Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Why have helmets made people so arrogant?

Poster: A snowHead
I amazed how helmet discussions nearly always seem to rapidly descend into name-calling and trading insults - retard, imbecile, etc.

Wearing a helmet or otherwise won't protect you from that....... rolling eyes Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whitters, try putting it on back to front and fastened really tight Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whitters, or those retarded smilies you've just used...

okbye
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whitters, that's just that snowpatrol kiddy. He stays up past his bedtime posting on the interweb and it makes him bad-tempered.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lizzard, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowpatrol, and check the 23rd word... which qualifies the 32nd word!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DB Way to go! Surely there has never been a snowHead thread debating the merits of using an oil funnel as a ski helmet?

Go on - prove me wrong Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lizzard, you're just sore at me 'cause i won't return your PM's...FFS...I TOLD YOU BEFORE...I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND ALREADY...

okbye
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowpatrol,

Just because you two run together doesn't mean she is your girlfriend ....
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08_03/babaR2508_468x288.jpg
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
DB, you are good! Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tiger2 wrote:
DB Way to go! Surely there has never been a snowHead thread debating the merits of using an oil funnel as a ski helmet?

Go on - prove me wrong Toofy Grin

You got me there but we have discussed soft shell jackets ....

http://hollywoodcostumesandparty.com/images/Tin%20Man.jpg
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DB, i prefer the muslim ones.....they blow themselves up

okbye
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I and lots of people I know click poles when overtaking on a path. I've never known someone doing it to get people to get out of the way, though. It is just so others know you are there and don't suddenly change direction or get spooked by you passing. Naturally I prepare myself for others doing something silly, in this circumstance or or any other - you have to have a plan B. Sometimes this might involve skiing off the edge of the track, though I've only had to do that once.

Personally I haven't noticed lid wearers to be more arrogant -- but I suppose, logically, they should be less open minded. (Oh god, that was such a bad joke - sorry)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Having knocked myself spark out and losing my memory for 4 hours *with* a helmet on, my personal opinion is you've got to be fairly tapped not to wear one. Don't ask me how it happened as I can't remember the fall, just waking up not even knowing my name. My guess is it would have been much more serious if I'd worn a beanie instead. Oh and I always check up the slope before setting off in answer to the OP, always have done and instilled it in my wife and kids too.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 25-02-10 15:12; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
TotallyBoard, good effort. Smile
snow report
Powderhound wrote:
a breach of the FIS code.

I couldnt help but think of "the pirate code" in Pirates of the Caribbean. Yarrrr the code be more like guidelines than actual rules....
ski holidays
Axsman, if I could add to your list......imbeciles who ski crouched down on the tails of their skis, they have no control of speed or direction in that postion. If people want to behave in a way that could result in serious damage to themselves then that's their business but unfortuantely, as with cars, they often take the innocent with them.

Back to the OP, IMO an arrogant person is an arrogant person, helmet or no helmet.
latest report
I wear a helmet but I'm not arrogant, I'm just better than you (probably top 0.99347827 %) Wink
snow report
skimum, Good point I'd forgotten them!

In summary it's what's inside the skull that affects behaviour, not what's outside! snowHead Laughing
snow conditions
skimum, is there any need to be so fucI<ing dramatic....my niece does that...it is a nice skill to have...she is young (11) and flexible, and you are old and jealous of the young and flexible....i think you should get off YHH and maybe try and remember what it was like to be young...

okbye

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 25-02-10 16:03; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
snowpatrol, Maybe your niece might live to be old if she learns to ski under control. wink
snow report
Axsman, i'm surprised at you my friend...making a statement like that without knowing her skill level and the circumstances under which she practices it? next time we're skiing and i hear a bloke from leicester mouthing off, i shall tell her to aim for his knees and take him out...hopefully it will be you wink

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 25-02-10 16:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
tbh any one I see doing that I think "good thighs" if they can get down like that, then getting up is the easy part.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 25-02-10 16:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Quote:

it is a nice skill to have

What skill? Anyone can do that, doesn't even take practice. Puzzled
ski holidays
Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

it is a nice skill to have

What skill? Anyone can do that, doesn't even take practice. Puzzled

No your wrong, it is hard to do on old legs. Smile
snow report
[b]Lizzard[/b Laughing... WTF?.... i heard you wear slip- ons (whatever they are) 'cause you can't bend down to tie your shoelaces you clapped out old bat...

okbye
ski holidays
how I miss the humour of Bernard Manning, RIP
snow conditions
snowpatrol wrote:
Axsman, i'm surprised at you my friend...making a statement like that without knowing her skill level and the circumstances under which she practices it? next time we're skiing and i hear a bloke from leicester mouthing off, i shall tell her to aim for his knees and take him out...hopefully it will be you wink

What surprised at me suggesting that it would be better for her to ski under control? You shouldn't be.

And as for suggesting that she 'takes someone out', that's just the sort of advice a youngster needs from an uncle - NOT. I'm sure her parent would be impressed that you suggested it.

Grow up.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowpatrol, I note that the only subject on which you have been able to talk sense recently has been that of autoerotic asphyxiation. This tells us everything we need to know about you.
ski holidays
Powderhound wrote:
the correlation between the wearing of helmets with the associated loss of sensory input and then becoming a nuisance, or danger on the slopes. Like Sideshow Bob and his part-time (sideshow?) fiancée.

And do you know what, most of this chat reinforces why I, and most of my ski friends spend 99% of our time avoiding pistes and ill-mannered, ill-informed punters to search for fresh tracks or new lines...

You are now calling me a nuisance or danger on the slopes? WT holy F? Who on earth do you think you are? You know nothing about me, my abilities, skiing style or how safe a skier I am and are basing this allegation on the fact I get annoyed when idiots like you try to intimidate my fiancee out of the way by clicking their poles loudly in her direction on green runs well within her capability to ski well within control and where she has just as much right to be as anyone else on the slopes. rolling eyes
snow report
Lizzard, Laughing ...all right.......i give in..........when suits you to go out?

okbye
snow report
Lizzard wrote:
autoerotic asphyxiation.

snowpatrol wrote:
Lizzard, Laughing ...all right.......i give in..........when suits you to go out?

okbye

That's the great thing about Snowheads, it's not just the common skiing interests that brings people together.
snow conditions
Sideshow_Bob wrote:
Powderhound wrote:
the correlation between the wearing of helmets with the associated loss of sensory input and then becoming a nuisance, or danger on the slopes. Like Sideshow Bob and his part-time (sideshow?) fiancée.

And do you know what, most of this chat reinforces why I, and most of my ski friends spend 99% of our time avoiding pistes and ill-mannered, ill-informed punters to search for fresh tracks or new lines...

You are now calling me a nuisance or danger on the slopes? WT holy F? Who on earth do you think you are? You know nothing about me, my abilities, skiing style or how safe a skier I am and are basing this allegation on the fact I get annoyed when idiots like you try to intimidate my fiancee out of the way by clicking their poles loudly in her direction on green runs well within her capability to ski well within control and where she has just as much right to be as anyone else on the slopes. rolling eyes

+1 Smile

I did find this post by Powderhound to be the most Arrogant thing I have seen on here for a while - he must be wearing an Helmet. Smile
ski holidays
Axsman, jesus ...what has happened to you? ....i thought you had a SOH.......

okbye
ski holidays
snowpatrol, SOH just fine thanks, just appreciate wit vs stupidity rolling eyes

P.S. you sir, BIT BIGTIME - Gotcha! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Axsman, yeah i thought it was strange....1-0 to you big fella

okbye
latest report
Peace Man! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Sideshow_Bob, given your rant, we all now know everything about your abilities or lack thereof. Being unable to see when someone is looking for a way to help avoid intimidating those who are still mastering their sport shows your personality perfectly... Best your fiancee finds someone with more patience than you are demonstrating and a little less hubris - talking about rights as if you own the green slopes. Review the point I am raising, which is nothing to do with rights or ability because I couldn't care less, and see if you can get with the programme. You were the one implying that if you and your other half want to use the entire width of a slope with impunity then you have that god-given right - are you that daft? Or arrogant come to that... Perhaps this selfishness is the real reason for the level of muppetry we see day in day out and not whatever headgear you choose to sport - 'I have but one holiday a year to ski and goddam it, I will, and anyone else can go to hell'. Nice.

Dwarf Vader, nice band-wagon you've jumped on. And nice company you keep...

I have edited some unpleasantness from this post. Out of character and I apologise. There are others that suit that style better than I do.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 25-02-10 18:24; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Powderhound, go and read the FIS skier code and get an ounce of clue about who has priority and responsibilities for overtaking skiers, especially when it's on nursery slopes. The rest of your post sounds like a completely lame attempt to troll. Wishing I asphyxiate? What a pathetic small man you are. Utterly contemptible.
ski holidays
Powderhound, You might find Sideshow_Bob is more than a half reasonable skier. I too read your initial post as a troll. People who are tits/lack awareness on the slopes are so regardless of whether they are wearing a helmet or not and hearing impairment and peripheral vision are BS, you think skicrossers don't need good peripheral vision?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy