Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski selection advice from seasoned skiers please.

Poster: A snowHead
stoatsbrother, internet lawyers annoy me? No, not particularly, one surely expects to see, on the internet, people rabbiting on about things they know little about. (And alex heney, who isn't even qualified, knows shedloads more than I ever did across the legal spectrum, it's positively shaming.)

Axsman, nope, I'm outa here, people can make up their own minds on who is stirring or not, who is arrogant or not, who is a bully or not. Happy skiing.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spyderman, Well, 'aspects of' anyway, but then, doesn't every thread do that? Little Angel
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hurtle, I don't believe anyone has behaved like a bully on this thread. Very little abuse, barely any bad language, just a few politely phrased questions and similarly polite answers.

Can't we get heated about helmets or something? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hurtle,
Quote:

(And alex heney, who isn't even qualified, knows shedloads more than I ever did across the legal spectrum, it's positively shaming.)

Good point, Alex is so knowlegdable about the law I thought he must be a policeman for sometime........
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spyderman, wish it had never been restarted - but message received, mate - obviously you would like a bland site, full of bland people, avoiding treading on each others toes, perhaps with even more emphasis on kittens?

I'm off too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, Looks like it's just me an you in here then. So anyway, I've always thought Helmets were a waste of money, whadya reckon?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Axsman, I'm not so sure, I suffer from cold ears and must say that over Christmas I wore a helmet solely to keep my ears warm, does that mean I'm a bad man Cool
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stoatsbrother, Quite the opposite, people should say exactly what they mean. It annoys me when people are too gutless to come out with what they mean and hide behind comments made with the "Wink" smiley after it.

Say what you like, if I don't like it I'll tell you.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boredsurfing, Yes, but at least you are a bad man with warm ears.

Did you find over Christmas that wearing the helmet restricted your peripheral vision, and made it more difficult to eat your turkey?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spyderman wrote:
stoatsbrother, It annoys me when people are too gutless to come out with what they mean and hide behind comments made with the "Wink" smiley after it.

Wow! if the wink smiley annoys you, you must be really seething after reading this thread, I count at least seven just in that last page or so! Laughing

pam w wrote:
Quote:

parlor suggested that anyone skiing less than 90 days a month should not post (in that thread). That would kinda limit the number of posters.

Yep, certainly would. But there'd probably be a few who would claim to meet the criterion. wink

Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Axsman, oh the Zeniths sound posh. Are they the memory foam ones wink Toofy Grin

ccl wrote:
I wonder what proportion of these 4 pages is about suggesting skis for the OP and how much is inter-personal argument because Megamum innocently made a suggestion. But I am not going to work it out. Not now. I'm too knackered from just reading through the thread. The real problem with the Snowheads forum is the same as the problem with any other internet forum I have read - it's people. . Very Happy If there weren't any people in this forum it would operate so unbelievably smoothly and harmoniously wink ...

Mosha Marc wrote:
Lizzard wrote:
I have nothing to say about skis though, because I'm just not that boring. Laughing

Don't put yourself down, you are! wink

Axsman wrote:
Hurtle, Agreeing with CEM (and in doing so disagreeing with you) is not having a pop at anyone 'express' or 'implied' and is it not a tad arrogant for you to be dictating what has or has not 'done it's day'? You seem keen to continue the debate, but I note you aren't substantiating your 'bullying' assertion.

Are you attempting to bully me? Or do you just need to have the last word? wink

stoatsbrother wrote:
Hurtle, I will just answer your first point - because the rest are really about your personal opnion - and you answering a comment aimed at Maggi. And don't tell me the internet lawyers on here don't annoy you Wink

The first point was to provide context that megamum seemed to be providing increasingly irrelevent information in a technical area of the site - without clearly stating how early in her skiing career she is.

Axsman, and she is bullying me too... yet again... Wink

P.S. wink NehNeh Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Axsman, are you suggesting that this thread was enhanced by a bunch of winkers Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing, Laughing

Now the threads really drifting off the important topic at hand, could you eat your turkey just as easily with your helmet on or not?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spyderman, and then you will make vague insinuations about the personalities of "a number of snowHeads" followed by a rolling eyes ?

Puzzled
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stoatsbrother, It's not the content, it's the style.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well, I finished me popcorn, and this thread has run about as far as its going to. So While I get a top up of soft drink, and plump the sofa for the next intriguing Snowheads battle, I'd just like to thank all the participants for a wonderfully entertaining 5 pages.

Great stuff. It's ( one of the reasons) why I love the internet.
snow report
Hilarious thread, one for the archives.
snow conditions
oh dear - I really shouldn't have linked to this thread. Sorry Embarassed
snow conditions
cathy, right, it's all your fault. I think I'll start bullying you now.
Ready for Round 2?
Toofy Grin
snow report
Hurtle, I'm ready to start bullying anyone who asks for more than one opinion and then has the cheeky conceit to think they're qualified to interpret the responses.
latest report
comprex, Laughing Laughing
PS I would always take your advice on skis because a) you're a pro b) you obviously know a lot and c) - well this is the most important bit really - you said I could buy the skis which I liked. Toofy Grin
snow report
DaveC wrote:
Oh, and if you can demo them, Dynastar Contact 4x4s might tick the boxes. I just got them in a 178 and they're quite a lot of ski.

I think the 08/09 stock had some reliability issues - a buddy of mine last season was on this 3rd set by the end, and the store in Bourg (st M) said he wasn't the only one...
snow conditions
bertie bassett, eek, is that just those, or Dynastars generally? Shocked
snow report
Hurtle, Dynastar have a pretty good rep by & large so i'd assume it's just the skis mr allsorts is referring to.
ski holidays
frank4short, phew. Thanks. (My newish Exclusive Legends are last season's model too.)
latest report
Hurtle, My (last season) L8K's had a small delam halfway through the season*. I couldn't get them back home to the shop I bought them from, so just kept skiing for the rest of the season (delam didn't get worse). On returning the skis after the season, Dynastar replaced them no quibbles for the brand new (and more expensive) Sultan 85's - great customer service IMO. So, if you do have problems with your dynas I wouldn't worry too much, they'll look after you.

*I think there may be something with the 08/09 skis, my Big Troubles and Sultans have seen almost as much skiing as the L8Ks had, with no problems, whereas I actually had two pairs of L8K's (with the first I noticed the glue by the edge was crumbling before I'd even skied them - again, instant warranty replacement).
snow report
clarky999, thanks!
latest report
Hurtle,
Dynastar don't offer a guarantee on ladies models, because of the misuse they get.
snow report
Spyderman, Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
frank4short wrote:
Hurtle, Dynastar have a pretty good rep by & large so i'd assume it's just the skis mr allsorts is referring to.

Yep it was just the contact 4x4s..
latest report
Jumper wrote:

I totally agree with you. But I don't think it'll ever work on a public forum. I like Epicski's way, where experts are identified each time they post, so you know who has expert knowledge.

Ummm no - experts who PAY epicski are identified... There are plenty of very expert posters who are not identified. Check the background of Masters Racer for instance.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy