meals.
Lift pass 10 days £433!
Ski carriage £35

2011 £1343.

Compared to last Canadian trip at same time of year in 2009
£450 for flight and accomms,
£15 ski carriage
£310 10 day pass

2009 £775

And spent about £450 total for the 2 weeks on eating out every night with booze plus breakfast and lunch etc.

It would have been more this year , but the TO have scrapped the 2 in a room under-occupany (at the moment anyways!) which brings the price down considerably.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
livetoski, Thanks so much for the great advice. Will try and hold our nerve!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Zero-G, I like that idea - I might stipulate "tall, dark and handsome" on our ads too (although I don't think the other half will be too impressed) Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For half term, my daughter (15) and me, in St Anton.
£200 for 2 return flights to Zurich
£120 approx for rail transfers
£450 for SC apartment
£80 for overnight in Zurich on the way back as we are flying home on Sunday
£280 for lift passes
+ food and drink

pretty good for peak week in a top resort
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Usually go last minute or do an early booking bonus if I can get organised in time and end up spending upto about £850 total (not including ski hire). I either go HB or catered but have done a couple Club Meds in the last 5yrs. Club Med have always worked out my cheapest ones. I never go for luxury but always insist on ensuite and being near the slopes (just as a price guide).

Decided to go Club Med again this season and booked mega early for Sestriere going in Mar 2011. Cost about £740 for 7 nights including flights, transfer, full board, drinks, lessons, lift pass and ski carriage.

Like others I have now had that holiday changed to Serre Chevalier. Went there a couple of seasons ago and loved it so actually quite pleased. Although I think it was naugty of them to not warn people at the time of booking but outcome for me personally has been great.

I would say £1700 is quite high unless it is pure luxury and half term. Hope you find something to suit all and that's less.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
£778 per person for the week inc flights manchester to Innsbruck, Transfers, 4star Hotel Erhart inc breakfast & 5 course dinner and a 7 day lift pass.
Thats to Solden > some like it some hate it . . . We like it as intermediate skiers Very Happy
We're taking our own gear but some bargains to be had if booked direct with the resort.

I think that's a cheap weeks skiing!

Oops forgort to say, thats flying out 12th March 2011
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Zinal end of Jan - Flights £80, Car Hire £80, S/C chalet £180 - £340 in total. I figure £100 for breakfasts/dinner in chalet plus £200-£250 spends and whatever the lift pass is. Should come in well under a grand all in.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
£1,499 Shock plus lift passes and lunches Shock Shock

For 2 of us and the little man, 6 days creche, ski / board carriage, flight supps, catered Esprit chalet in Courchevel, mid Dec. This is our first "family" ski trip so no idea if this is reasonable or not but taking the easy mega-package option for this trip!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
always29, doesn't sound too bad at all, actually. Provided you're fairly frugal with those Courchevel lunches. wink Fingers crossed for good early snow. Package sounds like a good idea. snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So I recon that as a group of 13 peeps you can sort yourself out for under €750 per person for 7 nights chalet board, ski pass, equipment hire and transfers from Salzburg airport to ski Amadé...

Now that is based on half-term prices... off peak would be much cheaper!
snow report
£650 pp for HB (3* hotel), F & T, ski pass and ski hire in mid-Jan.
snow report
I have 12 days in Tignes, end of Jan, HB, incl full EK lift pass for approx £1100.
snow report
2 Adults, 1x Child.
1 Week in LA Plagne.
SC Apartment, Ski Hire and lift passes.

£1500

Second week in Jan.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy