Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow & Board Camp Tignes December 2010

Poster: A snowHead
BMF_Skier, Early May this year. You have to be really quick for the most popular weeks they book up really quickly.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Colin B, Thanks. I snoozed on this place this year, but I am now going to the SFaB in April. I'm considering an early Dec trip for next year.
I've never been to Tignes before. Is it still glacier skiing in Tignes at that time or do some other pistes open (snow permitting)?
I have seen that this chalet is in Les Boisses. How do people get to the slopes in early Dec?
Finally, skis? Do people take their own or rely in the availability of the test skis?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BMF_Skier, the weekend we go the whole resort has been open, wind permitting. We have lost 1 day twice in 3 years, the first due to an avalanche closign the road up to Le Lac and the second due to high winds closing the lifts. There has been dumpage on an epic scale at times. The ski bus runs in the morning and back in the afternoon, if the ski bus schedule hasn't started Mountainsun take you up in the minibuses. I fyou miss the bus, or decide to stay out for apres the taxi is about 15 euros. Some folk take their own skis, others rely on the demos. I've been in both camps and this year I am not taking mine to save cost.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BMF_Skier, typically the Espace Killy opens on the last weekend of November, snow dependent. I've been there three times for opening weekend and had great snow twice (and an exceptionally quiet resort), and once it was just about OK. But it's not unheard of for the opening to be postponed by a week.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jez, Shocked Shocked . Looking at the forecast for this weekend I might even have to consider a second layer under ski jacket. Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
can we go yet?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx, I wish we could.

Having a poo-poo day at work, which is pretty much the norm these days. Tempted to not come home again, if I could find a job washing pots, serving beer or something equally politics-, stress- and c0wdoo-free compared to the current dump.

Ah, I feel better now Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ah, I see the profanity filter has been souped up.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jonm, I'm not having a poo-poo day yet (I thought I might as well type poo-poo!) but I feel a series of poo-poo weeks coming on after some decisions to be taken later in the week - I'll be ready for this trip in 2 weeks!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Who is on the Gatwick flight arriving at 17:00 on 8th?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I hear GVA is shut and Michelle etc are stuck there Shocked
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jonm, Yep, more snow on the roads ion Geneva that in Tignes. Never again let anyone say to me that roads in France and Switzerland don't grind to a halt with snow, chaos in Geneva, Annecy was gridlocked and sheet ice on the road. Skullie Skullie
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not long to go now. Lets hope all the various airports, roads, etc are clear for us early next week.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I hope so too. Although I'll be happy when I finally return home from this 3 day break that has so far lasted 7 days... and there's no hope yet of getting south of London... thank gawd this household has genepi... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
3 sleeps! Toofy Grin

Hope you get home sometime soon Michelle!
latest report
Michelle, where are you now???
I thaught you guys got back yesterday ?? Hope you manage it soon
What flavour genepi?!
snow conditions
Possible cancellation on one quad room 9th - 12th December!! Please contact joanne.mountainsunltd@talktalk.net to get in quick for first dibs as if it comes free it'll go quick but I know some of you guys were disappointed at misisng out so offering it up!!
snow conditions
Joanne Mountainsun wrote:
Possible cancellation on one quad room 9th - 12th December!! Please contact joanne.mountainsunltd@talktalk.net to get in quick for first dibs as if it comes free it'll go quick but I know some of you guys were disappointed at misisng out so offering it up!!

4 Welsh boys by chance wink Laughing
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, their wives finally put their foot down?!
bfg, homphomp and I finally made it home Friday late afternoon.
I've updated the 'other' Mountainsun thread...

Good luck to those of you going out tomorrow!
snow report
Last day at work for me Toofy Grin then off we go! Hopefully everything will be back to normal by Mon afternoon snowHead
snow report
Battlezone, See you Tuesday night when we arrive, I assume you'll still be in the bar wink
snow report
very excited now. I bought a helmet and goggles yesterday Very Happy
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, and see you Wednesday night in the bar when you arrive
ski holidays
All packed and ready to go Toofy Grin

See you all soon!
ski holidays
jonm, Have a great trip. Going green snowHead
ski holidays
Hope all you guys have a great trip snowHead

I left it a mere 6 months too late to book for The Camp Crying or Very sad but am heading out to Les Melezes on the 12th Very Happy , maybe bump into you at the airport.
snow report
jonm, see you Tuesday night too, good journey, things look a lot better now
snow conditions
Colin B, cheers Toofy Grin
Battlezone, what time are you arriving at GVA tomorrow? See you in the bar? Little Angel
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Colin B wrote:
Battlezone, See you Tuesday night when we arrive, I assume you'll still be in the bar wink

Quote:
Battlezone, what time are you arriving at GVA tomorrow? See you in the bar? Little Angel

There appears to be a pattern emerging here. Madeye-Smiley

Have a few beers for us poor souls left behind. snowHead
snow conditions
geepee, that last week of Mountainsun's autumn deal is a great social occasion with plenty of skiing too, there must be a dozen or more snowhead regulars who are doing it for the 3rd or 4th year.
ski holidays
Colin B, Looking at the people going it can't fail to be a great snowHead occasion.

Have a great time all. snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
Michelle wrote:
their wives finally put their foot down?

I would think so, as brave and cocky that they were on the way through the snow to Geneva on Tuesday night I think a few vasectomies would have been done with blunt knives if they had got back on the plane this week. Laughing

You were aware that 2 of them had heavily pregnant wives left at home?
ski holidays
I think I'll start to pack Very Happy

Colin B, I'll have a beer please wink
latest report
geepee wrote:
There appears to be a pattern emerging here. Madeye-Smiley

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Colin B wrote:

More than likely. The aches will have started by then so I'll need plenty of medication Very Happy

jonm wrote:

All being well we touch down around 5:30pm local. So obviously time for a swift one or two before the transport arrives Shocked

holidayloverxx wrote:
very excited now. I bought a helmet and goggles yesterday Very Happy

Is that so we don't recognise you propping the bar up wink

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 5-12-10 16:20; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Battlezone, Laughing
snow report
Bloomin snow.... That's five cars and two paths I've been helping on!
Who's bright idea was it to buy a snow shovel ?, urgh.... That'll be me then !!!!

See you all at various points in the week! Sometimes there might well be two of you!! Shocked

Geepee there's always next year wink
ski holidays
Just had my last but one training session before leaving Tuesday Little Angel
ski holidays
Colin B, which pub was that in! Laughing
ski holidays
bfg, Ha ha, no cross trainer, sit ups, squats. Although I do have a well earned glass of red at the moment.
snow report
Quote:

cross trainer, sit ups, squats

I'm ashamed to say I have done *nothing* whatsoever, so as usual will blame lack of fitness for my poor skiing Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy