Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Introducing Children to Ski Lifts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Of course the UKs gone mad. In other countries Instructors would just get on with it as they don't have CRB checks.

However here in the UK we do and yes it makes us think twice ( rightly or wrongly ) about whether we should be doing a particular pratice or not. The childs protection as to come first but then its also there to protect the adult so as not to be exposed to such an investigation. Better not to have to have an acusation made against you than to defend an acusation, which is harder.

Skiing like teaching children too swim can involve some form of touching. It doesn't have to be sexually motivated to be considered inappropriate. It also involves us being with a child for long periods and away from parents so always getting the parents permission is not always possible.

On Firts Aid courses you are told to make sure there are two of you where possible when dealing with children. What do you do if your an adult male and you have a 3 year old child who needs to go to the toilet. Years ago you would have helped them to get their salopettes off. Now I wouldn't dream of even of it.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Super Eagle, surely there is some guidance on this from BASI or some other organisation.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flangesax wrote:
david@mediacopy,
Dig a case out for me then... one with a prosecution or a resulting sacking, banning etc... etc...

ha ha. of course that's exactly where the risk is. In the case I'm aware of (and I'm being deliberately vague) there was no sacking, banning, or other punishment and all ended well because the person was found to have done nothing wrong. However, the process invoked sounded extremely unpleasant and drawn out for the individual, and it's probable that the accusation will remain on their record and be flagged in future CRB checks.

In addition there have been other cases where the accused has had to move out of their family home to a separate address. http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2009/oct/25/teachers-fight-false-allegations-assault

I agree that physical contact is normal. I also teach Snowboarding where contact is impossible to avoid in the early stages, but these cases do give food for thought. It doesn't matter these days if you are innocent or not, an accusation sticks and could prejudice your work chances in the future.

And that's why I avoid any contact at all if possible.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Super Eagle wrote:
In other countries Instructors would just get on with it as they don't have CRB checks.

I might be wrong but don't the French have something similar?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy