Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travelling with a board bag as your one piece of checked baggage on BA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone done this? Were there any issues with check in staff trying to claim it didn't meet the rules?

I'm doing this tomorrow, along with max hand luggage allowance, but from HK where they may not have much experience checking in skis! As there are 4 sectors to my flight it will save me £140!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes - no problem
note the 23kg per piece max weight. they have never been too picky about that IME
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've tried to weigh it but it's hard on bathroom scales. It has in it - skis (Sal LAB 3V), boots, shovel, probe, ski suit, ski clothes, hat etc washbag. My non ski clothes are all going hand luggage. The bag itself is very lightweight - too lightweight really but there weren't many options this time of year in HK! DOes that sound like less than 23kgs?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
beanie1, weigh yourself, then you and the bag and do some sums Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beanie1, it'll probably be close. i always struggled to keep it under 23kg but most of the time i was carrying 194 Dynastar XXLs with dukes (ie HEAVY) and the bag I have for these purposes weighs quite a lot on its own. but they never seemed too worried about the odd kilo so no problem in practice
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
beanie1, A lot of travel shops sell natty little luggage weighers for not much cash that hook under bag handles, you might find it easy to pick up the gadget for not much cash and that might help give peace of mind - just an idea.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No problem with one of kids having a bag with 2 pairs of skis and a load of clothes in it as their checked in bag flying BA at half term.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BA sell one of those scales on board in the duty free (obviously that won't be much use for your first sector) and the new model has a strap that clips around the case handle. I always found the ones with a hook a pain as the case kept sliding off on the one I had. I use the new one all the time when travelling...being a girl, I have huge problems staying within my weight limit Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
beanie1, We managed 2 boards, 2 sets of bindings, 2 pairs of boots plus various other bits of clothing and it came in at about 22kgs. we used tiffins suggestion to make sure we weren't over the limit.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Np problem every time I have done it, although I do not push the weight limit
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy