Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All Mountian / Freeride Skis-Line Prophet Flite / Salomon Threat.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone skied the Line Prophet Flite or Salmon Threat. I am looking to buy a all mountian ski preferably twin tip as i am trying to ski backwards more, on a fairly limited budget and there seems to be some good deals about on these 2 . My limit is £340.

I am just 6ft 2 and big ish guy. But the review of the, seem to be what i want.

Any help wouyld be great.

or other links to skis would be great.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It may be my boots or binding ramp angle or something else, but I cannot get on with my Prophet 90s going asswards, which have the same sidecut as the flites. They are fine for the odd landing and sliding gently backwards to the lift line looking all nonchalant, but they are very much a 'directional twin' and that direction is forwards.

'something else' includes user error, of course, but I'm getting me some park noodles to put that to the test. Suspects are on the test list in this regard.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ben21w, If you are Bigish Guy I would look more at the Suspect than the Threat. Much better all round ski and better suited to the bigger guys.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ben21w, you're a Leeds lad, go local, buy Whitedot. See www.whitedotfreeride.com or PM kiwi1 (actually I'm not sure he's called that anymore so ring the number on the website). You'll be supporting local business and you'll get better skis to boot.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fattes13 wrote:
ben21w, If you are Bigish Guy I would look more at the Suspect than the Threat. Much better all round ski and better suited to the bigger guys.

I absolutely hated the Suspects when I tried them, doubtless they're good for freestyle (I wouldn't know 'cos I'm not lol) but for general skiing they were crap.

ben21w, do you mean freestyle or freeride? What sort of skiing do you do - offpiste/park/pistes?

If you're on a budget check out ebay for Dynastar Big Troubles (which apart form graphics are the same as Dynastar Sixth Sense Bigs). 92mm underfoot, nice fairly stiff but poppy flex, really upturned tail tip which is good for switch and spraying up gihoosive rooster tails in your mates faces wink . American ebay is probably the best bet, you will have to pay import tax but should still be able to get them for circa £200/£250 total. Bargain.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Flite are a light weight more flexy version of the normal ski, so might not be ideal if you're heaver..unless you wanna do some sidecountry skinning.

do you want to ride proper switch for park or do you just want to go switch as its fun and something to do as part of normal sking..

theres a number of threads about 'all-mountain' twins that might be worth digging out and reading..
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm a fairly big guy and absolutley loved the Prophet Flite, Really smooth and had tones of edge grip! I'm also 6'2 and weigh about 100kg's I would personally reccomend these over the flites unless you are wanting to get into the park.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd give Scott punishers a look too. They are an amazing all-round ski but maybe a little on the 'flappy' side on piste. They rock everything pretty well
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Punishers not a bad shout, really fun playful skis.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
not the greatest switch though
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not the greatest at anything IMHO. My top two on the list of "never gonna waste my skiing time with them again" are the Suspects and Punnishers...but if you get a chance to test them...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy