Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wellness - a euphemism for perversion and/or exhibitionism?

Poster: A snowHead
Call me a prude......but our hotel in Austria sold itself (partly) on its comprehensive wellness facilities. However, entry was only allowed to people over 12 without clothes. Towels and robes were acceptable but discarded by most of the (largely German) guests and, in any event, not the most appropriate wear for the hot tub. Did I use the facilities? No, mainly in support of my Wife who was not willing to expose to the gaze of strangers the scars of a recent operation. My daughter, an atractive 20 year old, was uncomfortable with the experience and so did not use the facilities as much as she might otherwise have done.

It seems to me that there are certain types who may be attracted to this environment, including: those getting on a bit who couldn't care less about there own bodies (but still might like to look at others); the attractive ones who welcome the adoring glances; and, those with lecherous tendencies. Of course, these characteristics might apply in combination, but are there others?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
or everyone bar the Brits don't really care.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You're a prude. Toofy Grin

Mid-Europeans have always taken the view that swimming costumes etc in sauna/hottub facilities are unhealthy as they are potential breeding ground for germs etc, therefore clothing is banned. They consider this perfectly normal.

That's just the way it is: if you don't like it, you don't have to go in.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This thread useless without pics (of the OP's 20 year old daughter).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
paulio wrote:
This thread useless without pics (of the OP's 20 year old daughter).

Using the wellness center facilities Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Colin Bell, basically you are a prude!

Nobody has any problem with it except you and you justify yourself by calling all those who don't have a problem, perves. Somewhat one sided and judgemental. rolling eyes

The English/American prudity is quite amusing for everyone else. Although it does tend to keep the riff-raff out of the Wellness area. Toofy Grin

Most Spa areas are child-free, in my current hotel no child under 14 is allowed in and those 14 to 16 have to be accompanied by a parent. The wellness area is an oasis of calm and really relaxing after a day on the slopes. I've used spas back in the UK and do not like sitting sweating in a sauna or steam bath in my swimming costume - it is not hygienic due to the artificial fibres in most of them. I am completely at ease in the textile free environment of the European saunas hammans and steam baths. And as far as I am aware, I'm neither a pervert nor a nympho on the hunt!

Try not to be so judgemental about others or so insecure about your own assets! No-one else gives damn how you look - just relax and enjoy chilling out in the peace and quiet. The etiquette, which you are obviously unaware of, is that you do not sit there ogling the totty or passing comment on others.

Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Colin Bell, another prude vote here, I'm afraid. Nudity and sex aren't necessarily the same thing.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Clothing is very Un Hygenic in Saunas.

Swimwear traps sweat and causes the body to overheat.

If you take a shower with swimwear a quick
rinse over a costume will achieve very little and won’t get
rid of invisible faecal matter and bacteria.

These pathogens mix with sweat under swimwear and then seep
onto the benches of the sauna or steam room.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stanton wrote:
seep onto the benches of the sauna or steam room.

Yuk, surely this seepage occurs whether wearing clothes or not? Personally, I'd rather people seeped more into their swimming togs then there would be less erm, seepy stuff, on the benches Going green .
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
maggi, one would wash all the seepy stuff off prior to wellnessing, something one could not do if wearing ones cozzy.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
maggi, Laughing I am more concerned about
Quote:

faecal matter and bacteria
eewww spoo

I saw a programm here that stated 7 in 10 whirlpools/hot tubs contained traces of vaginal fungus and foot fungus
Shocked
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, I was thinking of seeping whilst sitting, not beforehand .....

(please, take this comment in context! Laughing Embarassed )
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I do love a 'wellness' after skiing.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Colin Bell,
Quote:
Call me a prude

Hello Prude...!

It is confusing that in some countries it appears to be Kecks on, in other Kecks off. Then there is the french "Banana Hammocks only dans la Piscine" rule.

And why is it that in Austria the word "Wellness" usually means "Fatness and Ugliness" judging by the locals. Wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Das Marketing.
latest report
"When in Rome.........." is my view - I must admit to enjoying the Wellness greatly. De-toxing, chilling out and getting rid of the aches and pains of the day for 1/2 hour or so at the end of the day. Wouldnt class myself as a perv, or guilty of seepage either! The Germans and Austrians have this sussed as far as I am concerned, spotlessly clean and I dont care about who'se about, who cares so long as they dont say "didnt recognise you with your clothes on" loudly as you walk in for dinner an hour later!! Embarassed

Never seen any dodgy behaviour on my wellness trips (or recognised any wierd lecherous types either) but did get a funny look at the local gym back home when I walked around naked in the steam/ sauna after forgetting to re-tune locally on return!! (only joking). Shocked
snow report
Quote:

No-one else gives damn how you look

This is the key. It's pretty self-centred and self-conscious to worry about whether people are going to be looking too hard at our scars, or whatever. I would always avoid saunas, because I don't think paying to get very hot and sweaty is any fun, actually, and I wouldn't go near a communal hot tub (however clothed) because I am indeed convinced they are often poorly maintained and a great source of bugs. But the nudity (providing everyone is in the same boat) is not a problem and swimming nude - or even topless come to that - is great. Preferably in a warm sea - having dived off the deck of a yacht. The problem comes when climbing back up the ladder (I do actually rather prefer if there's not someone else at the bottom of the ladder, looking up......but then I'm British!)

Clasping great piles of damp fabric round ones boobs really has nothing to commend it.

Yes, you're a prude! wink
snow conditions
When I had a proper job I was responsible for several hotels with Leisure Centres featuring spa baths. Following analysis carried out over a 12 month period I would never get into a public spa bath again Skullie Skullie
snow conditions
This thread useless without pics (of pam w climbing up the ladder on a yacht).
latest report
maggi, that's why you have to place your towel on the benches when in the sauna and then sit or lie on it not the bare boards! In the steam room it is expected that you will hose down the bench you sat on (on your towel) on vacating the place! You should see/hear some of the comments made when people do not play by the rules!Laughing

I only use the jacuzzi when I know I'm the first person in! Yesterday I had a lovely 30 minutes just after the Wellness area opened - the cold water bath was crystal clear and the jacuzzi was perfect. A couple of hours later they were not looking so inviting! It was obvious to me that some of the hotel clients were not using the shower to clean off the muck and grime before using the facilities! Today a lot of the guests were down before the Wellness area opened, so I did not bother to visit as it would have been too busy to be relaxing.
snow conditions
Samerberg Sue wrote:
maggi, that's why you have to place your towel on the benches when in the sauna and then sit or lie on it not the bare boards! In the steam room it is expected that you will hose down the bench you sat on (on your towel) on vacating the place! You should see/hear some of the comments made when people do not play by the rules!Laughing

I cannot see the attraction of sharing a facility with naked, fat, old German-speakers who shout at you for minor infractions of their elaborate code.
snow conditions
paulio, phew, for a moment there I thought you wanted to see photos of peoples seepage Very Happy
ski holidays
laundryman, sounds more like common sense than 'elaborate code' to me.
latest report
Lizzard, nope, still don't feel the urge. Confused
snow conditions
Come ski America. Snow in abundance, togs on in the tub. Germs, bacteria, seepage...that is why God invented chlorine. Laughing

Typical patrons hot tubbing at Alta, Utah:
http://images.usatoday.com/travel/_photos/2009/02/13/utah-poolx.jpg
ski holidays
lucky33, I've just come back. Pleasant and clothed people in the hot tub - and I'm not apparently riddled with disease. Laughing
snow report
Colin Bell, I couldn't agree more. Nudity is unpleasant and unnecessary. Clothes were invented for a very good reason. I would always steer clear of German/Austrian spas and saunas, even German swimming pools on a Saturday morning (shudders at the recollection).

Actually, I disagree with the perviness comments. It clearly isn't that, it's just highly unpleasant to someone like me.
snow report
So are you all saying that if, at the Oxalys, the jacoozi (sp?) had been 'in the buff' that 12 Snowheads would have been happy all tucked in there together? Is it better or worse being in the buff if you know everyone else?

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 25-03-10 17:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
At places I've stayed the code seems to be:

Person takes a peek into sauna/steam room. If others are in same state as peeker, (whether naked or clothed), peeker enters and stays. If not, peeker makes a surprised/disgusted expression and leaves until facility is vacated. Peeker then returns later. I have never been anywhere where there were a mixture of naked and not.
latest report
Samerberg Sue wrote:

Try not to be so judgemental about others or so insecure about your own assets!

got to admit I read that as "ass hats" at first skim
snow report
My 67 year old mother has had quite a chuckle at the OP and wants to know if a rubber duck with a long beak is permitted in these naked wellness facilities Shocked

Personally it would take a huge amount of Dutch courage before I would happily and comfortably join the naked masses in such a facility, that's not to say I'd rule it out entirely, but I might need to be several parts sloshed before hand - if that makes me a prude then so be it.
snow conditions
Quote:

Clothes were invented for a very good reason.

..... because we don't have fur, and it's chilly out.

Honestly, anyone would think none of you lot was actually in possession of a human body. rolling eyes
snow conditions
Another vote for nudity in the sauna/steam room and total avoidance, at all costs, of hot tubs.
latest report
queen bodecia wrote:
Nudity is unpleasant and unnecessary.

It is, very obviously, neither of those things.
snow report
Nudity is obviously natural and healthy. Plus it means I get the opportunity to ogle loads of womens norks. Madeye-Smiley

(but fair's fair, they can ogle mine).
latest report
Axsman, Laughing
snow conditions
Well OK I personally find it unpleasant and unnecessary. Surely no one can think the human body unclothed is a beautiful sight to behold? Laughing

Someone up there was having a laugh when he/she designed people.
ski holidays
Axsman, would it make any difference if the women didn't have decent norks?
snow report
Megamum, All norks are great. some are fantastic, but there no such thing as a bad pair. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
I'm assuming 'norks' are 'tits'? Where on earth does a word like that come from?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy