Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schladming

Poster: A snowHead
In preparation for my trip next week..... I hope to text in daily Little Angel
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
test ( via SMS ) (via SMS)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ooooo, that's clever snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Timberwolf, When do you get in and where are you staying? Maybe Corin and I can meet with you for a day's skiing?

I get Thursday through to Sunday off work each week as I can do home office any time of day. Monday through to Wednesday evening I have to be in the office.

Sue wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timberwolf, Are you going to go to the night slalom?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mega jealous. Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Timberwolf, I skied in Schladming (Planai) on Thursday and Hauser Kaibling (just 10 mins further down the road) today.

The snow at both resorts was good - not the super powder snow we all enjoyed in Sölden in December, but considering that there has been very little snow in Ski Amade for a while now, it is pretty good conditions. Granted it is hard packed in many places, and in the shade of the trees can even be a bit icy, but it is still good. Schladming has extensive snow cannons and they pride themselves in having probably the best man made snow in the area. Saying this, I would say that Hauser Kaibling was as good, if not better, today possibly because fewer people skied the pistes there

Strangely enough, one of the pistes where the best snow was to be found at Schladming was the WC race piste. I thought that it would be super hard and icy (because of all of the watering) but generally speaking it was pretty good most of the way down. I think many people decided not to ski it because of it's reputation, this meant that the snow was fairly untouched. However, come the race it will be super icy if the race course at Sölden at the season opener was anything to go by - Sue will confirm how 'interesting' it was to ski down just to find a spot to watch the race from!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DAB, you betcha, this will be my third time - it is one of the most amazing experiences....

Hey, Sleipnir, thanks for the update. Glad to hear that the pistes are skiing well - I gather there's a little bit more forecast for this week ?? I was going to shoot you an email this week about meeting up....

My buddies and I get in next Saturday - with the remote possibility of a quick slide Saturday PM, but in all honestly not realistic. We're hoping to book some instruction for the Sunday, but after that, be good to hook up for a slide or a hot cider wink plus, I believe I still owe you €8 Samerberg Sue wink wink . We could even meet up to watch the race if you're coming over ??

We're staying at the Erlbacher, which I gather is just off the main town square ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Timberwolf, can't come over for the race as I'm in the office Monday through to Wednesday every week and it's 120km in the wrong direction unfortunately! As they are currently negotiating with me to extend my contract to an almost full time one, I don't have the option on asking for the day off just yet! If they agree to my proposal though it will deffo be an option in the future! Oh the joys of VPN and broadband Laughing Laughing

I am up for skiing on the Thursday or Friday though - I'm assuming you fly back on the Saturday or have you got a "pink slip" for a longer trip? Laughing As for the €8, I will take a couple or so mugs of hot chocolates (minus cream and rum! wink ) in exchange!

Sue wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
So, first day today. The pistes are pretty hard in places but there are softer patches to be found, all in all, conditions are pretty good. I skied on Hauser Kaibling today. Preparations for the nightrace continue and the race piste looks in fantastic shape. Looking forward to another good day tomorrow.... (via SMS)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Timberwolf, If you're in to powder then you may find some further west in Zauchansee, Wagrain area. More base that direction for off piste. May bump into you at the night race.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So, Hochwurzen this morning. The skies were misty this morning but the sun soon started to poke through. The snow here is a little softer than yesterday and is in better condition. I had my first experience of a 'chondola' lift this morning and it is a bizarre concept. Would be very interesting to see the uphill capacity compared to other lifts. Race night tomorrow woohoo.... (via SMS)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Timberwolf, hope you have a really great time!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's snowing ! A few cm's at resort level but hopefully more higher up. Should make for perfect 'hero' skiing today with a layer of fresh on the hard, but still grippy pistes. (via SMS)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Been snowing light to moderate most the day. Went to flachau for a gentle ski, maybe 5cm fresh. Back at schladming now, 2 hours before first race of the Night Race. Snowing hard now and the fans are gathering already at the slopeside, see photo from apartment. Be heading down soon.

snow conditions
looks fantastic. Hope the bbc red button works!
snow report
Red button isn't working yet.....
snow report
BBC waste of space so far.... why? A repeat of Tennis... aghhhh!!!!!!
ski holidays
It's online only......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_and_radio/ski_sunday/8404302.stm
ski holidays
one word to say....pissed.........no, i mean......mad (via SMS)
latest report
Watched it on Eurosport. The crowd went mental. No one does ski racing like the Austrians.
ski holidays
waynos wrote:
Been snowing light to moderate most the day. Went to flachau for a gentle ski, maybe 5cm fresh. Back at schladming now, 2 hours before first race of the Night Race. Snowing hard now and the fans are gathering already at the slopeside, see photo from apartment.

You can't expect anything else for Nightrace Smile I don't remember when was last time I wasn't swearing when standing on course in Schladming. Rain, snow, snow, some more snow.... that's standard Schladming weather... at least when it comes to the Nightrace, so yesterday was still pretty cool, compared to last few years.
ski holidays
Snowing this morning and set to continue next few days. Tuesday produced some new snow 10cm, Wednesday was sunny with fog hanging around. Caught the late gondola up to Planai and had a warm up stop in Schlafalm hutte at the top. Wonderful views of the Dachstein as the sunset. Skied down at dusk, even got some nice untracked at around 1000m, though the base was a tad thin as I clipped a few mole hills. Ski tour in the morning from Ramsau to Dachstein valley cable car station.

Night race crowd

Sunset from planai
snow conditions
Weather was a bit grim today with bad visibility but at least there has been more snow today which has improved the pistes considerably. They are now much softer. Even off to the sides of the pistes are accessible now it was just that you couldn't see today !! I used the Planai hill today and even had a couple of runs down the Nightrace piste....man that is just sheer ice, like glass, my humble edges wouldn't bite anyway... Let's hope for a bit of sunshine tomorrow so i can play in all this nice new snow.... (via SMS)
snow conditions
Shin deep pow for my last day woohoo (via SMS)
ski holidays
What can i say about the snow today other than that it doesn't get much better than that !! I was on the first gondola up out of town this morning and had to wait for the second lift to open....but was rewarded with fresh tracks in shin deep pow on the first 3 or 4 runs. At about 10 o'clock i took a little used t-bar and ventured off piste for the first time this week. Wow, found a sweet area of the most amazing snow and proceeded to help myself to 2 or 3 runs ( only 1 stack so very pleased ). Anyone here in the next few days is now in for a treat as everything is in great nick.... (via SMS)
latest report
Woke up to a surprise covering of new snow, 5-10cm in town already and snowing hard. The forecast didn't get this one right. Just checked wetter.at and is even now forecast a sunny morning! http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/ski-wetter/oesterreich/steiermark/hauser-kaibling. A powder day to be had, I think some of the better off piste areas in Planai and Haus should be filling in now, though some areas still lack any real base.
snow report
1,2,1,2,1,1,1,2,2,2,1,2,1,2!

Just testing Happy (via SMS)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
back bottom
testicles 1 2 (via SMS)
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
back bottom
testicles 1 2 (via SMS)

Beats the usual test Laughing
ski holidays
TallTone, The insructions are really simple for SMS snow reports. Perhaps you should preface the instructions with "OY, FAT TOSSERS SHOULD READ THE INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY" Embarassed
snow report
Come on Frosty the Snowman, I fall into the above category and managed perfectly well wink
ski holidays
anarchicsaltire was going to say something.......... but Frosty the Snowman is bigger than me Toofy Grin

Edit: was going to edit out the wrong name at the start rolling eyes but Timberwolf's message would have looked daft Very Happy

.... I could have just removed the comma Toofy Grin

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 11-02-10 10:12; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
anarchicsaltire, is this a private conversation or can anyone join in ? Laughing wink wink
ski holidays
Timberwolf, which one of me are you asking? Toofy Grin
snow report
Whilst revisiting this thread, thought i should post a shot of the very tricky conditions I encountered at Fageralm ( a beautiful little hill about 15 mins taxi ride from Schladming )
snow report
and the pistes were so busy there.........
latest report
Just received this e-mail from our hosts at Pension Hoffelner in Ramsau Very Happy

Quote:

Hi John,

Sorry to bother you yet again.......just wanted to let you know that if you haven't already hiring snow chains would be a very good idea, we have had approx 1 meter of new snow in the past 4 days are it's still snowing.........you will definitely need them to get about.

See you on Saturday,
Joanna.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Woo Hoo snowHead
snow conditions
snow in good condition but a little hard in places by late afternoon. The top section of the black at Reiteralm was awful about 3 pm and had any remaining snow removed by us as our party descended the run at great speed, but generally without skis.
No injuries but great tales to tell Smile.
Stuck to Reiteralm today, some great slopes and tree skiing was had by most. The 6 man chair had a 5-10 min queue but all others were fine.
Planai tomorrow.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy