Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

any seasoned drivers to France? Help please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Waste of money using flexiplus.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Helen Beaumont wrote:

Quite a few UK operators give it as standard. But yes, I wouldn't pay extra for it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can change your standard booking upto 24hours AFTER you should have travelled and only have to pay more if the fare is more - so I don't see the point in paying £130 more for a flexiplus.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Agreed. It beats me why they manage to persuade anybody to pay twice as much for nothing in particular. If you turn up at a time other than when you booked, you can get on the next train with available space. Even if you have paid with Tesco clubcard vouchers! It's very egalitarian. wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyone who has actually tried FlexiPlus especially on a busy date will tell you why it's worth the £398 Eurotunnel charge for it but you have to experience it for yourself I think.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
XPeak, I regularly travel on the Saturday before New Year, which surely must be one of the busiest, and haven't had any difficulty. It may have been an advanatge in january when hubby broke his neck and I had to drive the car home a week early due to him being repatriated from hospital, as trains were full, and they couldn't change my time. I had to rebook via the ferry
I didn't lose the crossing though, I simply moved it to July, and booked a single from Folkestone for the outward leg. £398 is still not worth it, as that cost me less than that to do.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We stayed just outside Dijon last year - found a nice / reasonably priced hotel that was ideal for us (2 adults, a 10 year old and a 6 month old).

We use Active Hotels to book / search and have had no issues with them!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The last couple of years we have driven down. I have explored various routes to avoid tolls where practical. A good alternative when travelling from calais is to come off the A26 at REIMS and take the N44 to Vitry le Francois, N4 St Dizier then N67 to Chaumont then rejoin the motorway near Chaumont. It is mostly dual carriageway, traffic and toll free and cuts out some mileage. It is worth the tolls to bypass Dijon. From Dole the N5 and N85 will take you quite pleasantly to Bourg en Bresse. The N504 to Chambery via Belley is a scenic but not very fast road if you have time, likewise the N75 to Grenoble but both routes are quite a bit shorter to those destinations than the motorway.
Other advantages of getting off the motorways are cheaper diesel and eating.

If your destination is accessed from Grenoble then before striking out it is worth stopping by the massive supermarket there which is not far from the huge Decathlon store at the south side of Grenoble. Cheap diesel - It is important to fill up the tank as much as possible before parking up in cold conditions for the reasons given by 'boredsurfing' above. Condensation can form in empty diesel tanks. This can freeze at the bottom of the tank. Some water can also gather in your fuel filter and lead to fuel starvation even if your fuel doesn't reach waxing point. Before the trip if the car hasn't been serviced with a filter change for a while it is worth changing this. Fuel filters are cheap but a bit of a faff to change yourself as the injector sysem has to be bled to get the air out afterwards. Continental diesel has a higher proportion of bio-diesel thatn uk diesel though we are going more that way. This biodiesel is OK but can have a greater tendency to gunk up filters and if it gets through the filter can cause problems with you injector pump and injectors.

A couple of other tips: If you are self catering take a toaster, a kettle and some proper size mugs. The French self catering apartments we have stayed in have all been clean but we drink tea and like toast neither can be done with a coffee machine! Ebay is a great place to source snow chains as often people sell a car then realise they still have the chains which don't fit their new car.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Some enlightened owners actually provide kettles, mugs and toasters wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy