Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Report for La Rosiere and La Thuile 09/10

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any news on this resort from anybody out there now or just returned? Im heading out there on Sat!
Thanks
Gav
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gav_in59, I've been watching the webcams religiously, even though I'm not going until March. Snow cover looks pretty good now, almost all runs/lifts open. This week's forecast is very cold with more snow around Thursday/Friday, so looking good for you!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gav_in59, Was there yesterday. Great snow in most places now and you can even ski down to the bottom of the lower lifts. The link over to Italy was open so played around on that side quite a lot and had a great lunch and ice cream in La Thuile. The pistes are all in good condition on both sides although still a little icy in some places. The fresh snow has made the whole area much better so let's hope the wind stays low and it remains cold. You should be in for a good week. I will be back again next week, maybe catch up with you in Bar Fusion.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowcrazy, thanks for the update, only 5 days to go, excited or what. The main worry for me is getting over the M62 to Manchester airport!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We have 11 of our group going from Manchester - the fact its closed today doesn't bode well. Hopefully the fact we are forcast a dry thurs/fri/sat means they will get it all sorted for the weekend.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Came back on Sunday, found the snow great and some nice powder to play in. Was bitterly cold on Saturday when the winds picked up, had to stay down on the lower slopes with the kids. But on the whole it was really good.

The lift to La Thuile wasn't always open first thing, but by around 11:00 - 11:30 it seemed to open. Only skied over that side on one day and enjoyed most of it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the replies, hopefully the snow here will clear up and we will actually get there ha! Sounds like it should be a good week over there though!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Only 2 more sleeps and eager to get any up to date reports from anyone out there!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just returned from a week at La Rosiere. Weather very variable. 4 days of sun, one of snow and the lifts closed on Thursday bacause of poor zero visibility and howling winds.
Snow conditions great especially at end of week after a day of fresh snowfall.
Excellent skiing in St Bernard sector above resorts. Perfect snow and no-one around. Only downside is the longest draglift in the world - Bellecombe 1. Ski in isolation in shadow of Mont Blanc between the Piccolo and Fourclaz lifts.
I'm booking to go back later in year.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've just returned also and as you say the weather was changable to say the least. Annoyed that they kept the 1 lift + couple drags open on the windy day just so they did not have any insurance payouts to pay for.

Review of the resort. Not massively impressed with LaRosiere. Links between runs were not great, lots of traversing tracks, fair amount of drags. VERY slow lifts, even the newer ones were slow for modern lifts. Very small. An advanced skier/boarder could cover the whole resort in a day.
We stayed in Les Eucherts which seemed to have just enough, few bars, few restraunts, supermarket. Just about everything you need.

La Thuille was much better, lifts seem to link together better, runs were better. Powder was emense yesterday. Waist high in a number of places

Would not go back again
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Got back yesterday from a week in La Ros, after a very shakey start we got to the resort on Monday afternoon after having our flight put back a day due to weather conditions. Had a quick ski on the afternoon in bright sun great! Tuesday equally as good - well done to Esprit for arranging replacement lesson in the afternoon for my daughter for the missed day. Wednesday started with fresh snow and a few great runs before it got choppy, Thursday as said above was horrendously windy but I got on two great runs down Fontaine Froid before they closed the lift put a real smile on my face, brilliant snow. Having said that one of the drags that was running couldn't because snow had drifted around the take off area. Friday and Saturday - great days - took my 8yr old daughter into Italy which she really enjoyed. But boy was the north face of the La Thuile side cold in the morning - would have been great powder to be had if I didn't have someone small in tow! All through the week the slopes on both sides were perfectly groomed and you could still find courdory (sp) in places late in the afternoon. Had snowed another 20cm overnight Saturday which made the transfer back on Sunday morning fun .. wish we'd been there another day.

Because this for me is a family holiday I accept the short comings of La Rosiere / La Thuile because it's so quiet and family friendly, might even go back again next year.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've still got 7 weeks to wait!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pbarnes, welcome to snowHeads snowHead And that is a "take a book" long tow!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy