Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow & Board Camp Tignes December 2010

Poster: A snowHead
This seems to have gone a bit more more un-noticed this year. However I'm sure there will still be plenty of snowHead 's there, if so post here. I'll try to keep an up to date list. Can't put this in snowEvents.

Jerry and I will be there the last weekend along with a skiing acquaintance of mine, I know jonm has booked up for then too.

Confirmed
Colin B + Jerry + Simon 7th - 12th
jonm + bfg 6th - 12th
smagsmith (+ 2) 6th - 9th
Maggi + thumbstruck 8th - 12th
holidayloverxx + Eeyore 8th - 12th
Battlezone + Malley 6th - 12th
Sam Munting
sarep + vetski 8th - 12th
Skeg289 + 4 6th - 9th
Nightcap + skiwigirl 8th - 12th

TBC

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 5-12-10 12:53; edited 12 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I will be there with two mates on the 6th - 9th

cheers
Smag Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ooooh, usual suspects then! OH and I will be there 8th until 12th. See you in the hot tub! Cheers! Cool

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Ooooh, usual suspects then!

Sounds like it! I presume that it's thumbstruck and not rednose you're coming with!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Colin B, yes, my OH is Thumbstruck Laughing . Rednose isn't coming this time Sad .

Joanne didn't post it on snowHeads but I presume everyone got the e-mail. I booked the day it came out and I still couldn't get a room with a balcony. Not too fussed though - so long as I got something! I hope the Easyjet flights will fit. Can't find any others from oop north at the mo.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Colin B, me and Eyesore from 8th - 12th

Battlezone & Malley are booked as is Sam Munting, Vetski has a room TBC (I think) and Rookie Headette and skiwigirl are hopeful.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It looks very much like the old team is forming again for next year, with one or two additions Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm afraid last year when I put it on Snowheads I got told off by Admin; so apologies to anyone who isn't on our mailing list who may have missed out, but we're not allowed to tell you about it on snowheads!! We're looking at increasing our capacity and will know in the next couple of weeks if that's going to happen. I have a waiting list for the last weekend so please contact me if you'd like to go on it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Joanne Mountainsun wrote:
...............we're not allowed to tell you about it on snowheads!!...........

Been obvious form late from the Chemmy thread that admins's only interest is his own money making bash events, damn the rest of us. Anyway without the help of this ski website we'll be there in late November. Thank Jo wink Cool
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Joanne Mountainsun, Thanks for that and to Colin B for putting up the thread. I got the email just before I set off for the EoSB so couldn't log on.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Colin B, I'm booked for 6th to 12th and there'll be a +1 with me (currently TBA) if you want to update your initial post Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I might be there in Dec this year too for a short break as time off might be limited next season.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm going on the 25th of November, hopefully theres a bit of snow apart from on the glacier Laughing will be there with a couple of mates
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We were hoping to go on the 25th Nov but there was no room left for us ( 8 ) so we are going 18th now. There was plenty of snow last year on 5th Nov and more than just the glacier open - hopefully even more will be open by 18th but I think the resort is normally officially fully open the last weekend of Nov.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Colin B,

Vetski
and I are now booked for 8-12th. I'm hoping that my first Ski & Board Camp will be as much fun as my first snowHead EoSB Very Happy
snow conditions
sarep, It's usually a pretty good time Smile
latest report
Colin B wrote:
sarep, It's usually a pretty good time Smile
Just stay out of the rum bar in Le Lac. The pain a few hours later is really not worth it!
ski holidays
vetski, Easy - I hate rum, just tell me no-one has opened a vodka bar and we'll be A-OK Toofy Grin
ski holidays
sarep, I don't like rum either. Didn't seem to stop me, though!
snow conditions
EASYJET FLIGHTS OUT NOW

I've just booked Gatwick - GVA out weds 8th back sun 12th for £65,98 inc 1 hold bag (boots in bag), no skis as I'll use what's there or add them later if I feel like it.

outward 14:30 arrive 17:00
return 21:30 arrive 22:00
latest report
Maybe see you guys out there - I'm thinking of doing an Inspired to Ski course the week beginning the 5th.
latest report
Quote:

Just stay out of the rum bar in Le Lac.

No, we have to go, otherwise there will be more people behind the bar than on the right side of it...
snow conditions
Just booked my flights too

London Luton to Geneva
Dep 07 December 2010 14:45
Arr 07 December 2010 17:25

Geneva to London Luton
Dep 12 December 2010 21:30
Arr 12 December 2010 22:10

£70 inc debit card fee but no skis.

I will avoid the rum bar again this year. It looked far too painful for those who did go.
ski holidays
I am definitely not going to the rum bar.... please remind me of that
latest report
Hurtle, Very Happy
snow report
holidayloverxx, see you there then wink Pre-booked taxis at 4am are slightly cheaper wink Toofy Grin
snow report
Why not just buy a few bottles of Captain Morgan's at Gatwick and have a rum party back at the Les Boisses?
latest report
jonm, Jacques was certainly a star for getting out of bed to collect us!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Colin B, Much better idea! combine with dry ginger and lime for a very moreish cocktail (not very dark rum though)
snow report
Really looking forward to this already, it's only 7 months away Confused
snow conditions
Haven't been able to drink rum for 35 years, got very drunk on it at 16 and was very, very, ill, can't even bear the smell now.
ski holidays
Colin B, I'm the same with brandy. Crying shame but it's a very strong effect when you've been ill like that.
ski holidays
That's me and Pernod [/vom]
latest report
Thanks for the heads-up on flights, guys. Just booked Luton. I hope! Shocked Had a few drinks but think it's OK (got son to check before I clicked to pay rolling eyes ). £136 ish for the 2 of us. Same flight as you, Colin B, on the way back Cool .
latest report
Just emailed some of you about lessons. Good time anyway to see if there is anyone else booked for then too.
snow report
If anyone needs transfers, and there are 4 or more of you travelling at similar times then have a look at our website as we're good value & give discounts for Snowheads!

www.ski4funtransfers.co.uk
ski holidays
Colin B, Thanks for organising the lesson (as long as it is with you know who wink )
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, I'll make a special request for eeyore and you wink
latest report
Colin B, Little Angel
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:
Maybe see you guys out there - I'm thinking of doing an Inspired to Ski course the week beginning the 5th.
I've booked! It will be lovely to meet up and perhaps have a ski with some of you (if you can bear it). Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy