Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pregnant Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

I was back on the slopes the next year with a 3-month old safely ensconced in the chalet & boobs the size of watermelons

Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've noticed that MummyLouLou spends an inordinate amount of time on Mumsnet. Should I be worried?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alexandra wrote:
Nadenoodlee wrote:

Agreed but they think they rule the world. Mumsnet is a scary place as is the NCT, child rearing is a cult! wink

What you need to understand is that mumsnet is populated (in the majority) by a bunch of lunatics who gave up all their pleasures and enjoyments the moment they conceived in the name of "won't somebody think of the children?" They really need to just get out, do some sport and have some fun - it's a scary insight in to what happens to SAHM who take it all a bit seriously - and quite frankly is a jolly strong argument for skiing during pregnancy! snowHead

It's an exaggerated microcosm (if there can be there such a thing?) of our whole society. Everyone frets about 'the welfare of the children'. No 'right thinking' individual would do anything that in any way compromises their health or safety.

Taken to the extreme (and it seems to be heading there quickly) These child centric zealots will ban any activity that even slightly risks the health or well being of any child, now matter how low the risk. Examples abound, how many schools closed their playing fields (and indeed the whole school) during the recent half a dozen inches of snow rather than let one child slip up and bang their knee? Kids need body armour and protective headgear to play monopoly.

And of course, any adult who takes a child under the age of [fill in number between 1 and 40 years] skiing, or worse, takes them out of school for five minutes is behaving completely irresponsibly Shocked

Some numpty last year was worrygutting about taking their 19 year old child out of University for a week to go on a family trip! I mean, University!, the kid would no doubt have spent more time sober on the trip than with their uni mates anyway! Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

I went sking when I was 5 months pregnant.
She needs to check with her Doctor / Midwife thats its ok her for her to do so.
Then its really up to how she feels herself.
I did in the end only manage two runs on separate days.
It was very trying just walking in ski boots, as they make you lean forward and then you have the extra weight of the baby as well in front.
I also spent so much time worrying if someone crashed into me that I decided not to do any more skiing but your friend may feel different.

I also went skiing when I was 12 weeks pregnant a few years later and had no problems at all, I just stuck to quiet gentle runs.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stoatsbrother, I get peeved that people pander to Mumsnet like its some kind of intellectual power house, it's moody hormonal women locked up with toddlers. I have only seen the NCT at a distance from my cousins experience but it is strange... too frickin organic competitive "Rupert and Lois are LOVING their cantonese and yoga play sessions" weirdness.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nadenoodlee, It gets worse - political parties are now pandering to that collection of idiots. Sad

Axsman, I remember seeing that and wanting to respond with the always appropriate "get a fkn grip!"
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nadenoodlee wrote:
[... too frickin organic competitive "Rupert and Lois are LOVING their cantonese and yoga play sessions" weirdness.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Nail on Head - hit!

Alexandra, I think one or two of us felt the same way, and maybe let it show, just a tad! wink Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I skied zermatt 7 months pregnant, drank a tiny bit of spritzed wine, and ate unpasteurized cheeses. It was one of the best trips of my life.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Top bit of necrothreading - any babies mentioned in this thread will now be in senior school.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy