Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Freeride World Tour finals at Verbier on Saturday

Poster: A snowHead
Has Seth Morrison competed in this event before? I'd have thought doing silly stuff off big cliffs would be right up his street...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
brian, is there space for me in the armchair next to you Very Happy

I still think Defago made a hash of it. Hopefully Mancuso will give the Downhillers some street cred tomorrow!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
clarky999, No he doesn't like being judged, i think earlier in his career when he competed he was robbed in a comp and never competed again. Much as he is a great skier I think the fact these guys are putting it on the line under pressure puts them a class apart for me.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, ACL?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bobinch, do you think if you pretend you are in the mens comp you'll get to shag her?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just proof that downhillers can actually rip when the conditions are better, here's a vid of Daron Rahlves in AK, burning past Henrik Windstedt :
http://youtube.com/v/8sM2wUcobxw&feature=player_embedded
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gsyfreerider, he is not allowed to shag her, he can do the ground work but swirly gets to score the try.

I begs kicking conversion Razz
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Form an orderly queue in the "In your dreams" line NehNeh
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sideshow_Bob wrote:
Form an orderly queue in the "In your dreams" line NehNeh

behind me
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sideshow_Bob, do you think that clip also proves that fat skis are better than skinny skis? Wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RPF, apparently she has had previous form in verbier (allegedly) so the odds have now dropped to 1,000,000 to 1 for one of you to seal the deal. In the unlikely event it does happen please post a 'trip report'. Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh and if anyone happens to get anywhere near Candide i would love a signed photo for my son and it will be worth it just to see his face when he writes 'to Tanner from Candide', he'll think your taking the p@ss.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
you can watch it live on the FWT website - watching now, works pretty well

seems to be a break in the action while they retrieve a competitor's (won't name names and spoil it for people) kit which is strewn half way down the mountain. the skier is OK though, almost miraculously
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some big falls. Mancuso killed it! Action on hold as the clouds have come in. They announced a restart Jin 10 minsbut no sign of action.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
missed mancuso - looking forward to messrs de le rue and thovex if it ever restarts...
snow conditions
Arno, what a crash that was, just watched it.......lucky lucky!
latest report
Mancuso rocked, great run, future world champion if she wants to be and she definetly deserves a hot tub with me!
ski holidays
Arno, Eventually found a page with the live coverage through Google but can't find it through the front door Puzzled

How do you get to it?
snow report
Absolutely Immense. Took a load of photos but not sure how well they'll come out (poor light and had no tripod), a 300 mm lens is a minimum requirement to watch this thing.
ski holidays
rich,

http://beta.nanoo.tv/beta/code/recordlist.w22

think it'll be long finished by now though
snow report
Arno, the mens hasn't finished, not sure how many didn't get to go before the weather closed in but Xavier was next and Candide hadn't gone either.

Julia Mancuso killed it IMO. I don't understand how she only finished 3rd.
ski holidays
Arno, horses for courses.... still think Cuche skied it better on race skis than the freeriders would manage the Hanenkahm on their reverse/reverse in similarly atrocious conditions Smile

Anyone know if there are highlights online?
latest report
Sideshow_Bob, http://beta.nanoo.tv/beta/code/recordlist.w22 has the completed runs
snow conditions
Swirly, not working for me Sad Wonder if it only works in .ch?

Never mind, working now. Mancuso seemed smoother and more fluid than the two above her but didn't hit as many drops. Still impressive from someone who's done limited free skiing compared with the others.
snow report
Swirly, Mancuso was super smooth but the Norwegian skied a tougher line and bigger airs. No complaints from half Norwegian Bob wink

It was great to watch and some of the stacks were scary. The was a chorus of NoooOOOOOOooo as they cartwheeled towards the rocks. Fortunately it didn't look there were any major injuries. Couldn't find the video of the guy who left his ski up the top? Know who it was? The video of Meiers's stack is worth watching!

Here are some pics....

Le grand Bec - where the men started

Le Petit Bec for the ladies... Unfortunately they'd all gone by the time the camera arrived. Most went from under the lone person at the top. Mancuso and a couple of other went from the couloir further left

Someone said only the pros get choppered up? For the rest it's a hike up the ridge!

Kaj ripping it down a line on the right side of the face

BIG air

Super smooth landing

Brakes!

Small air!

Aurelien Ducroz leaving torrents of sluff in his wake

Massive wipeout. Not sure who this was. See where he left the ski 50m above...

The safety chopper fires up and blows a Tsunami through the watching masses at Gentianes!

I want his job

Ski rescue

It was a Zag ski...

Henrik Windstedt - this guy was superb

How much air?

Lots!

Off to launch another one

A couple of the boarders. Blimey they're fast. A lot went for the clean lines off the shoulder and into the dog leg couloir

Steep line

Brilliant event. Shame the men couldn't finish. Candide among others still to come. Pretty lucky with the weather though. Once the wine ran out we skinned up to the Col de la chaux hoping to catch the restart but just got pissed on with sleet!
ski holidays
bobinch, it was Julien Lopez who lost the ski, amazed he managed to carry on with one ski, adrenaline I guess, that was an absolutely horrific fall.

All my photos were crap, deleted the lot.
latest report
Pisser for Candide having to go through the build up again, meanwhile Henrik can go on the lash tonight and and give Mancuso a good seeing to.
ski holidays
Just been watching on naano tv, they are nutters. I skied down the Champex black yesterday and felt good about it but now it all pales into insignificance !!!!

When do you think they will finish it, weather looking at bit better for tomorrow, looks as if it has been raining to at least 2700m.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thunderer, don't know, I don't think they need long, unless the recent weather has made the face unstable, as there aren't that many left to run. Wednesday looks like being good so if they haven't done it by then I imagine that's the one.
latest report
Swirly, what do you think the piste will be like tomorrow after all the rain ??? Sitting here trying to decide whether to plan for ski Very Happy or mainterance. Sad
snow report
Swirly, I think they are running all the men again.
thunderer, I think the pistes will still be slushy they were cutting up easily even before the rain and its still very mild.
snow conditions
thunderer, I guess soft, I doubt they'll fully freeze overnight low down anyway. Depends how high it rained, supposedly the limit was 2300m, might be icy above 2000m for a bit until it heats up.
snow conditions
thunderer, bobinch has just posted some photos from today in the snow report, doesn't sound great but sounds like I expected Sad

FWT on Tuesday apparently.

RPF,
Quote:

I think they are running all the men again.

are they?
latest report
Confirmed for a 10am start. Blue skies and Pow so they say....
snow report
Check out the three in a row near the end of the start list for sheer legendary status, XDL, Candide and Steve Klassen, should be immense.
ski holidays
Candide takes the FWT!! (and 3rd equal today)
latest report
bug. In meetings all morning so missed it all....

Arno, did they all rerun? Kaj, Ducroz and Windstedt would have been a fair reflection from Saturday.

Why didn't they have "Freeride skier" on the careers list at school Happy
ski holidays
They all reran. I think it was fair enough as the snow seemed better than it was on Saturday and all the riders were able to let rip. Better light today too.
ski holidays
Three years ago I was sitting int he cfe watching soe speed skiers on the Mont Fort run and was very impressed turned around and watched a group of three make their way up to the top of Bec de Roses and take a most impressive line down with a couple of wee cliff jumps, made my holiday just watching it.
latest report
That XDL run was just off the scale ridiculous, awesome to watch. I'm so happy for Candide I've always believed he was the greatest skier on the planet and this is the icing on the cake.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy