Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

where would you ski next week if you could?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Newbie50 wrote:
davidof, I think you are agreeing with me (?)

I probably am. I checked the local paper and the snow depths at LDA and ADH are just slightly below the other resorts I quoted, but you have to remember that both resorts top out at over 3000 meters whereas the other resorts are closer to 2000. Although I love the sunny aspect of alpe d'Huez. I will ask my parents in law who are up there most days at the moment what it is like.

There is a strong wind from the North at the moment, yesterday what had been perfect powder on my local mountain had all been blown away (except on a steep and sheltered north slope) and what was left was monster sastrugi about a foot high!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof wrote:

what was left was monster sastrugi about a foot high!

Another stupid question from a newcomer.

But aren't sastrugi fun? I'd have assumed it made skiing a 'powder' experience with deeper bits ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
marc gledhill wrote:
Ski Bunny, are you there for a week? I'm out there from 17th to the 20th and Ise may be around then too.

Yup. Going on 12th coming home on 19th
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski Bunny, Good stuff! If Jayne gets there too we could well be organising a decent sized snowHeads meeting snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for all the help.... Not sure how far we will get towards ANYWHERE - now I find that P & O have suspended ferries for 24 hours coz of French industrial action
David - I tried to email you but it bounced back - we have now booked this weekend - but your contact details would be useful for the future.... We are possibly going somewhere late april - how late does your chalet stay open?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't know about Europe, but Snowbird/Alta in Utah would probably be a good pick, as would Vail. Mammoth has had a ridiculous amount of snow this year (14-16 foot base!!!), but it's pretty warm there at the moment, so probably a little slushy.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd grab a flight to Zurich, kip on a mate's floor, hire a car for 4 days and try Engelberg, Andermatt and some more local places...a bit like I'm doing in 2 weeks and 1 day...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jayne durham, late April ? Are you kidding ? End of Season bash in BsM, the only place to be. Drive out and bring me a case of beer and Daily Telegraph Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Where to go next week?
Austria just got hit again with snow (many hill getting 50cm+), the weather is getting a touch milder and the sun is out. Tauplitz has a snow base of 5.5m Little Angel snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mauritius
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Straight back to StAnton, where I spent the last 2 weeks - Excellent!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I skiied Alpr d'huez earlier in the week and conditions were perfect with plenty of snow on all the runs.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ise - we cant get out that week - would love to come... work does soooo interfere with the skiing doesnt it!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy