Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow & Board Camp Tignes December 2010

Poster: A snowHead
holidayloverxx, Yes lessons are on Thursday PM and Friday AM this time. This year it's the GS on Saturday and Slalom on Sunday, I probably won't watch all of both though it interferes too much with actually skiing.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks Mick, Holiday Lover and Joy Division... I'm clearer on it now and we're REALLY looking forward to it! Roughly how many people do MountainSun have in each group that goes over? Thanks, Eddy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep, I'm planning on doing some serious ski racer stalking (you can ski anytime Wink)
It was much easier when I went over on the Sunday, the trick being to get the race piste gondola down to the start, not try and ski there.
Hop! hop! hop! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Steady Eddy, do you mean over to the racing? it's not organised, folk just decide what they are doing everyday and others hook up if they want. Last year there were 4 or 5 of us IIRC
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MEN (Olympic Face of Bellevarde)

* December 09th 2010 Team arrival
* December 10th 2010 Free Skiing
* December 11th 2010 Men Giant Slalom

Start 1st run : 10:15
Start 2nd run : 13:15

* December 12th 2010 Men Slalom

Start 1st run : 10:15
Start 2nd run : 13:15
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Not long now Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jerry, is the GS on the Face? Tempted to drive up for the Saturday to catch a bit of the racing.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, It is, which is a bit of a shame as as far as I'm aware there's not much on-course viewing, whereas I think on the OK (Where it was when I went specially the other year and it was canceled rolling eyes) you can get down the side of the course a bit more. Unless of course you know different, I don't know the area that well.
That said, it wasn't mega busy in the finish area last year and the view was pretty good.
I'm planning on being there for the GS at least, be good to see you Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hey chaps & chapesses - just noticed this thread - is there room in the jacuzi for me?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
lampbus, very much doubt it, pretty sure it sold out the day it was announced, worth emailing them though, you never know.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
lampbus, hiya! Be nice to see you again. Didn't you stay in a place nearby the other year?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Maggi ! Smile

Jonm - i have enquired and u r rite - no room at the inn. oh well.

Ill see how desperate for snow+friendly skiers i get and see if the 'stable' next door is available. (I did check out the flights - usual problem with NCL easyjet not starting till the saturday...)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lampbus, advance planning is the key...

The webcams are looking very nice indeed this morning, I notice Cool Cool Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quick question as I've snided in for a penultimate weekend - is it a bit of a scrum to get demo skis? The stock seems mainly targetted at midgets with only a couple of pairs in "man sized" lengths so figure it might be quite difficult to secure these. Just weighing up whether its worth taking my own.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fatbob, I've always taken my own, but people I've been with on previous years who haven't have always found something usable.
ski holidays
jonm, but to be fair we're mainly happy with wimp sized skis Smile

As people are leaving and arriving every day they're turned over pretty quickly. They kit you out when you arrive so best to get down to the ski room smartly. I was there last month and didn't think there looked as many as in the past.
snow report
Colin B, what did you try ? anything exciting?
ski holidays
bfg, As it was on the glacier only and I had 3 mornings of lessons I went with piste skis. Scott Winds, they were OK for what I was looking for that week.
snow report
Steady Eddy, If you email me I can help you to arrange private beginner lessons.
snow report
Is anyone "taking" then, or relying on the demo kit ?
Tempted to take mine although the Salomon somethings I had last year were ok, if a bit blunt (and they might have been Rossis, such is the finely tuned snow athlete that I am) Smile
snow report
Jerry, I'm using the demos - hoping for pow and my BLs will sink like a stone.
snow report
Jerry, I'm taking mine, just because it'd probably take me a week to get used to anything else Toofy Grin

The ski guy at the Melezes, Mikey I think, will wax/edge your skis for a small fee, I discovered at Easter Little Angel
snow report
Hmmm I'll have a think then.
I quite like taking mine though - stood in the check-in queue with them over my shoulder is the time I look most like a skier.
snow conditions
Quote:

stood in the check-in queue with them over my shoulder is the time I look most like a skier.

and then you click into the bindings ........ Toofy Grin

I shan't be taking mine, I've been happy with those I've had in 3 trips to date.
snow report
Well, you know what they say, "If you can really ski, you can ski on anything."

So I'm not taking mine NehNeh

(Actually, it's because I quite enjoy trying other skis and I'm too tight to pay ski carriage Laughing .)
snow report
Jerry, maybe you should reserve a "special moguls" pair? Twisted Evil
ski holidays
bfg, yeah, shorter than the ones he used last year so that he can maybe not get stuck suspended between two of them Laughing wink
snow report
Hoho, such shining wits, or something.

maggi, That's not what you said sat in the middle of the piste, fag on, just down from the James Bond resturant Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jerry, well, I had to do something whilst waiting for the slowcoaches rolling eyes . (Actually, I reckon I'm a boarder at heart! Laughing )
snow report
Quote:

stood in the check-in queue with them over my shoulder is the time I look most like a skier

I've only just read this. I actually LOLed Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Ah... this time next week we'll be at the airport... Little Angel
ski holidays
Michelle,

Looks like our paths will be crossing - I fly out 2 weeks today Very Happy make sure you leave some snow for us !
snow conditions
kwaka, hello stranger! May do.... wink
ski holidays
Only 7 days to go

snow conditions
thefatcontroller, see you there!
snow report
hey all

I'm thinking of flying out from the UK on 4th or 5th December to come to Tignes (on my own!) and ski that week, then fly from somewhere in Europe to Tenerife on the 11th to meet a friend of mine for a night!

A few questions....
Who's going over this week? Who's flying over that weekend from the UK, or I may consider joining someone on a flight in the week and just having a few days skiing... I'm up for suggestions!
Also, is there any accomodation spare?!

Alex snowHead
ski holidays
aldoyle, If you look at the first post of this thread it shows who is going and when. I think we'll be flying out from a variety of airports. Mountainsun's place is full that week though.
ski holidays
where is everyone staying then?? or is everyone in the same place that's booked up?
latest report
aldoyle, On this thread we're all staying at Mountainsun's Hotel les Melezes at Tignes les Boisses. It's full though, several others have enquired.
snow report
I know these trips are already fully booked but I'm already looking head to next season or for pre season trips. What sort of cost were the Mountainsun hols . The pages on the web site have been removed, so I have no guide. Do they appear as early as April? Any info appreciated.
Update: It does help if I look in the right place! Embarassed I have now found the right web site:- http://www.skiandboardcamp.com/pricing.html
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy