Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is everyone paying for their 2011 trips ? ( outside school hols in Jan/Feb)

Poster: A snowHead
The topic has come up again in conversation - next years Ski holiday(s) where , when how much !
A group of us went in a fully catered chalet ( Absolute Ski) in St Anton this year beginning of Feb - Great holiday but it was expensive ( i think) about £1700 each inc flights, llft passes etc. Ok the Euro's on its Ass but we also got raped in Meribel the previous year in fact that experience put us off France because they were taking the p@ss particularly in the bars £7 beer etc.
My question is simple - what is everyone else paying /prepared to pay ? Has anyone got any recommendations for a decent chalet ,ski in pref in France/ Austria with a decent ski area and fairly high which isnt going to break the bank. I want a bit of Ammo when people are saying £1700 is the going rate - ive already made it clear I wont pay that much again. Id love to hear what you all think
Do you get a better deal waiting for the late deal ??? or do you book early??
Cheers
Mark
Ps isnt i great when all of a sudden its time to think about it again
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
marksovereign, I've booked mine already! lol!

Going to Scheffau for a short break in early Jan with my best mate. 4 nights half board hotel, flights, transfers, lift pass and ski hire for her, ski carriage for me for £380 each (sharing twin room). Then going to Kitzbuhel in March for a week, again half board hotel, flights, transfers, lift pass, ski carriage & single room supplement for £705. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mine is Feb half term but very competitive price. About £1600 for flights, transfers, accomm (with sauna and jacuzzi) and breakfast for 4 people!!! In a beautiful chalet. I think it's actually less than that - will check the paperwork tomorrow.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
you complain about £7 beers but pay £1700 for a holiday. Was it for a month? I am budgeting about £120 per day once I've paid for everything,
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nbt wrote:
you complain about £7 beers but pay £1700 for a holiday. Was it for a month? I am budgeting about £120 per day once I've paid for everything,

Like I said - i thought it was expensive! but i agree couch it in your terms £7 for a beer on a £1700 holiday is nothing! but then you dont know how much we drink !!!!! Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
marksovereign, try Club Med. All drinks included (except champagne and something else I can't remember as I never drink it).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
maggi, there's something you don't drink Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
marksovereign, Well the beer problem is the easiest to solve. whenever I've stayed in a catered chalet you could buy them from the chalet staff, v reasonable - a margin over the supermarket to give them a bit of extra cash. If you go self-catering you can pay supermarket prices and keep them in your own fridge. that doesn't stop you going out to restaurants to eat. Self catering doesn't have to be slavery.

You went to one of the most expensive resorts in Austria, having been to one of the most expensive resorts in France. There are plenty of others.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nbt wrote:
That's some beer allowance, £120 per day Shocked Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w,
Trouble with a big group is you get dragged in to the apres - particualrly when one of our party is an excellent sax player and he got dragged on stage by the bands every night to play! so we never really drink in the chalet
Im looking for sensible alternatives this year as Mrs Marksovereign would like a mini break as well as the main week and its not going to happen at £1700 prices, so if anyones got any recommendations sing out - the only stipulation the accomodation must be ensuite ( Mrsmarksovereign!!!)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
queen bodecia wrote:
marksovereign, I've booked mine already! lol!

Going to Scheffau for a short break in early Jan with my best mate. 4 nights half board hotel, flights, transfers, lift pass and ski hire for her, ski carriage for me for £380 each (sharing twin room). Then going to Kitzbuhel in March for a week, again half board hotel, flights, transfers, lift pass, ski carriage & single room supplement for £705. Very Happy

Nice one! you appear to have done pretty well there!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My mid-march trip to LDA last year was £208 door-to-door travel by train/bus, including an overnight enroute stop, about £200 for my share of a s/c apartment, something like £50 on my share of food/drink (ate out twice), then there was lift pass & lessons at around £300, so in all about £850.

My trip during first week of Feb to a large chalet in AdH was approx £900 total, including an overnight stop near Stansted, ski carriage, lift pass & 3 lessons.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Colin B, rolling eyes Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Butterfly wrote:
My mid-march trip to LDA last year was £208 door-to-door travel by train/bus, including an overnight enroute stop, about £200 for my share of a s/c apartment, something like £50 on my share of food/drink (ate out twice), then there was lift pass & lessons at around £300, so in all about £850.

My trip during first week of Feb to a large chalet in AdH was approx £900 total, including an overnight stop near Stansted, ski carriage, lift pass & 3 lessons.

Just noticed you're from Yorkshire you def find a bargain Lol Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
marksovereign wrote:
Butterfly wrote:

Just noticed you're from Yorkshire you'll def find a bargain Lol Toofy Grin
snow conditions
The golden rule for St Anton was to take a suitcase full of cash and expect it to be empty at the end of the week. Times don't change that much.
snow report
Val D'Isere on 2 Jan. Family of 4, £2400 chalet board ex Manchester. 2-4-1 lift passes. Wish I had Scottish flights tho Sad

Then mayrhofen on 26 Jan, 4 nights 8 boys. Flights £186, B & B £50 a night. Beers are about £3. But there will be a lot of them.

Who knows for Easter, it's so late will wait and see if there's any snow.
snow conditions
Inspired to Ski week in Tignes, December: £1,040 including flights, resort transfers, ski carriage, usual chalet board basis (ie breakfast, tea and dinner including wine) single room supplement, 5 half days of lessons, lift pass. I'm told it's a very nice chalet hotel, with pool and sauna.
snow report
£4567.00 pp for whistler 1st march 2011 7 nts + 2 nt stop over in vancouver R/O . SO I AM A EUROPHILE FOR EVER Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
kitzbhulel is looking sooooooooo good for me !!!!!!
snow conditions
achilles wrote:
The golden rule for St Anton was to take a suitcase full of cash and expect it to be empty at the end of the week. Times don't change that much.

You arent kidding - its a great place though!
ski holidays
Neilski, oh blimey, I'm contemplating going to Whistler in February, I haven't started costing it, but that seems horrendously expensive. Last time I skied in Canada was in Panorama, 2003 and it cost me £1,500 all-inclusive, ie flights, o/n stop in Calgary, condo rent, ski pass, ski hire, share of car hire and all food, wine and sundries. I wonder what that would be at 2011 prices...?

And in 1998, a 13 day trip to Whistler, including 2 nights in Vancouver, cost me £1,700 on pretty much the same basis. Gosh.
latest report
It's interesting looking back over past ski hol costs. One thing it shows is that the EoSB represents excellent value.
latest report
marksovereign wrote:

Just noticed you're from Yorkshire you def find a bargain Lol Toofy Grin

Yep Cool
snow conditions
Haven't confirmed this season's trips but we've estimated them as follows (including flights, airport transfers, accomm, food, drinks and buying a discounted season pass in November):
£131 per day self catering apartment in Chamonix, xmas & new year '10
£119 per day self catering apartment in Chamonix, March '11
£127 per day self catering apartment in Chamonix, April '11

Without wishing to fire up the old self catering/catered debate, we do prefer self catering because it means we can eat what we want when we want. And we can wander around the apartment in our underwear if we want Blush
latest report
Zero-G wrote:
And we can wander around the apartment in our underwear if we want Blush

You're free to wander around my place in the dolomites
- with the proviso that this offer is subject to passing a stringent (and totally illegal) interview process.
Note if Mrs W busts out laughing during the interview then the offer will be rescinded Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Mine is Feb half term but very competitive price. About £1600 for flights, transfers, accomm (with sauna and jacuzzi) and breakfast for 4 people!!! In a beautiful chalet. I think it's actually less than that - will check the paperwork tomorrow.

Chalet pimping again! rolling eyes Laughing
snow report
marksovereign, Club Med - Les Arcs. Really really nice looking. All inclusive - everything including lessons, lift pass, beer is only £2k per person for Christmas week!!! So £1700 before you even pay for beer, not in one of the busiest weeks of the season, is a bit of a silly price.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We're looking at a family trip to Ruka in March, I can get the accommodation free through my new job and flights are about £900 for the 4 of us via Helsinki.

Kids under 7 get a free lift pass, and as it's a limited ski area it's only about €100 for an adult pass too...
snow conditions
http://www.igluski.com/les-arc-peisey-vallandry/club-med-peisey-vallandry_p22522?holidayid=26742918&Oid=52833006

there you go, £1400 minus 15% for discount if there is more then six of you snowHead
ski holidays
MoodyFFS, bl00dy hell, that's cheaper than staying at home Laughing
ski holidays
Wayne, oh behave Laughing
ski holidays
MoodyFFS, although it's self catering accomm it seems to have a cracking location and i think Finland is notoriously expensive... that said so was Morzine!!!!

This place looks quite good too... which is further from the slopes but has a rather nice indoor pool...

Never really considered Finland TBH, but free accommodation makes it all so much more affordable Smile
latest report
In the past I budgeted for £350.00 or less for Flights and H/B, but will probably have to allow upto £600.00 to get somewhere decent this year. Not easy with Belfast as only departure airport.
snow report
MoodyFFS wrote:
Shimmy Alcott wrote:

Chalet pimping again! rolling eyes Laughing

Oi! I didnt name it, for fear of being accused of being on the payroll Laughing rolling eyes
snow report
MoodyFFS wrote:
MoodyFFS, although it's self catering accomm it seems to have a cracking location and i think Finland is notoriously expensive... that said so was Morzine!!!!

This place looks quite good too... which is further from the slopes but has a rather nice indoor pool...

Never really considered Finland TBH, but free accommodation makes it all so much more affordable Smile

talking to yourself again? Laughing
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, it's the only way to get through sometimes!!! Laughing
latest report
Zero-G wrote:
Wayne, oh behave Laughing

Sorry but I'm going mind numb.

This is the weekend (happens every year).
Going through over 400 applications for reps.
Will mark the printout either Yes, Poss, Maybe, No.
3 other people are doing the same.
If someone gets 4 Yes's they get an interview in 4 weeks time, if there are not enough Yes's then it goes to the Poss's, then the Maybe's.
Oh god - please will people not cut and paste that rubish off Natives just adding their name here and there - seen it soooooo many times on different apps this morning.
Oh and these are NOT hobbies, so don't put shoping and reading and watching TV and chatting to my mates and aaaarrrrrggghhhh
And Mad if you're going to apply to work in a resort - spell the name of the resort right aaaarrrrrggghhhh

So from 400 we need to cut it down to 30, then on the interview make 12 people happy.

So, mind numb Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Perhaps your ad should just state:"Send pics of yourself in underwear" to help narrow down the field Toofy Grin
snow report
Back on subject, I have 5 nights half board in Morzine with transfers, 5 days local lift pass, Easyjet from Gatwick to Geneva with ski carriage, for £483pp. From Jan 3-8.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy