Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bargains - ski and snowboard kit

Poster: A snowHead
II
Thanks for the link, bargain ski pants!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We managed to get Jnr fitted out for our trips this coming season at Surfanic at MK Xscape for £65. A jacket and 2 pairs of ski pants. Supposedly 5000g breath-ability and 5000g of water resistance.

Given the speed he's growing out of things, and the speed he wants to shed layers because he feels too hot it's not worth paying more!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Was in TK Maxx today in Kingston. Montane eVent shell jackets 60% below MRP. Just a few but they were in all sizes.

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jablonka wrote:
Up to 50% off some Sweet Protection gear its all so very tempting... rolling eyes

http://www.sweetprotection.com/webshop/en/ski-and-snowboard/technical-clothing/

Just got a pair of the Renegade Pants in blue, pretty damn happy with that. Been looking for some blue salopettes with big cargo pockets to replace my TNF Monte Cargo Pants (which are pretty trashed after over 40 weeks of skiing) for a while. Goretex shell is a big plus too!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.surfanic.co.uk/
Some really cheap gear on here. Great for kids stuff
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
palumbex, had one of those for several years.
Very, very good kit indeed.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boabski,

I recently got a soft-shell jacket from them (not the greatest, but at about £25 you can’t complain). I just ordered the kids some new salopettes and Mrs M some base layers. I usually get the kids D2B stuff, and by all accounts this is similar quality. If it is I will be hapy. The D2B stuff lasted them a couple of seasons and is still in good condition.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
musher, my eldest had some gear a few years back and lasted a couple of seasons. Think the quility is pretty decent as my youngest's salopettes arrived the other day (£19) and look very decent.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
II, for £12 those salopettes are good value, mine arrived today - the label claims that they are unisex, I was looking to brighten up the look of a dark grey jacket. The only problem now is the incongruity of having a Schoffel jacket and D2B salopettes!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
bump. Can we have some more additions to this. Any lines of Blizzard Skis and Arterycx jackets ??
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nickski, have you signed up to Sportpursuit? they have some very good prices for Dynastar skis at the moment, have had K2 previously and loads of snow clothing.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quite a bit of decent kit on the TK Maxx website at the moment.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nickski, Nevisport still selling off some cheap hardwear with extra discounts. I have a 10% discount voucher received the other day from them and valid till 7/11 if anyone wants it.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sportpursuit have some great savings on Volkl skis, Dakine backpacks, Cebe goggles, Smartwool clothes, Under Armour base layers and Oakley clothing - almost possible to fully equip yourself for winter in one go!

Disclaimer (added for transparency, unlike the guy above) : If you join using my affiliate link above and buy something I'll get a fiver. PM me your referral link if you do so and the next time I buy I'll use yours (in order of people PMing me) and give you a fiver back.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sideshow_Bob, Yep but most of the Dakine backpacks seem to be skateboard ones, good deals on ski and board bags though
snow report
I don't think it works that way. If anyone joins using your code you get £5 once they make an order. Once you're a member I don't think you can use someone elses code again to earn them £5. Unless you open a new account every time you order Puzzled
snow report
The 3 pack of Smart Wool socks is a great deal.
ski holidays
Colin B wrote:
Unless you open a new account every time you order Puzzled

Nail, meet head.
snow conditions
It'd be nice if there was a snowheads affiliate link for sportpursuit...
latest report
Sideshow_Bob, from the terms and conditions of sport pursuit....i think they may have thought of this

5.1.3. You agree not to attempt to open more than one account, and will not impersonate any other person or entity or use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.

and

7.1. Access to the Services is permitted either via registration or via referral by a Member. Referral by a Member is limited to a restricted circle (friends and family) with whom the referring Member must be both effectively and physically acquainted, unless otherwise authorised in writing by SportPursuit. As a result, the mass recruitment of referred people who do not fall within this framework, for directly or indirectly profit-making purposes, or even free of charge, by any means including via a website, a blog, online advertising or magazines or forums, or by using the names of brands which work in partnership with the Website or by reproducing a part of the Website’s catalogue, is strictly prohibited.

7.2. If SportPursuit should become aware of any irregularities by a Member in the use of its referral system, it reserves the right to take any appropriate steps to ensure that these irregularities cease, including without limitation, the deletion of the Member's account.
snow conditions
Be on the Ellis Brigham mailing list, when the winter catalogue comes through you get a voucher for a free wax and edge or £15 a full service.
snow conditions
legue, my apologies, clearly I should just post my own referral link, not mention it's a referral link and what I get out of it and not try to do anyone else a favour, just as the earlier poster did. He didn't seem to get any crap from anyone else about it. If SP come down on me for trying to help other people out, so be it. I'll lose out, not others. rolling eyes

davkt, they did have several Heli/Heli Pro packs earlier, not sure if they've sold out.
ski holidays
Heli showing as sold out when I looked, just the skateboard backpacks left
snow report
Sideshow_Bob, sorry was not meaning to have a go at you, but it does come across like that i guess, it just all these referal links etc on snowhead etc are not what it was supposed to do looking at SP's terms and conditions, and i am sure SP could stop the referal link thing, which will be a shame.
ski holidays
Would just like to say that yet again Ski Bartlett have came up with the goods for some great value kids ski gear and excellent service. Got these for my daughter with the 10% extra off too Very Happy
http://www.skibartlett.com/fischer-junior-gs-wc-rc4-booster-inc-binding-was-299-2288-p.asp
http://www.skibartlett.com/fischer-f9000-race-ti-junior-2006-20260-p.asp

About £450 of gear for under £150 delivered. Ok it's a few years old but still a cracking deal
ski holidays
Decathalon are doing the Salomon enduro LX800 for £200, cheapest I can see elsewhere is £310

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/enduro-lx-800-ski-and-binding-id_8224925.html
ski holidays
Nevisport got 50% off all ski/board hardware. Not sure if online but definitely in store
snow report
indeed it is boabski, thanks for the tip, great deals

http://www.nevisport.com/p/993/skis
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Both SnR and EaB gor sales on at mo.
ski holidays
It's that time of year where this thread should take off again (runs and hides wallet). 50% off is a proper sale.
latest report
HH Merino wool base layer sets £30 (was £100) in mens and womens.

http://shop.hellyhansen.com/gb/item/hh-wool-set-48662/?t_type=src&t_type=cat

http://shop.hellyhansen.com/gb/item/w-hh-wool-set-48663/
snow report
Lift faffer,

GOOD NEWS - I bought a Helly Hansen set for £30

BAD NEWS - I had to buy my wife a Helly Hansen set for £30

Thanks for the tip mate, excellent price.
snow report
Decathlon are knocking out the ARVA EVO3 avalanche transceiver for £159 at the moement
snow report
Lift faffer & davidhammy :

Am i missing something ?... those links show the regular price of £100 and same when i proceed to checkout ? Crying or Very sad
snow report
Quote:

Lift faffer & davidhammy :

Am i missing something ?... those links show the regular price of £100 and same when i proceed to checkout ? Crying or Very sad

Same here
latest report
gamer2471, junitrules, the offer mjust have ended, I certainly managed to order a set for Mrs NBT at the price of £30
snow report
Holy old thread revival Batman...

Went in to Two Seasons in Northampton at the weekend. All their skis were half price, admittedly a very limited range and limited sizes, but good discounts nonetheless. Their Nottingham store also has decent discounts. Iirc they had Atomic Nomad Blackeye TI skis for £275 with bindings. I think they might be a bit stiff for me though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy