Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bargains - ski and snowboard kit

Poster: A snowHead
Was just thinking that there should be a post/section where we can share our bargains.

I'll get things started with a pair of Schoffel Savona salopettes for my wife on Ellis Brigham webiste today for £35 http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi?prod_code_in=304712 Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boabski, thank you for that link (I think!), I've just bought myself a half price Arcteryx jacket. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boabski, good idea, I have had one or two bargains recently, Snow & Rock at the Chill Factor e 2 weeks ago a pair of K2 Juvys for Junior £115, pleased with that especially with the resale value of kids stuff Toofy Grin Was chatting to the manager Andy in there and they have quite a lot of skis left in there at decent prices especially on ex-demos and there's probably room for a bit of negotiation on those, not long for them to shift them before the new stock. Didn't take much notice of what exactly is left but more high end, big mens gear and a fair bit of ladies, i.e. not much beginner gear. Worth popping in or a phone call if you know what you're after.
Also got myself a very, very nice SOS softshell for £35 and three pairs of kids goggles for 50p each Shocked from Tacky Maxx Laughing

RachelQ, did you need a new jacket? Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
RachelQ, nice! Wish I needed a new jacket Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cathy, you should develop a better understanding of the terms "need" and "want".
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, Laughing Laughing OK, I WANT one of those lovely shiny new jackets Toofy Grin but I only bought a new one last year......
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I do need a new jacket! RachelQ, was it the £200 half price or the £187.50 half price one?

My last one was £50.00 from TackyMax so even at half price those make me go Shocked .
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For a bargain its got to be the Helly Shop at Bicester Village, I got a £300 Helly Jacket for £75 only one season out of date!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've got some bargain vouchers for Tamworth snowdome which is very useful since my friend is having lessons there at the moment. With these vouchers the lessons are £20 for two hours or £27 for three hours and a recreational ski pass is £17 for three hours. Not bad for a summer fix! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
sarah, Yes, I so did need a new jacket Toofy Grin
maggi, it was the £200 one. How could you not buy a half price jacket in Coffee Bean! Laughing
Actually, it's probably the most expensive jacket I've ever bought, but I decided I was worth it. Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RachelQ, it's very nice ...... but it's £200 half price! Who buys jackets for £400? I might, just possibly, have bought it if I saw it in a shop, tried it on, twirled in the mirror several times then decided it fitted perfectly, the material was lovely to touch, it had pockets and things in all the right places and it made me look cool (that's cool for me not cool per se Madeye-Smiley ) but not by post because it is a rare gift for this to happen.

So I hope that when you get it you do the same and think, yes, all worth it!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
maggi wrote:
So do I and if I don't I'll send it back. I've wanted one of those jackets for ever, but not at the full price. So if it's as good as some people I know who wear them (proper gnarly skiers most of them) say they are, I'll be well chuffed at saving £200. And if I look cool in it, even better! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RachelQ, that looked lovely! I mentally have a limit of £200 for ski jackets so don't think its too pricey. Does seem a bit extreme though just not to get mistaken for me in Rob's videos wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RachelQ wrote:
maggi wrote:
So do I and if I don't I'll send it back. I've wanted one of those jackets for ever, but not at the full price. So if it's as good as some people I know who wear them (proper gnarly skiers most of them) say they are, I'll be well chuffed at saving £200. And if I look cool in it, even better! Toofy Grin

I got an arcteryx in the sale a few years back, it has been brilliant!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cheers for the reminder of the EB sales, I've just bankrupted myself on a very good deal on a Norrona jacket I've wanted for a long time Twisted Evil
latest report
I find it annoying that you on the Ellis Brigham site you find salopettes and ski trousers under the heading Ski Pants and no way of telling which they are. (In English English they would be underclothes.)
snow report
maggi wrote:
RachelQ, it's very nice ...... but it's £200 half price! Who buys jackets for £400?

That could make for an interesting thread Wink
snow conditions
snowball, I find it annoying that I have to look at jackets by brand rather than all jackets available in a particular size
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, Agree with you on that one, why use one click when a million will do
ski holidays
RachelQ wrote:
sarah, Yes, I so did need a new jacket Toofy Grin
maggi, it was the £200 one. How could you not buy a half price jacket in Coffee Bean! Laughing
Actually, it's probably the most expensive jacket I've ever bought, but I decided I was worth it. Smile

I think Linds may have bought one too.
ski holidays
Oh dear what have I started. Glad to see you're all savings loads of money wink
snow report
boabski wrote:
Was just thinking that there should be a post/section where we can share our bargains.

I'll get things started with a pair of Schoffel Savona salopettes for my wife on Ellis Brigham webiste today for £35 http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi?prod_code_in=304712 Very Happy

Damn you! wink Toofy Grin
latest report
boabski wrote:
Oh dear what have I started. Glad to see you're all savings loads of money wink

You owe me £200 rolling eyes Laughing
Jacket and fleece top do look lovely though Little Angel
snow report
Thank heavens I can't wear brown. rolling eyes
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
Thank heavens I can't wear brown. rolling eyes

Hurtle I got a different one Laughing
ski holidays
Does anyone know the relative sizes of the men's Sidewinder AR Arc'teryx jackets? I'm 5.11 with 40/42 chest. Very tempted by the price at EB (100 instead of 400), but they only have large and some reviews on-line say the fitting is VERY baggy, with someone much bigger than me saying they have the medium. Almost tempted to take a punt given the margin of the bargain, but don't want to end up with a tent.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 26-07-10 11:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
One of these days.......................................{wistful smiley reqd} As things stand I've still got to shed a large number of pounds to get back into the decent gear I was treated to a couple of holidays back.
snow conditions
Linds, omigod, I'll have to go back and have another look now. Shocked

Edit: ...and am now tempted by matching Eider jacket and pants. I do not need them, I do not need them, I do not need them, repeat ad infin.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle, Maybe not, but remember that you're worth it... wink
latest report
Dr John wrote:
Does anyone know the relative sizes of the men's Sidewinder AR Arc'teryx jackets? I'm 5.11 with 40/42 chest. Very tempted by the price at EB (100 instead of 400), but they only have large and some reviews on-line say the fitting is VERY baggy, with someone much bigger than me saying they have the medium. Almost tempted to take a punt given the margin of the bargain, but don't want to end up with a tent.

I am in the exact same boat with a burton jacket. I usually size between M and L, they only have L left but going by reviews for said jacket, it's a "team fit" i.e. very baggy so that L might be more like XL...
So dunno but at £36 for Burton Jacket, i might risk it..
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:
Linds, omigod, I'll have to go back and have another look now. Shocked

Edit: ...and am now tempted by matching Eider jacket and pants. I do not need them, I do not need them, I do not need them, repeat ad infin.

Hurtle I bougth a softshell which I tried on in EB at MK last year but was never going to pay that price so I consider it a bargain Laughing
They have some great things at really good prices rolling eyes Go for it you will only regret it if you dont Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Looking for a lighter jacket for hubby for warmer days, anything suitable on there?
latest report
Linds, I really, really mustn't - bought new jackets (insulated and soft shell) and pants only last season. They've still got YEARS of wear in them, and I haven't even consigned my fartbag to the bin quite yet! Toofy Grin
snow report
Hurtle, My nice jacket that I was treated to is an Eider - its a lovely jacket, you know you want to........ Toofy Grin
snow report
Megamum, the insulated jacket I got in last year's sales is by Eider.
ski holidays
Hurtle, Megamum, I too am tempted by the Eider stuff, tried one on last year it was lovely.........
latest report
Dr John wrote:

I am 5ft 10 with similiar chest, I went for a large Stingray as my missus said the med was not long enough for a ski jacket, fit wise I thought the M was ok, but since having the L have had no issues at all with it.

Helen - this would do him great IMHO http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi?prod_code_in=340702

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 26-07-10 13:18; edited 1 time in total
snow report
kitenski, yep that was what I was looking at but he usually has medium.
snow conditions
I find the fact that I can't try stuff on easily round here is the main reason that stops me taking advantage (or wasting cash - depending on your perspective) of mail/email order sales - its not so bad if you can visit a shop to try on and then order, but I'm an odd shape and often find problems with the fit of jackets and trousers/sallies. I tried on loads of Arcteryx and Shoeffel when I was bought the Eider, and though they looked great on the hangers they just didn't fit!!
snow report
Megamum, if I buy something online I usually just order a few bits and pieces in different sizes (if I am unsure) and send the unsuitable stuff back. Some places even do free returns.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy