Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I find that people look incredibly ugly in ski helmets

Poster: A snowHead
geepee, the Punmeister is in the house... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone wearing a wooly hat without a bobble is improperly dressed and should be put on a charge. NehNeh
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cunners wrote:
Oh, for crying out loud Geepee... surely that's a banning offence?

I would rate it as a spore effort. wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have a woolly hat without a bobble! One of those with Heidi plaits. And it made an appearance yesterday morning - damn cold!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cc_7up wrote:
Anyone wearing a wooly hat without a bobble is improperly dressed and should be put on a charge. NehNeh

As long as the charge isn't to the helmet. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
geepee wrote:
Hurtle wrote:
Megamum, I look like a mushroom in every type of headgear

If you pulled like that, he would probably be a fungi to be with. Toofy Grin
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
it's a wooly hat under your helmet for maximum steeze you losers

word Cool

mmmmm Heidi plaits.....mmmmmm
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

If you pulled like that, he would probably be a fungi to be with

Let's face it - some people could pull with a paper bag over their head Madeye-Smiley while others could be kitted out head-to-toe in high-end sportswear to no effect...I don't think helmets or bobble hats for that matter come into it. It is just one of those (slightly annoying) realities one has to come to terms with wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
schneeflocke, I couldn't pull a mussel in a seafood restaurant. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned SH's beanie hats. Surely this thread won't complete without a mention of the very height of sartorial elegance that is a SH beanie hat (with no bobble!!)?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
My helmet enhances my looks......when worn back to front!

If you're saying that helmets induce you to moon with your face then you're going far further than I'd wish to go.
I'm certainly arguing that helmets make people uglier, and (by screening off ears) they seem to make a face look like a
prize buttock, but not in an indecent way.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 2-12-09 23:48; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Megamum, we could always get admin to commision paulio as chief bobble adder.

As long as he bucks up his ideas and gets the correct weight/height ratio Laughing

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 2-12-09 23:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
queen bodecia wrote:
In all fairness, ski clothing in general is not really the most flattering, but does cover a multitude of sins. Who actually pulls on the piste anyway?

Oooh, I sense insecurity big time with this one. Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
greg66 wrote:
Who actually pulls on the piste anyway?

Jean Pomagalski. He was pulling in 1936 and never stopped
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Abominable snowHead, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
The Abominable snowHead, Laughing Laughing Great to see your inimitable wit again.
ski holidays
Let's have the best of both worlds... You'll find there's a huge range of riding hat covers (complete with bobbles) that might just fit over a ski helmet, e.g. http://www.holmesteadsaddlery.com/picwindow.php?pid=2250
Very Happy
ski holidays
greg66, no insecurity, I wear my bobble hat with pride (when it's cold enough!).
ski holidays
Quote:

they seem to make a face look like a
prize buttock, but not in an indecent way.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Trust me, they look much cooler with little furry ears attached to them Laughing
ski holidays
I can never buy a bobble hat big enough.
ski holidays
queen bodecia wrote:
greg66, no insecurity, I wear my bobble hat with pride (when it's cold enough!).

I was only kidding... wink
latest report
IMHO sometime over the last five years the collective sense of US ski fashion went from dawdling middle-aged skiers look silly in helmets, to dawdling middle-aged skiers look silly without helmets. I confess that's why I started wearing one. This probably means they will shortly become passe. Puzzled
snow report
Most of us (self included) look pretty dodgy with helmet/with bobble/without in any case, so what is the aethetic downside.

I would rather be in Wayne's world with a helmet than a bobble wearer.
latest report
when i ski i dont care which is my best side snowHead
ski holidays
I think the OP may have a point. New evidence has been brought to my attention

NehNeh
snow report
snow conditions
Mosha Marc wrote:
Human cannon ball now apearing at a mountain near you NehNeh
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Let's have the best of both worlds... You'll find there's a huge range of riding hat covers (complete with bobbles) that might just fit over a ski helmet, e.g. http://www.holmesteadsaddlery.com/picwindow.php?pid=2250

mmm ive always looks for an excuse to wear tight lycra on my helmet Toofy Grin

Ive always thought that i look better in a helmet especially if i keep in in the plastic bag.....but then im very very ugly Sad
snow conditions
Mosha Marc wrote:

Sorry Embarassed But I really want one!!!
ski holidays
Kitty, You should have asked for one for your birthday! But perhaps Santa could bring you one instead snowHead
ski holidays
Sorry guys but I got to say this. I lost a dear friend to a head injury last year. Its not nice to watch someone die like that and totaly unessacery. Had he been wearing a helmet he would still be here. Better to look ugly and be alive. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
The Abominable snowHead wrote:
greg66 wrote:
Who actually pulls on the piste anyway?

Jean Pomagalski. He was pulling in 1936 and never stopped

Ski Instructors of course rolling eyes
ski holidays
Sooner or later Insurance companys collectively will insist on the wearing of helmets or your insurance is void if you do not wear one whilst participating in a snow sliding activity.

Resort Operators collectively could adopt a policy of 'No Helmet = No Ride' which could only work if all the resorts signed up to it to prevent punters going else where.

If you already wear a helmet when you ski or Board then it won't bother you at all.

Reminds me of 'Clunk-Click every trip' or 'Wear me and Stop one (head injury)
snow report
noble wrote:
Sorry guys but I got to say this. I lost a dear friend to a head injury last year. Its not nice to watch someone die like that and totaly unessacery. Had he been wearing a helmet he would still be here. Better to look ugly and be alive. Madeye-Smiley

Very sorry to hear about your friend, but there are very few accidents where there is a head injury sufficient to be fatal but where a helmet will make any difference to that.

They are most use in accidents where the head is hit hard enough to cause minor injury, when they will usually result in no injury.

In borderline cases, they may make the difference between severe injury and death. But most cases where a head injury kills somebody are not borderline.
ski holidays
cc_7up wrote:
Sooner or later Insurance companys collectively will insist on the wearing of helmets or your insurance is void if you do not wear one whilst participating in a snow sliding activity.

Unlikely, but not impossible.

Insurance companies tend to work on the basis of proven risk rather than guessing and gut feel.

Quote:

Resort Operators collectively could adopt a policy of 'No Helmet = No Ride' which could only work if all the resorts signed up to it to prevent punters going else where.

Again, they could, but it is unlikely they will for adult IMO. Some already do for children, but that is different.

Quote:

If you already wear a helmet when you ski or Board then it won't bother you at all.

I do, but I don't expect it to save my life, or even make much difference in an accident which would cause severe injury. I do expect it to prevent the type of minor injury which are by far the most common, but which would rarely result in an insurance claim anyhow.

And I am more than happy for it to be a matter of individual choice.

Quote:

Reminds me of 'Clunk-Click every trip' or 'Wear me and Stop one (head injury)

Except that there is no evidence at all that they make sufficient difference for it to be worthwhile making them compulsory.
snow report
cc_7up, alex_heney, I fear you have just turned the best helmet thread we've ever had, into the same as every other....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy