Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schladming

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
concur with 'frosty' great piste skiing in the sun most of the day. came down the black just before five it was a case of spotting the few patches of snow amongdt the ice sheets, made for interestig slides .
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
FtS wrote:
The top section of the black at Reiteralm was awful about 3 pm and had any remaining snow removed by us as our party descended the run at great speed, but generally without skis.

Laughing

anarchicsaltire, I can imagine! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

top section of the black at Reiteralm

was great a couple of weeks ago (29/01) hard but not icy and empty at 4pm
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anybody else think the womens downhill piste at Haus struggles to make its black grading?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So last night after our struggles to slide down the icy night slalom course in the daylight the locals put on a ski demonstration which involved them doing syncronised skiing, stunt skiing and kids slaloming on the same slope, I think it was just to wind us all up:-)
Yesterday I had a high speed wipe out, I think rob@rar's marotte must have moved to Austria, no serious injuries though this morning woke having gained muscle strains in my party 6 pack and neck. However Mounta1nGoat noticed my helmet now has a dent in it! Today, another days great sunny piste skiing, finished a bit earlier planning a long day tomorrow. (via SMS)

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 15-02-10 15:58; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
anarchicsaltire, have you greeted anyone with the famous snowHead greeting yet? You know the one - are you Frosty the Snowman? (Sorry to hear you're back to being the wipeout king.)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle, keep asking people but usually get a reply in german which I don't understand usually starts in 'please' and ends in 'off' but I can't for the life of me understand the word they use in the middle Happy
'Frosty' says he's here but who knows.

Ps typing by phone is a pain!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How come it's all so hard and icy a couple of days after a metre of fresh powder; what are you all doing to the pistes????
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, some of us havn't been skiing for as long as some of you wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, the pistes open 8.30 and at around 3 some spots are scraped. The lap half down to the Golden Jet was really bad at 4 but the off piste was lovely and so we did that.
Fantastic snow and skiing today in perfect conditions, planai today and the Planai 6 chair was empty all day. Piste 1 run was in brilliant condition today and very quiet.
Going to ski Hauser kaibling tomorrow. Cold, sunny and calm today, hero skiing, lots of happy bunnies. It is amazing how they get the piste in such good condition each morning.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, it's the sh*t austrian snow, not as good as that stuff in france.

Frosty the Snowman, The piste down to the golden jet is normally pretty emotional. My advice is to jump off the piste and enjoy the large fields of powder.

I didn't ski until 4pm today, started touring up at 3 on the opposite side of the valley to hauser / planai for just over an hour. A friend generously broke the trail as it was 20-30cm soft snow. Got some amazing views as the sunset, the ski down was educational, eg where the sun has hit the powder it's now crust, at least on the south facing slopes. Posted report with pics other in the ski amade thread http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=59083#1464311
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, of course, skinny skis, too much weight and raw fear may be another factor Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
still no more snow, but still great pistes. We had a guided tour of the four peaks, which unfortunatly turned into three peaks when a young lad in the group managed to ski into the bottom timing post at the speed trap on the Hockwurzen, 56.4kph, so it had to hurt, he was talking but distressed an looked like he'd gone a couple of rounds with mike tyson, we're hoping he's ok. On the way back Mounta1nGoat tackled the moguls that were left of the powder on golden jet presumably after waynos had been on them Happy we hear weather is meant to be good till thurs!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
anarchicsaltire, there's still powder near the golden shower, just need to push out a tad further. Was still finding good powder off the top of hauser and the valley in between haus and planai. The powder now has a good layer of surface hoar ice crystals, make a great breaking sound when you ski through it. Any snow that has much sun is now crusty. Looks like the weekend could bring some big snowfalls. Busy day today, public holiday i think.

A logged out area, spot the skier!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A great day at Hauser kaibling. Busy but great skiing. Snow holding up well.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy