Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help required for the British Kids

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, There's a Quiksilver competition going on that finishes today, Its called under the radar. There 3 British kids in it that need your help, its a competition that has been held in a few locations around Europe, a selected few kids both skiers and boarders were invited to these various locations to make a short film, which is then voted for by the public.
The 3 kids Rowan Coultas, Tomski Robinson (boarders) and Mason Ferebee (skier) are the Brits, Rowan is currently in 3rd place and is only a couple of hundred votes behind, with your help we could possibly get him in the lead, the other 2 needs loads more help.
It would be great to see a British kid win this, the winner gets to go to the X-games in Europe and ride with the pros, unfortunately there is only 1 prize, be it skier or boarder.
You don't even have to watch the videos to vote, so please, please lets make this happen. http://quiksilverlive.com/radar10/rider.php?CC=en&r=46

www.jaketerry.co.uk
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Steve Terry, there have been two threads about this I think - and the consensus seemed to be that people should vote for the best.

Not sure that "You don't even have to watch the videos to vote" is really a great idea. Sad

It would be nice to see the kids winning things based on merit rather than lobbying.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry I did look but couldn't see any other posts, unfortunalty without lobbying they wouldn't get any votes, I'm sure that the other kids haven't adopted this method, just sitting back and praying will not be good enough. I should have said you dont need to watch it to vote if youve already seen it, as you can vote every day. The rules say that the kid with the most votes wins. So again please vote.
I'm doing a bit to help them as is pretty close call at the moment.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Steve Terry,

William Carling is also British, so please vote for him as well.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stoatsbrother wrote:
It would be nice to see the kids winning things based on merit rather than lobbying.

True ... but quicksilver haven't publicised it at all and the other kids in the lead have done exactly the same thing, i.e. use forums, major websites etc to get attention. Just query their urls, you'll see for yourself. The difference being they have a much bigger snow loving audience who are prepared to just vote to win them this amazing opportunity opposed to debate the rights and wrongs of how the support is gained.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
nc, No problem with that.

But we have now had 3 infrequent posters come and start threads asking us to vote for the little darlings. And Mr Terry - whatever he says now - posted that all we needed to do was vote - not watch them.

I would be a good deal more impressed if the posters had said - " here is the link to the competition [rather than the link to video of their favoured candidate...] - vote for whoever you think is best"

As a parent this just seems a bit pushy to me. Personal opinion.

Anyway - may the best skier win. I have voted for Stian Svendsen. Probably will do again tomorrow Wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stoatsbrother, can I do that without watching the video? Better still, could you do it for me?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
achilles, Toofy Grin Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stewart woodward wrote:
Steve Terry,

William Carling is also British, so please vote for him as well.

Sorry I didnt know.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for those who did vote for the British kids, I sure your votes were appreciated, this forum is so freindy to those that dont have an opinion about everything, but I do have a life and spend all my time pushing my kid, because if I dont we sure as hell wont get a lot of support here.
Stoatsbrother I dont know why you have a dislike towards me and dont really care, but I get the message and promise not to post anymore.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Steve Terry,
Quote:
but I do have a life and spend all my time pushing my kid

http://youtube.com/v/U68s4JI22Zk&feature=related
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Steve Terry, Don't know you or dislike you. It is really good you push your kid to do his best. It ain't so great when promotion and publicity become more important in getting what you want than ability - and perhaps the message which the kids get. And we are allowed to comment on that. If you want to make that all about you, feel free. rolling eyes

look at the other 2 threads and you will see I am not alone in this view.

I seem to have voted for Stian again. snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Personally I'm also a bit fed up with the pushy posts, there's a facebook group which I initially happily joined, supporting one of these kids. However I left after being bombarded day after day with messages asking me to vote, and vote again (yes they were encouraging double, triple or more votes and in my book that's a 'bit' naughty!). I got fed up and left the group and frankly having had this experience will be loathe to have anything to do with a similar campaign again - I'd call that counter productive I'm afraid!

Bottom line IMHO is those supporting these talented children should back off and lighten up a bit or they'll end up alienating more and more of their potential supporters!

However, I don't think on the other hand it's great to see other Snowheads getting all riled up and personal in their comments about the kids and their parents so perhaps a bit of backing off and lighting up all round might be an idea!

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sun 7-03-10 13:00; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
At Hemel freestyle night (Friday) I was the running into the kicker and as I hit it I saw a punter on the laying on the landing (idiot)

Perhaps the idiot is the person who set off without checking the piste.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mmmm spiteful, lets pick on an 11 year old.
ski holidays
Steve Terry, spiteful of an 11 year-old to pick on someone ahead of him on the piste, don't you think? The simple fact is all slope users are responsible for checking that they're route is clear, especially in the park.

Woul d it have been less spiteful if I were also 11? What if I were 16?

Besides, where on the page from which I quoted does it mention the boarder's age?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 7-03-10 11:43; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Steve Terry wrote:
Mmmm spiteful, lets pick on an 11 year old.

No one is picking a on kid.

You're being too enthusiastic about all this, to the point where you are pissing people off. You're also coming across as a user of this community rather than a member and supporter of it.

You come across as a bit of a tw@t actually.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 7-03-10 11:43; edited 1 time in total
snow report
hyweljenkins wrote:
Steve Terry, spiteful of an 11 year-old to pick on someone ahead of him on the piste, don't you think? The simple fact is all slope users are responsible for checking that they're route is clear, especially in the park.

Woul d it have been less spiteful if I were also 11? What if I were 16?

Exactly.

Clearly a certain little cherub can do no wrong in his own, and his daddy's, eyes.
snow conditions
Gold.....................
snow conditions
I don't want to get drawn in to the debate about voting or not, but I do know the 11 year old in question and he's a nice kid who snowboards extremely well and I've never seen him being anything other than perfectly safe and respectful of other slope users at Hemel.
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
I don't want to get drawn in to the debate about voting or not, but I do know the 11 year old in question and he's a nice kid who snowboards extremely well and I've never seen him being anything other than perfectly safe and respectful of other slope users at Hemel.

Inside every 11-year-old is an arrogant teenager waiting to emerge. Note his use of the words 'punter' and 'idiot'. So daddy put him on skis at 4, spent loads of money on him and now he's good-ish at a minority sport. So fecking what? That puts him above other slope users and entitles him to call people punters, does it?
ski holidays
PJSki, I suspect he's got a better attitude to other people than you have rolling eyes
latest report
Steve Terry wrote:
I'm sure that the other kids haven't adopted this method, just sitting back and praying will not be good enough. I should have said you dont need to watch it to vote if youve already seen it, as you can vote every day.

Makes the whole thing a bit pointless then doesn't it?
Isn't sport meant to be about the best competitor/team on the day winning rather than seeing who has most on line mates who can click a button over and over?
Only way I can see something like this being of use would be if they found a way of making it one vote per person and you only got to vote after watching all the videos.
ski holidays
Although if it's about more than just sport then Quicksilver are being rather clever - good way to work out how much influence/coverage a potential sponsoree might have/generate...
snow report
clarky999 wrote:
Although if it's about more than just sport then Quicksilver are being rather clever - good way to work out how much influence/coverage a potential sponsoree might have/generate...

Definatly.
latest report
Just heard that Rowan has secured a place at the X Games in Tignes, I'm very happy for him and wish him well, out there. Many many thanks for all of those who did vote for the UK kids I'm sure they will appreciate your time and those who decided to vote in other directions for what ever reason NehNeh
I'm sorry I don't know if any other the of the UK kids made it yet.
snow report
Well done on getting the place Rowan!

Steve Terry wrote:
and those who decided to vote in other directions for what ever reason NehNeh

So all opinions welcome as long they match your own then?
snow conditions
What on earth is going on...... Why cant some people be happy that the UK have kids that want to achieve and enjoy the sport, we should be backing the UK riders regardless....

Think its sad that this person has gone out of their way to make a point of voting for a foreign kid over Rowan, well he had the last laugh afterall..

Well Done Rowan .... go enjoy yourself son !!!!!! GREAT NEWS for the all BRITISH RIDERS skier or boarders
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As a postcript to this, and further to my post above mentioning a Facebook group where people were asked to vote multiple times, I have been contacted out of the blue by the parent (by the looks of it joined Snowheads specially to PM me) of one of the other children wanting details, presumably so they can take the matter further.

Firstly, I'm very unhappy to have this happen but can't remember which it was anyway because I left the group straight away (it wasn't Rowan though).

Secondly, this confirms my view that I will have nothing to do with any similar groups or campaigns in future.

Thirdly, this is IMHO all way over the top and has obviously wound various people up on here one way or the other and as a result of all the above I will be drawing the attention of the site Admin to this matter.

Corollary is IMHO it's fine to encourage and support your own kids but taking it as far as some people in this competition have done is way too far and has obviously upset others.
snow report
NorthernSnowboarder, welcome to snowHeads. I voted for Stian because - in my opinion - his video is the best. For someone not related to or friends with the British kids to vote for someone just because they are British is narrow, parochial and stupid.

I am very happy that Rowan is going. I am less happy that people like you think it is ok to lobby and cajole and push in the way we have seen. Sad and rather pathetic.
snow report
NorthernSnowboarder wrote:
What on earth is going on...... Why cant some people be happy that the UK have kids that want to achieve and enjoy the sport, we should be backing the UK riders regardless....

Back, yes, but not cheat for, or claim they are better just because they are Brits. That is a most un-British way of doing things - or at least it used to be.

The way this campaign for votes has been conducted seems shameful to me.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 8-03-10 23:09; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
roga wrote:
As a postcript to this, and further to my post above mentioning a Facebook group where people were asked to vote multiple times, I have been contacted out of the blue by the parent (by the looks of it joined Snowheads specially to PM me) of one of the other children wanting details, presumably so they can take the matter further.

Competitive parenting's gone to far....

I wonder if Steve is any relation to John?
snow conditions
bertie bassett wrote:
roga wrote:

Competitive parenting's gone to far....

I wonder if Steve is any relation to John?

Are they kids or mere avatars created and then pushed to fulfilled their parents' dreams?
ski holidays
don't want to be an avatar ... they come second
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy