Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Great snow in Champagny valley side on Monday. Powder still to be found and skied..

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mouth, beautiful shot
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I see from ski plan that virtually everything is open....Happy days
http://www.skiplan.com/skiplan/infostation.php?p_lang=en&p_station=la-plagne&p_region=alpes&p_pays=france&p_stationformate=La+Plagne
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another fantastic morning in LP and can confirm that piste conditions are excellent. Once more headed for sunny Champagny slopes but runs into Bellecote and Belle Plagne all in tip top condition. Not a cloud in the sky but very cold today. No queues and quiet pistes - long may it last
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mouth wrote:
Another fantastic morning in LP and can confirm that piste conditions are excellent. Once more headed for sunny Champagny slopes but runs into Bellecote and Belle Plagne all in tip top condition. Not a cloud in the sky but very cold today. No queues and quiet pistes - long may it last

agreed LP is amazing right now.. hopefully tomorrow will be more of the same.
les couches (spelling ?) was amazing first thing this morning
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
mugen wrote:
Mouth wrote:

Les coches do you mean?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mouth wrote:
mugen wrote:
Mouth wrote:

Les coches do you mean?

erm yes, wasnt that what i just said Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mouth/Mugen. Can I use your local knowledge please!
Staying in La plagne for the first time this Sun [Though skied there a few times when based in Peisey]
A question: I see the blacks off the glacier are now not marked, Are the conditions up there Ok and how easy is it to navigate down the 'ex pistes'?
Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
retsil, It is now an unprotected off piste area and is quite large. They do not make it safe from avalanche or anything else so if you go there you should have safety off piste gear. having said that it is still the same mountain and the runs are not to hard to find as many people still do them, but you do need to take care. They will come and get you if you get hurt, but you must have off piste un guided insurance to cover you or it could cost quite a lot.

Hope that helps.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowcrazy, thanks for that. I have the gear, so will see what the conditions are like next week.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
retsil, What great runs they were, had the pleasure of doing them one sunny morning, a great, great mornings skiing. Oh how my knees hurt though from the moguls on Le Rochu, they went on and on and on, mental Skullie
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spooted the news over on RG's site but a new cam up on Grand Rochette.

http://webcam-ski.com/webcams/interfaces/grande-rochette/interface.php?pk_interface=331&m=images&r=panoramique
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A couple of runs on the Glacier have now gone for good according to Romains website
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/News.htm
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow conditions are great all over the La Plagne bowl, weather isnt quite so good. We have had light snow on and off for about 2 days, accumulations of approx 10 cm in places. Snow conditions are fantastic on piste even down to lower levels. Weather has been low cloud and limited visability all day. In some places visability down to less than 10 meters, even the usual trick of hitting the tree runs down to Les Coches didnt help much. La Tete bar still as lively as ever during happy (3 !) hour. Little Angel
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Superb conditions lovely sunshine warm (-5c) and where are those infamous crazy crowded La Plagne half term pistes?

and where are those even more infamous lift queues

off to the realy famous l'arb happy hour in Montalbert snowHead
latest report
wonder how badly the lack of visitors is impacting LP
snow report
Went on the Vanoise Express to Les arcs, (top pic) long lift queues so had a quick lunch and came back to La Plagne. Bellecote at 4pm was quite busy. (Bottom Pic)
Another lovely sunny day. It felt colder ........snow on Wednesday perhaps.

snow report
Somewhat typically for La Plagne a new webcam in HD panoramic and zoomable has appeared with no announcement rolling eyes

http://laplagne.livecam360.com/bergerie/flash/main.php
ski holidays
Tough conditions yesterday...after a leisurely start and a warm-up in the Rossets it was our chore to put first tracks down the North Face of Bellecote via the Cairn Couloir... 1200m of perfect steep powder.

Snowheads own GrahamN enduring a hard day on the hill:

Jack lower down...conditions still perfect:

Foehny today though, so not sure what that will have done to the North Face conditions... any one in there today??

Rossets and Montagne de Bellecote were in great condition but this is undoubtedly subject to change with the current weather...
snow report
Sorry to hijack the snow thread, but thought it quicker and easier to get a quick answer.
I'm off to Les Coches 27th March.
Are there any bottle necks, lifts, pistes and mountain restaurants you would avoid in La Plagne area as likely to be busy Puzzled
snow conditions
Llew, Bellecote at ski school start finish times.
Little restaurant guide here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=34049#810920
Also check out http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/index_ENG.html
latest report
Bit O/T here, sorry, but as Llew said, seems like a good place to find people who may know...

I'm planning to buy Paradiski lift passes from the Les Arcs website (due to the rather good discount Very Happy ) but will be staying in & therefore starting out from La Plagne on the first day, so will they work OK for this? I'm assuming they will, but it could prove a bit embarrassing if not... Laughing

Really looking forward to going to La Plagne again snowHead
latest report
Jo225, That is a good find. Sounds like a great idea.

Can't see anything in the conditions.
May be worth a quick email to contact@ski-lesarcs.com
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, Thanks that was really useful
latest report
Jo225, I have just emailed them asking:

I would like to purchase some Paradiski passes at the discounted sale price.
Can I start using the ski passes in Les Coches or will they only work starting in Les Arc?
snow conditions
Llew, thanks for that. Crossed fingers that the reply will be positive snowHead
ski holidays
Jo225, I've just received this response:
Quote:

If you buy an “unlimited Paradiski” ski pass, you don’t need to go first on les Arcs lift.
If you need more informations, please contact us at +33 (0)4.79.04.25.03. from monday to friday from 9 to 12 AM & from 3 to 6 PM.
We hope to see you soon on our Paradiski Area,

I therefore think I am going to give it a go.
wink
snow conditions
Jo225, when are you going Puzzled
It does suggest to leave 15 days for delivery, or suggested they can be collected from Bourg Saint Maurice ticket office.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Llew, ooh, result! Very Happy Brilliant, thanks!

We're going on 20th March, but we're sharing an apartment with a friend who lives in France, so we're going to get them sent to him (10 days for delivery - should be OK).
latest report
Llew, Jo225,

Thanks for the info - so just to clarify - I'm in Plagne Bellecote from the 4th April - but if i order Les Arcs passes - they'll post and deliver and i'll save lots of money? Sounds a little to good to be true! Puzzled

PS just to stay on topic - hows the snow? Very Happy
ski holidays
Mattmulkeen,
Have a look at the http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1480820#1480820 thread.
The link http://www.skipass-lesarcs.com/catalog/?lang=en gives 20% off Family tickets and 30% off individual Les Arc passes, therefore if your in La Plagne the only option seems to be to order Paradiski passes.
I have ordered 2 adult and 1 child Paradiski 6 day passes for cheaper than La Plagne local passes to start 28th march.

It does seem too good to be true and weird that the offer is only on Les Arc web website and not the equivalent La Plagne website http://www.skipass-laplagne.com/catalog/
However the http://www.lesarcsnet.com/lift-system/les-arcs-lift-system-and-passes.htm website links to the offer, therefore I decided to go for it.

I just hope its no scam and that the passes arrive within the suggested 15 days. wink
ski holidays
Llew,

I think i'll order tonight then!

Many thanks
latest report
I've just under 3 weeks before our trip, how is the snow holding up on the lowest parts Puzzled
snow report
At the moment the snow is in very good condition all over La Plagne but with the strong afternoon sun more snow would be nice
ski holidays
Sorry to venture off topic again,

but anyone had any dealings with AccueilTaxi.com based at Chambery. Good, bad, indifferent?

Many thanks.
snow report
Mattmulkeen, I'd start a new thread with that question as being in Chambery they cover a much area than La Plagne and La Plagne threads don't attract may views on snowheads.
ski holidays
Boredsurfing,

Good thinking - cheers!
snow conditions
I'm thinking of squeezing in a 4th trip this season and going back to La Plagne. Hopefully some more snow will show up before March 21st, I've not booked yet! Can't really afford it but s0d it, I can't bear the thought of waiting til December.
ski holidays
As I've taken the plunge and booked a cheeky week from Sunday, is there anyone who can tell me the word on the street about the weather in La Plagne next week? Conditions seem good but it looks like it could use some fresh snow.
snow conditions
Quote:

Conditions seem good but it looks like it could use some fresh snow.

I dunno Picadilly, what makes you say that? I'm off to Les Coches, on saturday, and have been browsing the webcams and it all looks OK, they only report 25cm down at 1250 but that's not too awful and the actual cover looks better than that. But I'm not really looking for off piste powder this week so maybe that's what you're hankering for? It can happen, I've had it at the end of April, but looking at the forecast I think next week will be quite warm. Still, as I've been saying on other threads, I've done -29, But I don't really mind doing Cool warm Cool (the snow will (mostly) survive)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy