Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg snow report 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
stanton, you mean the Riffelbahn 1 lift will be extended to go right up to Rossfallscharte? And if so where are they planning to piste and I guess at least as importantly what are they not going to piste...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The original plan (I doubt any change) is >>

To connect three lifts are planned, two gondolas and a 6-KSB, along a total length of 7 km.

Gondola will go to Rossfallscharte with a Middlestation in Malfon and then to Lattejoch pass. There is a chairlift in there as well somewhere (from Lattejoch to Alblittkopfe in Kappl).

Riffel1 I will be history

Off course there will be new Piste lots, possibly circa 30km+ Sad Sad Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah. Will be interesting. But potentially quite a mixed blessing. Open up some areas, but bring more crowds and piste what used to be unpisted...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
nozawaonsen wrote:
and piste what used to be un-pisted...

If you remember what Ischgl used to be like in 80's , well they f**ked that up as well with new lifts & pistes Sad Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flying around St Anton end of Last Season

Goodbye Winter

http://youtube.com/v/njFTZh_e8o8

Town and Trees

http://vimeo.com/7652998

Living FPV 2 (July 2010)

Living FPV 2 from trappy : TeamBlackSheep
http://vimeo.com/13283846
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
St Anton in 3D

http://youtube.com/v/_MFWf7m0O1A

Mattunjoch Ski Route in 3D

http://youtube.com/v/5Z0TuMlcMdc
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Mooser

Opening December 2011

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 5-10-10 14:15; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
amazing what €5.30 per half litre of beer can buy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boabski wrote:
amazing what €5.30 per half litre of beer can buy

That was last years prices. Pre last season the owner of the Moose was canvassing every bar to put up there prices so they could justify an increase at the Moose. However, most bars resisted because of the downturn.

If you have to pay for your beer there wink wink expect something like €5.90 this season !!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

That was last years prices. Pre last season the owner of the Moose was canvassing every bar to put up there prices so they could justify an increase at the Moose. However, most bars resisted because of the downturn.

Can't say I noticed the Griabli or Piccadilly being any cheaper than Moos this year - we only managed once to the Moos as we were enjoying the others so much Very Happy
Might not manage to St Anton next year anyway as me and the Mrs hit 40 next year - she's making noises about the Maldives. I'm sure the lads will be 'good' enough to send me loads of snaps/video footage to remind me of what I'm missing Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boabski wrote:
Quote:

Can't say I noticed the Griabli or Piccadilly being any cheaper than Moos this year - we only managed once to the Moos as we were enjoying the others so much Very Happy
Might not manage to St Anton next year anyway as me and the Mrs hit 40 next year - she's making noises about the Maldives. I'm sure the lads will be 'good' enough to send me loads of snaps/video footage to remind me of what I'm missing Crying or Very sad

There expecting a huge drop in UK customers this season. Folk should find it much easier to get the 3,4 or 5 day deals rather than the Sat to Sat.

Pils Bier tastes flat & warm when served in 1/2 litres glasses. Its much better experienced and drunk in small 0.25l or 0.3l glasses wink

This seasons "season pass" has gone up €15 to €710 However , this season is very long 26th November to 1st May (157Days)

and works out at only €4.52 per day, really not bad value Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy which is less than 1/2ltr of warm bier !!

http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/images/stories/pdf-dateien/skipass/arlbergerbergbahn_winter_e.pdf
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

There expecting a huge drop in UK customers this season. Folk should find it much easier to get the 3,4 or 5 day deals rather than the Sat to Sat.

interesting to hear that. Is it the same for Dutch and German visitors too? I've usually got to get my room booked by now to guarantee a place near the Galzigbahn
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
OTOH that may mean that UK TO's drop their prices so there are cheap deals available to try and attract them.

For anybody that's stayed at the Galzig end, what are the queues like there in the morning? I've always stayed at the Nasserein end so got on the lift there which hasn't been too bad, at least until hitting Zammermoos (single rider queue every time), where as this season I'm in a chalet at the other end of town...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boabski wrote:
Is it the same for Dutch and German visitors too? I've usually got to get my room booked by now to guarantee a place near the Galzigbahn

Most Dutch & Germans book very last minute and drive down or just turn up & find somewhere. Long weekends , 4 days breaks are the normal.

I do not know any Dutch who would fly to Austria.

Most of us stay down valley (St Jakob,Strengen,Flirsch , Pettneu) where its a lot cheaper & IMO much better value. The Ski buses you direct to the Lifts.

Having said that more & more Dutch Chalet company's are operating nowadays.

http://www.wenschalets.nl

http://www.skichalets.nl/

Sitter wrote:
For anybody that's stayed at the Galzig end, what are the queues like there in the morning?

First lifts (08:45) there are no queues at Galzig,Gampen or Rendl, just walk on.

It also depends on time of year but generally in the School holidays avoid 10:00-10:30 at any valley lift.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks, think I only hit queues at Nasserein once or twice last season, was generally heading up about 10-11. As for the holiday periods, I tended to head up around lunch time when the slopes were quieter, or sometimes avoid them all together. Just wondering how the queues differed to the Nasserein end which is where I'm used to. At least it won't be as far to head back from Taps/KK's after an afternoon there on my day off!
snow conditions
Sitter, agree with stanton. Virtually no queuing at all these days. Really is quite incredible given the amount of users. We hardly queued at all and were using the lifts between 9 and 10 every day. Quite literally walked straight on the Rendlbahn and a couple of mins to get on Galzigbahn.
ski holidays
Cool, thanks. Can't wait to get back out there, I'm having withdrawal symptoms! Will probably spend a little more time Rendl way this season, just starting to get in to park so want to improve that side of things although I will definately be venturing off piste when conditions allow, got the bug when I tried it last season.
ski holidays
Sitter, some really nice (and easy) ski routes in Rendl too
Quote:

I'm having withdrawal symptoms
know what you mean. Normally have the boys week in St Antoin booked by now, but looks like I'll be missing out next year Crying or Very sad
latest report
stanton, is that a big extension to the terrace on the left of that picture or just building work?
ski holidays
Did some of the Rendl routes last season and enjoyed them. Not quite the same over there with the new gondola, wouldn't mind the old beach back, was much better for sitting and chilling with a radler watching people in the park, although the faster uplift and heated seats are nice. They should've made the bridge a little wider at the bottom of the home run tho (and a rope tow for those of us that board, that last flat bit is a PITA)
snow report
nozawaonsen wrote:
stanton, is that a big extension to the terrace on the left of that picture or just building work?

No, its the new Hotel "TheMooser" , I think a few more floors to build yet.
snow report
Over on the German Forum

Some spectacular Summer (July) pictures of St Anton am Arlberg lift Network

To The Valluga summit.

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=36019

Rendl

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=36020

Gampen Kapall

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=36018
latest report
stanton, Nice photos.
Would you know if there will build a bridge above the river (marked yellow on picture)
to somehow get better connection to the new gondola.
Now it seems like the is bit a walking (red dots) to get there?

Would that be possible at all?

snow conditions
The red dots you have marked is the piste, it's a flat section that is a bit of a PITA, the piste isn't as far over as the tail of your arrow, the home run is well off to the left of the picture and the gondola never really crosses it.
latest report
Tom W wrote:
stanton, Nice photos.
Would you know if there will build a bridge above the river (marked yellow on picture)
to somehow get better connection to the new gondola.
Now it seems like the is bit a walking (red dots) to get there?
Would that be possible at all?

I doubt that will happen.
They already had enough planning problems (landowners,environmentalists) designing & building the new Egress. The new bridge crossing the Rosanna was only completed the week before last Xmas. The red dots are a flat piste (schuss) on top of the railway gallery.

Take a look at the last weeks of construction.

http://www.rendl.info/index.php?id=39
snow conditions
First Snow August 6th Very Happy

ski holidays
stanton, Thanks. I don't mind a bit of walking with my board. But is might not be so appealing for repeated runs. I liked that piste from Rendl to the village a lot.
Looks like it will be doable with some piste correction and the new bridge so lets hope for the future.
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Flying around St Anton end of Last Season

Goodbye Winter

http://youtube.com/v/njFTZh_e8o8

Town and Trees

http://vimeo.com/7652998

Living FPV 2 (July 2010)

Living FPV 2 from trappy : TeamBlackSheep
http://vimeo.com/13283846

Not had time to watch all of that - partly because my broadband is still ropey. But what I have seen is fantastic. But I did wonder what the parascenders' reaction was to having a FPV model flying near them. Do you know?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Stanton

"They already had enough planning problems (landowners,environmentalists) designing & building the new Egress."

What is the "new Egress" ?
snow report
stanton, good to see a bit of snow!

Tom W, I'm guessing the new egress is the route and bridge they built last autumn to join up the piste with the new Rendl lift.
ski holidays
Tom W wrote:
stanton, Thanks. I don't mind a bit of walking with my board. But is might not be so appealing for repeated runs. I liked that piste from Rendl to the village a lot.
Looks like it will be doable with some piste correction and the new bridge so lets hope for the future.

Get enough speed up and a clear enough run and you can get almost to the bridge on a board. Just take care walking across the bridge, the snow on it was very much a u shape last Winter and could be quite tricky to walk over, especially with several skiers trying to get over it too.
latest report
I think that there is no chance for the bridge being moved, it will not happen. One of the reasons that the bridge was built where it is would be to put a dog leg in the route back to the gondola & make sure that nobody can come screaming across at some crazy speed......not that anybody would do such a thing!!
snow conditions
Re some earlier discussions I see from sidneyreilly's blog that the redevelopment of the Funky Chicken/Platzl/Pomodoro site will take place Summer 2011.
latest report
Quote:

the redevelopment of the Funky Chicken/Platzl/Pomodoro site will take place Summer 2011

Gutted Sad
ski holidays
boabski wrote:
Quote:

the redevelopment of the Funky Chicken/Platzl/Pomodoro site will take place Summer 2011

Gutted Sad

Its been on the cards for sometime. I mentioned this on last seasons Arlberg reports.
latest report
stanton, still sad though, especially given that it looks like I won't be heading to St Anton this year Sad
snow report
But it does give you a perfect excuse for a last minute get-a-way if circumstances allow NehNeh
ski holidays
Sitter, true, but under pressure to take the mrs to the Maldives for our 40th's next year
snow conditions
Over on the German Forum

Some photos of Avalanche Safety Work on Albona, (Probably for the new Gondola)

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=991&p=4705671&hilit=arlberg#p4705671
snow report
My WINGS (www.flymywings.com) (Friedrichshafen) is a new German airline. The new airline is planning to start operations from Friedrichshafen on August 11 to various popular European destinations including London (Gatwick)

Apparently no charges for Ski's or Boots

http://www.flymywings.com/en/buchung
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy