Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whats your favorite blue run ?

Poster: A snowHead
Whats your favorite blue run in the alps ?
I dont like red and black runs (because you cant go so fast and they are sometimes full of horrible moguls).

Mine is the Tomeusses in Val D'Isere snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yag_si_HS, Welcome to snowHeads - stand by for incoming...... wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Eh oh!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
yag_si_HS, that's an interesting sig. If you reverse the order, you immediately see a strange pattern.

SH_is_gay

Shurely shome mishtake?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yag_si_HS, welcome to snowHeads! What the previous posters are probably getting at is the notion of going fast on blue runs. The point about blue runs is that they're for inexperienced and/or nervous skiers, who would not necessarily welcome people around them skiing very fast. Just a thought. wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name, it's quite clever. So - is this a sock puppet or a genuine poster?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name wrote:

Shurely shome mishtake?

Yeah, SH is plural so it should be are. wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Genuine poster here.. Embarassed

Whats wrong with going fast on blue runs ?
I thought greens were for beginners ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yag_si_HS, and that's a good point. You shouldn't be going fast on a blue run, either relatively (as you will be out of control) or absolutely (as you'll be out of control and more likely to hurt someone when you hit them).

rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well I am obviously not going to go fast on a mogul slope or steep black! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yag_si_HS, lots of resorts don't have a green classification. Don't worry - if you're completely in control and can stop on a sixpence behind an unpredictable beginner, you can go just as fast as you like.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

it's quite clever. So - is this a sock puppet or a genuine poster?

neither - a spammer!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Colin B, wot, 'cos of the sig?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes and I would have thought that if you came from Bury St Edmunds you would probably be able to spell it!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
yag_si_HS, how do the Pontoons cope with fast blues?

I'd have thought a bit more width underfoot would help Cool
ski holidays
The Pontoons are great on a blue run.

Though I dont use any poles with them - poles just slow me down.
Anyone else find this ?
latest report
Saving them for the fishing I presume?
latest report
Fishing is a good sport for summer wink
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:
Colin B, wot, 'cos of the sig?

Ive noted that you regularly make this mistake. It should actually be "what". Toofy Grin
ski holidays
yag_si_HS, Spill the beans. Are you a puppet or an annoying dangerous skier? I would assume it would be the former.
snow report
anything with Jenna Jameson in it really, she gets me off to a cracking start
snow conditions
Ray Zorro,
Quote:

Ive noted that you regularly make this mistake. It should actually be "what".

and 'Ive' needs an apostrophe unless I'm very much mistaken.

Toofy Grin
latest report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
anything with Jenna Jameson in it really, she gets me off to a cracking start

I'm yet to have the good fortune to get off with Jenna Jameson. Toofy Grin
snow report
Spyderman, Have you done any of her premiers? Toofy Grin
snow report
ph wrote:
yag_si_HS, Spill the beans. Are you a puppet or an annoying dangerous skier? I would assume it would be the former.

If it's the latter and he's a yob on the pistes, perhaps he might like to change his username to yob_yag... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
sloop, Laughing
latest report
Very funny!
Come on - I thought a smashing web site like this would be able to recommend some new blue runs for me to discover snowHead
snow report
yag_si_HS wrote:
Very funny!
Come on - I thought a smashing web site like this would be able to recommend some new blue runs for me to discover snowHead

Try EA Sports Winter Olympics 2010.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
But that is a computer game ?
I would prefer recommendations from some knowledgeable snowheads snowHead
latest report
yag_era_HS,
If you are genuinely after blue runs to beat down at speed, I would suggest that you look for quiet resorts. Every commonly visited resort will have a plethora of blue runs , most of them very enjoyable in the right snow. If you want to attack them at speed go when they are empty, quiet resorts in low season should fulfill your needs adequately.
snow report
yag_si_HS wrote:
Genuine poster here.. Embarassed

Whats wrong with going fast on blue runs ?
I thought greens were for beginners ?

Only in France, Spain and North America.

Other countries don't have green runs, and so blue covers everything from nursery slopes up to just below a red.
latest report
yag_si_HS wrote:
But that is a computer game ?
I would prefer recommendations from some knowledgeable snowheads snowHead
lady's front bottom
snow conditions
The best Blue runs are the short ones that get you to the good stuff Toofy Grin
snow report
Bones, oh, I don't know, there are some which are lovely for their own sake - which for me must include good views and a decent length of run. Savoleyres (Verbier) springs to mind. I also remember skiing for miles on easy runs in Snowmass - and also saw a youngster who was skiing too fast hit a tree: he died.
snow conditions
I guess I only really use blue runs as a 'warm-up' or as a means of getting round the mountain to some nice red runs. I certainly do not use them as an excuse to go flat out and scare any less experienced slope users who might be there.
snow conditions
I remember really liking the tree-lined blue down to Vallorcine at Le Tour (part of the Chamonix lift pass area), but that might be because I was proudly following the kids down it in their early days.

There are a couple of blues that were good fun at Engelberg - down from Jochpass. Lots of off/between piste opportunities too. snowHead
snow report
In Wengen, the blue run from Kleine Scheidegg down to Brandegg is good - a combination of some rollers at the start, a great view of the Eiger, and then a trail section through the woods. Partway down there's a choice of two blue runs which later rejoin, and once you arrive at Brandegg you can try the apple fritters at the restaurant Madeye-Smiley . Also it is seldom crowded. Very Happy
ski holidays
Moraine in ValT, Plan Mugner above 1650, PisteL in ValD down to le Laisinant and the blue route down to La Daille are all cracking cruisers, and all wide enough to let the skis run without being dangerous about it. In general though blues are just links to bigger and better, to have one that's good fun is a bonus.
ski holidays
Etive glades in Glencoe Scotland. When slightly icy underneath and a small soft coat on top to dampen it slightly it is great.

Nice load of ripples to absorb and you can get some serious speed up comfortably and safely. Happy

cheers
Bob
latest report
Have to say still love the blue into La Tania, Fouyleres (sp) really great for rollers and normally very quiet Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy