Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg snow report 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 19-11-10 9:39; edited 7 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
looks like snow in St Christoph from the webcams....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Break in the snow.

More snow coming tomorrow & looking for a HUGE fall starting this coming weekend

http://wetter.news.at/oesterreich/tirol/arlberg-galzig
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looking good on the webcams this morning! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
wondering if it's all a bit earlier or wether this new snow will stick around for a good early season base......
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski, interesting. It's on the early side... And it was the last two weeks of November that washed it all away last year... Then again you can almost... reach... winter... if... you... stretch... wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski wrote:
wondering if it's all a bit earlier or wether this new snow will stick around for a good early season base......

Normally the ground freezes & the first snow falls at higher elevations (above 2000M) around this the of the year so it is looking good so far Very Happy

However, 3 seasons ago in an El Nino year (like this one) warm weather retuned in November and melted everything & it was only due to a timely decrease in temperature 3 days before Xmas they were able to switch on the Snow Cannons and lay down some pistes.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 25-10-10 13:36; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
St Christoph appears to have some good depth, that webshot from St Anton was green yesterday, and I suspect may become green again, before the season starts......but who knows!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The snow cannons are on already Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
October 26th

Gampen

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 26-10-10 13:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Some cracking pictures on the webcams! Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Galzig weather station showing around 60cm.

http://lawine.tirol.gv.at/schnee-und-lawineninfo/messstationen/r1-arlberg-ausserfern/galzig-osthangbahn-young/
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Courtesy of sidneyreilly,

http://stantonviews.blogspot.com/2010/10/how-much-snow.html
latest report
Warming up significantly next week with an above 3000M freeze point.

Warm Fohn from the South.

I think it will be green pastures again below 2300M next week.
snow report
stanton, yes looks that way... Possible ray of light or rather drop of temperatures in just over a week, around 07th November though... Maybe...
snow report
Next Week we could see the beginning of a another significant Dump.
snow conditions
Over on the German Forum.

Some photos of some very late repair work to Snowmaking lines,etc. due to a possible landslide (unconfirmed) caused by recent heavy rain.

Rendl Valley R1
ski holidays
@Boabski The owners of the Hannes Schneider split up last year, I think that after the man stopped working as a ski instructor and spent all day back in the restaurant it was to much for the lady.

I had many great lunches in the Restaurant Hannes Schneider with my clients and will miss it a lot.

I also had a terrible experience at the Berghaus last year - no more.
snow conditions
I posted this last season.

stanton wrote:
Promo Movie Production produced for the German Television

http://youtube.com/v/LxGyvTF8xo8

latest report
have we drifted OT?
ski holidays
stanton, nice video. Very Happy
snow report
Looks snowy in Lech. (webcams)
snow report
Latest pics after the snow fall of last night / today:

www.stantonviews.blogspot.com
ski holidays
I wonder how good things are looking for 26 November opening at present? Looks like a fair amount of snow from last day or two, but also a rather warm spell returning at the weekend? Presumably as long as the run in week is cool rather than warm (like last year) something round Galzig should be running?
snow report
Pettneu am Arlberg

Some new Hope for the Pettneu Ski lift Company (Read back for in this thread about insolvency)

http://tirol.orf.at/stories/480544/
snow report
New Official Ski Piste (Stuben)

In Stuben under the Albona II a new official red Piste S5

http://www.skiarlberg.at/gesamt/pano.pdf

There are some other changes in Sonnenkopf
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pdf didn't seem to work for me... would love to know what for changes happened in sonnenkopf!
snow conditions
stanton wrote:

Actually, that was there last season. Cannot remember if it was on the lift map, but it was certainly there and groomed. Could be accessed from either the cat track near the top of Albna II or else further down R3
snow report
Quite a bit of green breaking through... And looks rather sunny... Quite a bit more cover looks like it will go over the course of what looks like being a warm weekend!

But at the moment looks like some more snow on Tuesday followed by cooler temperatures all the way to opening weekend...
latest report
Yeah, was thinking the Nasserein webcam was looking lovely and green! As soon as the temperatures cool lower down they'll get the snow cannons up and running to resort level I imagine. Mind you, wouldn't bother me if the lifts open late again, I found it made training week/set up week much easier knowing we weren't missing out on anything on the slopes. So distracting seeing people wizzing down the slopes when you can't!
latest report
nozawaonsen wrote:
boabski, I'd be surprised if that happens any time in the near future. The topography is very tricky and you'd have to go through the Pazieltal and I can't imagine that would be very popular...

Engineers don't have problems, Engineers have solutions.
It is only 2km as the crow flies from the top of Trittkopf lift to the floor of the run down to Alpe Rauz.
Same length as the Lech-Warth link.
A no getting off, up and over the ridge, lift could ferry people in both directions.

Unfortunately engineers don't have money.

Also I can't imagine the owners of the five star hotels in Zurs being too pleased to make it so easy for the riff-raff from St Anton.
They would not like their millionaire guests having to share their pistes with so many paupers.
Bus loads is ample for them.
They still have not linked Zurs to the top of Rufikopf have they.
A simple link of 1.3km.
latest report
stanton wrote:
Here is a bit of news. Very Happy Very Happy

It looks like the the link up between WarthSchröcken-Lech will go ahead for the 2011/2012 season as there is no need for the UVP (Environmental Impact Study) as the proposed changes only effect 1 Hectare of Land well below the 20 Hectare limit/

http://vorarlberg.orf.at/stories/466108/

My post earlier

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1541732&highlight=lechwarth+linkup#1541732

2km x 5m = 1Hectare
Does this mean there would be no piste.
Sorry I can't read German.
snow report
ulmerhutte wrote:
stanton wrote:

Actually, that was there last season. Cannot remember if it was on the lift map, but it was certainly there and groomed. Could be accessed from either the cat track near the top of Albna II or else further down R3

If you compare with last seasons piste map you will see it was not marked or an official piste

http://www.skigebiete-test.de/pistenplan/vollbild/lech-zuers-am-arlberg.1680.1050
snow conditions
Colder Temperatures this coming week, freeze level will fall below the town. Snow expected tuesday onwards. Very Happy
ski holidays
Very Happy They can get the cannons up and running again then. 11 days and I'll be there!
ski holidays

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 17-11-10 9:43; edited 1 time in total
latest report
stanton wrote:
ulmerhutte wrote:
stanton wrote:

If you compare with last seasons piste map you will see it was not marked or an official piste

http://www.skigebiete-test.de/pistenplan/vollbild/lech-zuers-am-arlberg.1680.1050

Whatever! It was groomed last season and had trail markers on it...
ski holidays
edit

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 18-11-10 11:01; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy