Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Would you like to support Chemmy Alcott and the British Team?

Poster: A snowHead
Sent Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bar tips for the night go towards Chemmy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Am I being a bit blonde here? I clicked the link and tried to send £20 Nationwide to Nationwide. It says it's registered my intention to dontate and is awaiting confirmation, can't confirm anywhere on screen so took bank details and tried to set up payment direct from my account. It won't let me do it as I don't know the account type. Am I missing something? Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
nicmk65, we can't 'draw' a bank transfer from your account or else I would be very very wealthy and all other snowHeads would have nothing much at all any more. You need to send it from your end.
When you click our button, you are promising to make the transfer from your account - that way, we know who we should be getting payments from and for how much and can check them off as they come in. Otherwise, I would just be getting random sums in my account for no apparent reason Cool
It is more fuss than paypal (for both of us) but there are no charges which is why I provide the option.

So... you can't promise to pay and then confirm it yourself.
I will confirm the payment when it's been received.

The account type is a flexaccount - it's just the normal Nationwide current account but Nationwide (are the only people that) need to be told that rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
admin,
Quote:

we can't 'draw' a bank transfer from your account or else I would be very very wealthy and all other snowHeads would have nothing much at all any more.
Laughing There's a balloon saying 'I wish' hovering over that post!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah worked the first bit out, so wanted to transfer but wasn't accepting flexaccount. Sussed it now, just needed to put the sort code in front of the account. Unfortunately, I'm not in the UK and it wants my security calculator thing that's lying at home so I can't make the transfer till Friday earliest. Sorry, but it is on it's way.

Also, how/who can I get in touch with to find out what exactly Chemmy needs ie. just cash and/or accomodation in Garmisch Partenkirchen for the finals? My brother's lived and worked there for the last 8 years and whilst he can't promise anything, he can ask around if he knows what he's asking for.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Paid
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Paid up!

I don't know the rules but is there anyway to get our donations treated as Gift Aid? That way Gordon Brown will have to add a bit to the total which would be no bad thing!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
£20 paypal here too.

Well done snowheads
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
£20 from a noob - got the email, thought I'd support a good cause, and would rather see money going straight to an athlete than to the administrative overhead of a governing body.

How about auctioning a day's skiing with Chemmy (obviously with her agreement!), or a days' training with her & coach etc.? I suspect that would cover the costs of a van for the season.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Graham, I'm all paid up also (via NWide).

Thanks for the rant in your regular email....that made my morning

And once again, huge thanks to rob@rar for his efforts. Keep going at this rate mate and it'll not be a Knighthood, but you will be made a Saint......St Rob has gotta a certain ring to it! Very Happy Shocked
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
aardvarkdave, Excellent idea, also auctioning 1hr coaching/skiing sessions at one of the snow domes, I know both my daughters would just love that chance Smile as for me well i would be far to distracted to be able to stay on my skis Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Done
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'd like to offer some product sponsorship to the team.
It's a massage product I have distributed for a number of years & was seen in use by a number of skiers in the warm up hut in the olympics.
It won't replace a physio but its better than no physio & will support work done by a physio.

If someone would like to contact me about how to get this to Chemmy and the team.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PJSki wrote:
I'm against giving money to what is effectively a business. No problem with an interest free loan though. We are talking about someone who is likely to take over from Sue Barker at the BBC and earn millions, after all.

So I'm in, but not to the point of giving money unconditionally.

maybe so, and I am sure she will do a good job later on TV. but in the meantime we can at least provide her with the opportunity to compete against others without having to worry about funding and support. nothing worse after all than turning up the underdog because of lack of support and not ability!
snow report
hello, I'm being a bit thick and can't see the alternative payment options to Paypal. I'm all in euros so if I transfer anything to the UK it'll all get swallowed up be charges - can I have an address to send shiny new euro notes to? Not worth changing them to sterling, I'm sure she'll need euros on her travels.
ski holidays
£20 sent from me. I thoroughly enjoy watching the winter olympics, particularly the downhill and the skier cross so it seems like a fair price for continued entertainment!

Best of luck to Chemmy for the remainder of the season.

Oh, and i've posted a link to this thread on another site i frequent where there are quite a few keen skiers.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 3-03-10 10:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
runner wrote:
I'd like to offer some product sponsorship to the team.
It's a massage product I have distributed for a number of years & was seen in use by a number of skiers in the warm up hut in the olympics.

I would like to offer my services absolutely free to apply this product at the next world cup event.
snow report
davidof, Laughing Laughing
snow report
davidof, Laughing
snow conditions
£20 sent by me via paypal.

I'm actually really happy to be doing this, will be watching the rest of the season with a nice feeling that we helped make it happen.

D
snow report
Deliaskis wrote:

I'm actually really happy to be doing this, will be watching the rest of the season with a nice feeling that we helped make it happen.

Wouldn't it be great, if, highly motivated by the huge public response, Chemmy goes on to win!

They could make a film about it called: Snowheads. That Notting Hill chappie could write the screen play.
latest report
davidof wrote:
They could make a film about it called: Snowheads. That Notting Hill chappie could write the screen play.

Laughing
snow conditions
davidof,
Quote:

I would like to offer my services absolutely free to apply this product at the next world cup event.

Hmm maybe Chemmy could auction off that, would probably make even more money that a days coaching Laughing Laughing Laughing

If not I fear there may be a fight amongst the snowheads to compete for the right to apply wink
latest report
No thermometer... but I just had a quick check and we have already had £2,600 donated or on its way Very Happy
snow report
We appear to have just passed the £1500 mark.
snow report
TallTone, you're really including the £1000 donation from someone down a crevasse?

I don't think that one was entirely serious rolling eyes
snow conditions
admin, I didn't look at the individual amounts Embarassed

Still, good news for Chemmy and the team! Cool
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
buttons129 wrote:
PJSki wrote:
I'm against giving money to what is effectively a business. No problem with an interest free loan though. We are talking about someone who is likely to take over from Sue Barker at the BBC and earn millions, after all.

So I'm in, but not to the point of giving money unconditionally.

maybe so, and I am sure she will do a good job later on TV. but in the meantime we can at least provide her with the opportunity to compete against others without having to worry about funding and support. nothing worse after all than turning up the underdog because of lack of support and not ability!

Hmm. This has intrigued me. Gutsy, attractive and likeable young woman from well-heeled family gets in more skiing than most of will ever have - and does remarkably well competitively. Needs even more cash to keep going. many snowheads want to give her the dosh. Just a little puzzled why this is the cause of the season. I have no problem with it, of course - it's up to them who they give the money to.
latest report
achilles,

Quote:

Gutsy, attractive and likeable young woman

Any other reason required Very Happy (Other than some pride in what she has achieved and some disgust at the way the 'company' was run into bankrucy)

As an old man its nice to be able to give some cash to an attractive young lady I dont know without the police getting involved Toofy Grin
latest report
achilles wrote:
Just a little puzzled why this is the cause of the season.

I think you explained it yourself
achilles wrote:
Gutsy, attractive and likeable young woman ... Needs even more cash to keep going

A number of users of the forum want to see her keep on going until the end of the season, recognising that there's a right horlicks at the sport's UK governing body at the moment. The result is that
achilles wrote:
many snowheads want to give her the dosh.

A small amount of money from a relatively large number of individuals should add up to enough to keep Chemmy and other members of the GB team competing at the main events through until the end of the season. To me it seems like an fairly obvious thing to happen. My only puzzlement is why it hasn't happened already (entirely voluntarily, of course), perhaps to support one of the up and coming racers who have great difficulty in attracting personal sponsorship.
snow conditions
£20 paid by me.
ski holidays
My £20 is on its way.
snow conditions
Another link posted to all my Facebook mates and skiing friends
ski holidays
20 sent.
snow report
My £20 contribution sent
snow conditions
I'm currently looking for a job this summer - how do you get involved in sorting out this royal cock up of funding for athletes?

I run my own successful ski business in the winter so pretty switched on with getting money flowing, just want something to keep me occupied from April until October. There are so many sources of income that could be tapped it's unreal!
snow report
OK I'm in for £20. worth it just to watch her ski. Little Angel
snow report
I really want in on this but i'm in the process of buying a house (first time buyer) and have never been so broke in my whole life Sad

I'm signed up for the manchester 10km on May 16th so i will take £20.00 of sponsorship and donate nearer the time, by which point this'll be 20 pages in with Goldsmith telling us all why we shouldnt be putting our money in.... wink
latest report
That's me in. Don't normally bother with charidee, but might change my mind if all the starving orphans had a big smile, a sense of humour and were half decent at skiing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy