Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

looking to buy 2 new pairs of skis

Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys I'm looking at buying both a carver (primarily) and then a freestyle/powder ski this summer. I've got a set of 182cm punishers at the moment which seem a bit of a "jack of all trades, master of none" ski.

Although the punishers are pretty good in powder, they're a bit too long for my liking in the park and are WAAAAAAAY too soft on piste.

I'm looking for quite a stiff piste ski. I wouldn't go as far as race skis, but have definately realised how much difference stiffness makes since starting slalom.

For the freestlye one, I'm looking for a short and fat ski and I'm really not fussed about piste performance.

I'm 180cm tall and weigh about 75kg. If you guys could give me some advice or point me in a direction I would greatly appreciate it.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cant you test some anywhere? people will tell you this ski is great or that ski is better but i find it's quite a personal thing in the end, only you know how/what you ski, Or get some k2 silencers cos they are cheap for the park and as good as anything else for it Shocked , not fat tho, not so many fat pure park skis i dont try many carvers so i wont comment
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
From reading up and never actually testing any skis, my shortlist ended up at Head Magnums and Dynastar Contact 4x4s. I went for 4x4s, but I think Magnums, or the new Head Titans, would be equally interesting depending on preference. Sure there're others too.

Pow skis - you have so much option with those criteria, if you can be more specific in how you want them to perform I'm sure lots of people will have recommendations.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
DaveC, what kind of info are you looking for?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BiG_tYrOnE, anything that narrows down what you want the ski to do. "Short and fat" is any fat ski that's sold in a short length. Best off having a look through manufacturer sites and seeing what's available.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Try out the WhiteDot ONE's, 89mm under foot but defo a stiff twin that eats hard pistes and might leave you room for a pow specific ski? IMO you'll struggle to find a pow/park ski in one thats not a jack of all trades.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Though the ONE's wouldnt be too good if you're seriously into slalom wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the_doc, i have some slalom skis for that. Thanks, i'll give them a look. sounds interesting
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Im new to this suggesting skis lark, so just throwing it in there expect it to be thrown out but maybe High Society FR could work as a freestyley off piste ski? They seem to fancy it as a back country ski but it's probably better as a free/piste ski as it's pretty stiff and get something fatter for pow?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think what your looking for is three pairs instead of two, although Try previous years K2 seth Morrison pro model, or this 2011 pep fujas pro model 105mm at the waist, bit of rocker, bit stiff, good all over.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yeah ideally I'd like 3 pairs, but being a student doesn't really give me much financial flexibility Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You can get some good out of season deals now and 2nd hand skis are always a good option. Only problem is the difficulty of transporting (or choosing) which skis to take on trips!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Those whitedot one's look the shiz!! Just a shame all the UK dealers are out of stock Crying or Very sad

I did see that spyderjon is a dealer though. Any idea when you'll get next seasons stuff in or know of anyone looking to flog a pair??
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BiG_tYrOnE, defo sold out of Preachers & Redeemers but there might be some One's available so I'll check with WDF. What length are you after?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm not sure yet, either the 180 or 173. Guessing by my height and weight it would probably be better to go for the 180
latest report
BiG_tYrOnE, I'll check it out but I think that arv still has some for sale: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=63516
latest report
spyderjon, have you skied a pair yourself?
snow report
Nope, but they would be ideal for your stats. Binding location is eveything (conventional line for all mountain & centre for the park) however the two don't mix.
snow conditions
yeah they'd be used more as an all mountain ski than in the park. Might see if I can nab my old 1080's back off my brother for fs
latest report
BiG_tYrOnE, I can get One's in either 173 or 180 if you want them.
ski holidays
sounds good to me. Would you be able to PM me some prices inc bindings or would it be easier for me to ring you? (My real name is Ollie btw Razz )
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy