Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Garmisch??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Steilhang, I will have no problem whatsoever convincing Berliners that Bierwanking is something Bavarians do often. Where do you think that frothy head on a Maß comes from, anyway?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ami in berlin, sorry about my apauling spellings i cannot speak german and do not have a dictionary on me rolling eyes yes larme ente thats the wooden bar which dishes out the yagermeister (again sorry for bad spelling) and have all the euro dance ski songs etc right??? and biberwank has been open this year(the one in austria right?) i came back a week ago from germany/austria Little Angel
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just playing with you, harriet, all in good fun.

There are two mountains actually, one called W@nk and one called Biberwier. Biberwier is the one in Austria, loosely attached to Lermoos. I'm pretty sure that's what you mean. W@nk is in Garmisch (well, Partenkirchen actually) and used to open for skiing but has been closed for a few years. The locals tell me it was a great mountain. They run gondola for hikers in the summer and at holiday periods in the winter. You can still see the chairlifts sitting up there unused.

Larme Ente is indeed the wooden bar in Lermoos. I prefer the Williams schaps with chunks of pear over Jäger, myself. Check on the Alpendisco, too.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
harriet has definitely got me looking forward to my day in Garmisch in two weeks. Shocked

Any suggestion for the best place for a bierwank? I shall also definitely check out the Irish bar, but probably not bother asking for a bierwank there.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andyph, Best not to do it in the Irish Bar. But if you find a traditional Bavarian bierkeller full of locals then go in, stand on a table and say to the crowd " Wer von Euch Wichsern trinkt hier Bier?" Some of them are sure to show some reaction!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andyph, if you like your largers and beers landbier is a good drink , also you gota try the figling shots they come in small bottles and i gota say i had one too many at ahrwald then skied down to the carpark half cut they are soo good!(i had 5 or 6 while waiting for the bf as i went of with his cousin for an hour or so and im a complete lightweight as i dont often drink) it comes in a clear bottle with a black label and green and purple writting (just in case i completely have the wrong spelling) deffo gota go to that larme ente i met some well cool german dudes there ami in berlin its the w@nk thats closed....it aparently wasnt making enough money so they just let it go even though the bf's cousin said it was great for borders as it had lots of bumps and twists and turns etc etc would of loved to of ski'ed that if i could purely for the name Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
harriet, sadly my days of generous (ahem) beer consumption are behind me. However I am a great believer in sampling the local specialities so I shall check out the figling (?). In case of confusion I shall simply ask my Bavarian colleagues to assist.

Likewise, Steilhang, I shall practise your useful phrase on them first. Since having to pay a forfeit in a mediaeval cellar bar in Augsburg (involving pledging my love to one of my colleagues whilst in the stocks) I have half of them believing I can speak German anyway. wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
harriet wrote:
i had 5 or 6 while waiting for the bf as i went of with his cousin for an hour or so
Shocked

andyph, definately take Steilhang's advice on how to greet locals in a bierkeller. What will at first appear to be punches are actually the traditional way of accepting somebody in to the group.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Biberwier is closed? Aww that's where I learned to ski back ithe day when one piece dayglo ski suits were all the rage .... it was "klein und fein". Great for learners... it was also dirt cheap.

Steilhang, Toofy Grin Boese... boese
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ami in berlin wrote:
harriet wrote:
i had 5 or 6 while waiting for the bf as i went of with his cousin for an hour or so
Shocked

andyph, definately take Steilhang's advice on how to greet locals in a bierkeller. What will at first appear to be punches are actually the traditional way of accepting somebody in to the group.

Doncha love these quaint traditions? wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fatirishman, biberwank is NOT closed its the fumble thats closed!!!!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
* w@nk , damn it it changes naughty words even though thats the actual name of the mountain!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy