Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Mid / Fat (Womens) Ski?? Pls Help!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All!

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good fat ski. I currently have 160 K2 Lotta Luv's for just general mincing, liberty frosh for the park and k2 public enemys 164's for more powders days but these are 4 years old and showing it so want to replace them with something a bit wider underneath.

I am 5"7 and about 70kg. Looking for something around 100 underfoot (not rockers) and lightweight, preferably around 160-169cm. Not that fussed about if its women specific but obviously prefer good graphics, nothing too pink!

Any suggestions would be so appreciated...

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jo_snow45, welcome to snowheads.

Whitedot Preacher. If I could only have one ski this would be my choice. It is a very good, very versatile fat ski with conventional side cut and camber.The Graphics are like Marmite, you will either love or hate them. (Different graphic for next year if you dont like this years).
It's 112 under foot but the side cut and camber make it very versatile, the width makes it very floaty and a lot of fun especially in powder. Its not uber stiff either. I skied the 189 most of this season and loved it. Well worth a demo if you get the chance.
http://www.whitedotfreeride.com/skis3.php
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My ex used to ride the Line Celebrity which she really rated for its weight and manouverability. They now do the Pandora which is 115 underfoot:

http://lineskis.com/skis/pandora

I personally like the graphics, but I guess that's a personal thing .....

That said, The Preacher is an awesome ski too and well worth a test drive.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jo_snow45, Try sticking with K2, they do perhaps the most performant/lightweight skis on the market in the Payback and Gotback models. The Hardside may also be worth a look. Voelkl also have a great range for women, try them too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys.... yes ive been drooling over the pandoras for a while now but have never had the chance to ride them though there's some really good deals on them at the moment, watch this space!

I tried the gotbacks in Jan, thought they were ok but not very "poppy" (if thats the write word!). Plus I think the graphics are horrid so was probably looking for a reason to dislike........

Love the look of the preachers but can only find them for £450 at mo so not sure I can afford these considering the Pandoras are £290.

Has anyone tried out the Pandoras? Would probably go for a 172 over a 162 given the early rise?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jo_snow45, I love the graphics,I'm sticking to my MissDemeanors for the foreseeable future though.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How much does body mass come into it when riding skis? I tried 173cm skis a few weeks ago as a precursor to giving longer skis a go (I currently ski short fat Pilgrims) and they bounced me around like a bag of rubber balls Shocked

I thought it may be that I'm too light for them (cue 'lighweight' jokes) or could it be that I don't yet have the strength/skills? I'm 1.65cm (or 5'6") and 55kg.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Zero-G, my 65kg friend (yes, he needs more pies), skis 188cm K2 Anti-Pistes & 191cm Scott P4s. MTFU.

jo_snow45, at that price just buy the Line's and move them on if you don't like them.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
parlor, suppose I'll have to keep trying different skis until I find a pair of big boys I can handle.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
K2 Paybacks are pretty decent - great in powder and very usable on piste if required
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RPF wrote:
........Whitedot Preacher. If I could only have one ski this would be my choice. It is a very good, very versatile fat ski with conventional side cut and camber.The Graphics are like Marmite, you will either love or hate them. (Different graphic for next year if you dont like this years)......

Whitedot graphics are unchanged next season.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon, Just heard that too, I like the dots. Little Angel
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
K2 Phat Luvs. My wife went from Lotta Luvs to Phat Luvs and chose them over Celebrities. Still loves them after 3 seasons. Light and very versatile.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon, ?? What are the new graphics we're seeing then????
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
the missus (mini-ni, feel free to pm her) swears by her Icelantic Shamans and WhiteDot Preachers, best skis she's ever skiied (and shes skiied most things in the market), and shes getting the 180 Redeemers when they are released for 2011.

As for the new graphics for WhiteDot next season, theyre just protos, think the decision has been taken to simply "masage" the current look for next year! My bad...
snow conditions
the_doc, Shame, the new design was one of the best i'd seen for next year.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, the new design has been delayed for a further season after after requests from the dealers. This season's graphics will be unchanged.
latest report
spyderjon, Shame all round.
latest report
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy