Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whats your favorite blue run ?

Poster: A snowHead
Tete Ronde is a favourite in ValT. Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Renard, les arcs

Can be quite busy if peak ski school time but it's a great run for confidence building, riding switch or just jibbing round the edges...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ray Zorro, wrote
Quote:

I remember really liking the tree-lined blue down to Vallorcine at Le Tour (part of the Chamonix lift pass area),

I agree - really enjoyed that one.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Or lots of the reds in Dolomites (well, all of them in terms of them being blue).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Combe a Florets on the way down to Les Lindarets...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hurtle wrote:
Bones, oh, I don't know, there are some which are lovely for their own sake - which for me must include good views and a decent length of run. Savoleyres (Verbier) springs to mind.

That was the first full length run I ever did - and at that time had only had two hours of lessons on a dry slope, then a morning skiing without lessons on the short "Piste Bleue" at the end of the road where the Savroleyres gondola starts (I was staying in a chalet in the middle of that piste, had arrived on Saturday, and proper lessons didn't start until the Monday morning).

I skied it a couple more times later in the week, and I do remember it as a very enjoyable run.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Le Jeu in Valfrejus is remarkably remote and meandering for a blue:

Combine that with Combe and you have quite some blue run.

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Valfrejus/pistemap_full
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hopefully someone else who was also on this year's and last year's SHBBs and who has a better memory than me will remember the name of that ace blue that goes from where the go-go bar is which we must have done about 7 times on the trot... Big grin factor.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
La Plagne - the one that goes through a tunnel - can't remember the name. Eventually becomes Les Laines down into Belle Plagne. It has a couple of bits where you really do just have to schuss and go for it to avoid walks. But the rest of the run is great. Mostly wide enough to accomodate all grades of skiers at differing speeds - but the more skilled are generally considerate enough to keep the speed down.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tetras - La Rosiere Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley

A fantastic first blast on a morning or last thing in the afternoon
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHead snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chavanne in Lets Gets snowHead Cool snowHead

So much fun first thing in the morning!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
geepee wrote:
Tete Ronde is a favourite in ValT. Cool

Another vote for Tete Ronde!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Plein Sud after a beer or three in the Plein Sud/Folie Douce Smile No need to turn
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The top 2/3 of Pluviometre in - VT, Tete Ronde - VT, Moraine VT, Grand Lac - Les Men, Le blue from Mid Station into St MArtin (last run on empty slope)... hmm I see a 3v theme here.
latest report
Pista 2, Folgarida. A glorious run back to resort with a fantastic piste-side hotel doing food a few hundred metres before the bottom that's not marked on the map, so it's fairly quiet - even when the main food stops are full-to-bursting snowHead

Dubaian - that's les Inversens IIRC

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 13-07-10 10:42; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Folieres into La Tania, and - although it's designated a green, parts are blue - Marvel in Morillon Very Happy
latest report
TallTone, that's the one. TVM
snow conditions
TallTone pedant mode on, it's actually Le Tunnel. Les Inversins is the red next to it.

http://www.ski-jungle.com/piste-maps/images/la-plagne-centre.jpg
latest report
Sideshow_Bob, but it used to be called Inversens Little Angel
snow report
Favourite blue run ever has to be the one down to the bar in Arabba that we ended up in in the evenings on the Birthday Bash (although unfortunately the name escapes me and I can't find the name on the piste map), sure someone else can remember though?). Great run with a GS type 'secret' turning off the side, termed by the Birthday Bashers as 'testosterone alley'. Must have done that run about 7 or 8 times each evening, until they wouldn't run the chairlift back up anymore, good times Very Happy The obsession with skiing down as quickly as possible even ended up with one instance of edging and waxing skis at the top prior to the last run down. Pretty much the pre-cursor to flat-line Friday (which in the end was all talk and never actually happened on the EoSB)
ski holidays
I cannot believe people are condoning skiing at speed on 'Blue' runs? Surely the very nature of a 'Blue' slope means that there may be inexperienced skiers, or even children, skiing them at leisure.

And as for skiing after drinking alcohol, as suggested above, I am shocked, no, appalled, that people seem to support this.

What about the children? Will somebody please think of the children?

rolling eyes
ski holidays
The Voice of Reason, this was skiing before drinking alcohol, before we went to the bar. Plus it was a quiet slope, esp the bit at the side and pretty empty by the end of the day, there were no children about.
snow report
(Batman_123, maybe my ironic rolling eyes slipped past without you noticing?)
snow conditions
I have fond memories of a piste accessed by the Super Morzine lift (above Morzine rolling eyes ). I think it was called Tetras. It was my first week's skiing and it was the first time I venured off the 'nursery' slopes on Le Pleney.

I 'discovered' Tetras in the afternoon, skiied it several times in quick succession (not that the skiing itself was quick) and didn't want to leave at the end of the day even though I was exhausted, it was getting dark and the lifts were closing Embarassed . I imagine it would be a bit dull now that I'm (a little) more accomplished on skis but I remember it fondly as the start of my obsession with snow.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 13-07-10 12:52; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
The Voice of Reason, Skiing should be done fast if you like it that way.
Why should you be restricted to a crawl because you have gone on a black run and cant handle it. Surely it is better to be on a blue where you are comfortable and can control your speed and then have the max fun by going fast.

Where I ski (glencoe) I can look down the Etive glades and see that there is only 1 person within 300m of me. I think it is safe to then go at speed in these conditions.

However, on a blue in Norway that is mobbed, I would not do that.

Golden rule. Go at the right speed for the conditions and the terrain. You cant generalise.

Cheers
Bob
ski holidays
The Voice of Reason, you used the rolling eyes again, now I can't tell which post is ironic wink
latest report
If its safe to go fast on a blue... do it. I find it more dangerous when you get people on Reds and Blacks who clearly cant handle it. The wannabe red runners are the worse as generally overconfident and showing off.

My favorite BLUE RUN is ACUREUIL in Risoul. Fantastic run home and never busy, tree lined and wide with fantastic off piste through the trees. Plenty for all the family to do together.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
2b in obertauern.. not very long but a great way to start the day, and if your the first up there i can see no reason at all for not trying to attain supersonic speeds

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 13-07-10 15:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Dubaian wrote:
La Plagne - the one that goes through a tunnel - can't remember the name. Eventually becomes Les Laines down into Belle Plagne. It has a couple of bits where you really do just have to schuss and go for it to avoid walks. But the rest of the run is great. Mostly wide enough to accomodate all grades of skiers at differing speeds - but the more skilled are generally considerate enough to keep the speed down.

Agreed Very Happy Managed to schuss right down and through the tunnel season before last, this past season there always seemed to be a group faffing around the entrance to the tunnel itself Toofy Grin

Sources is a good alternative in that area but not as challenging as they have widened the really narrow bit snowHead
ski holidays
Straightlining the M25 in Verbier, but only when it's closed Cool
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, The tunnel is fantastic. My first sking holiday was in La Plagne. I have been there many times since six years ago. Very Happy

I remember feeling like I had to traverse every steep bit.

Now it is a bit different at X Mas this year I was much like you. I almost schussed the whole length but got stuck in traffic just before the tunnel. Confused
latest report
Dantercepies left. Cool
ski holidays
How come everyone else can talk about straightlining blues but when i post about it i get told off?
latest report
Snorkel, Niseko, Japan Laughing Laughing Has to be done! Razz
snow report
Chopping in and around the trees on Critters and New Critters at Mammoth Mt, the whole Chair 12 area is one of my favourite spots - mini powder bowl at the top, tree runs and an ancient chairlift means nobody's there most of the time. Perhaps the 2 feet of fresh overnight and a bluebird day i rode it on help the memory too...
snow report
ph,
Quote:

Now it is a bit different at X Mas this year I was much like you. I almost schussed the whole length but got stuck in traffic just before the tunnel

But when you do get right through it's a great feeling and you always stop to enjoy the moment,
when of course you should keep going and schuss right on down into Belecote Toofy Grin
snow report
OOoooo no. Now I really want to ski Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, Tignes glacier is open Very Happy
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, have you skied a glacier? Is it worth it? I always think I would feel a bit cheated.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy