Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The all new 09/10 Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
North of Chamonix by contrast is looking great. Off to La clusaz this Saturday, hoping my flight is not re-directed to Basel due to heavy snow again! Very cold conditions forecast on all sources I can find.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh where have all the clever people gone? wink

Anyone know the forecast for the Alps du Sud? We are heading to Superdevoluy/ Joue du Loup from 13th - 20th February. I know its still a way off as weather predictions go, but I'd appreciate an educated guess!

Thanks in advance snowHead 's
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How is the snow in Zellamsee ? We are heading out on Feb 15th..this time last year the lake was frozen . snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes please all wiggly people tell us the runes. SF.Com showing v heavy snow next thursday Friday, prior to my arrival on Saturday. Can this be true!!
I know its too far out etc.etc., but please play the game!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
twoodwar, if you have a look at http://www.ski-finder.co.uk/grab_gfs.html you can look at the most relevant "wigglies" for your resort, which will help you decide how reliable the snow-forecast forecast is. Heavy snow on a Friday is always more believable than heavy snow on, say, Tuesday because the weather gods just love making transfer day as difficult as possible and disrupting the max number of airports. Looks like they're going to have another go tomorrow, after flirting with some rain at lower altitudes. wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ta Pam, I know its not reliable, but just want the fun of it regarding opinions. Will have a look though Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Loads of snow today - 'most everywhere, it seems. A lot more than forecast (except by chamonix meteo, who got it right again...). It is still snowing hard and looks like continuing much of tomorrow. Could be another fairly difficult transfer day. But worth the struggle - should be fantastic on Sunday.

Have fun, folks. We're off home on Sunday (don't do lift queues) but tomorrow morning might be worth a couple of hours, before I have to come home and defrost the fridge and clean the oven.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
(except by chamonix meteo, who got it right again...). .

Just had a look on Chamonix meteo expected snowfall to 1000m is 5-15cm so fingers crossed eh!

pam w wrote:
Have fun, folks. We're off home on Sunday (don't do lift queues) but tomorrow morning might be worth a couple of hours, before I have to come home and defrost the fridge and clean the oven. .

Have a safe journey home! Thanks very much for all the input you have gave me on my threads aswell! Is a lot of help getting help from people who are there and in the know than speculative forecasts on the net! Take Care out there!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looks very snowy on the webcams Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy (not that I'm watching them obsessively) - la chaine meteo say "abondantes chutes de neige" for Saturday but Chamonix meteo say 5-15cm... Hope you have a safe trip back Pam. I've been told by someone who skies from Praz there aren't any lift queues in the Espace Diamant rolling eyes. Bet he hasn't been at half term. Still, the conditions are looking good Toofy Grin. Thanks for all the info.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Seems like the Italian side did best yesterday. Got Reports of 50cm at Stafel (gressoney) and 40cm at Courmayeur by yesterday evening...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Last few GFS runs across most of the Alps have been pointing towards a fairly cold, but not especially snowy period for the next week or two... Possibly something more significant around 19/20 Feb... Obviously could all change etc etc. wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
what do weatherheads make of the weather forecasts for this Wednesday? I am in Geneva with some time to kill now, I was origionally going to head to the Jura's but it looks like a potential for some warming and some of the R word around, so I was considering heading to Les Gets instead, for a little more height.....
snow conditions
 brian
brian
kitenski, Meteo Suisse says:

Mercredi : nuageux avec quelques précipitations à l'ouest en seconde partie de journée. Limite des chutes de neige d'abord en plaine, puis s'élevant rapidement jusque vers 1500 mètres.

Sounds like it might be worth it to head to the alps, how high are the Jura stations?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
brian wrote:
kitenski, Meteo Suisse says:

Mercredi : nuageux avec quelques précipitations à l'ouest en seconde partie de journée. Limite des chutes de neige d'abord en plaine, puis s'élevant rapidement jusque vers 1500 mètres.

Sounds like it might be worth it to head to the alps, how high are the Jura stations?

cheers Brian, that is what I am thinking....Juras are 900m -> 1650m

If I get to Les Gets I can get high pretty quick, and it's only about an hour out of Geneva I think....
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Several forecast are indicating a decent snowfall and drop in temps for ski amade area in central austria for fri / sat, warming up in the meantime, though currently -15 at the top of Hauser.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
I'm having to go to the US with work next week. Unlikely to be any fun, but the upside is I'll be in the Bay area over the weekend so might as well try and get to Tahoe ...

snow report
brian, have fun. snowHead
latest report
GFS is looking rather warm between now and the end of February...
snow conditions
Stay high this week. Rain's coming. Spring was in the air today. Beautiful day but not good for the snow Sad
snow conditions
 brian
brian

Shocked
snow conditions
I'm really confused, looking at the all forecast sites I have saved in favourites (6), I can't find 2 that agree on the forthcoming temperatures/weather in Soll, Austria. The only thing they seem to agree on is that on the 27th something is going to fall out of the sky. After that date it ranges from cloud all week, possible snow, minus temperatures, to sunny, +4, and that's at the same altitude on the mountain! Beginning to feel I might as well wait till I draw the curtains back on the 28th and do my own forecast!!! Puzzled
ski holidays
sharon1953, I agree. I'm religiously watching all the data for La Thuile (going on 7th March). Looks like a lot of precipitation from this weekend through next week, but temperatures seem to be starting off rather high which may mean rain at resort level (but snow up on the mountain, yay!).

The longer term wigglies are a bit vague, but potentially colder, which is a good sign.
snow report
queen bodecia, well I understand the rain v snow senario depending on freezing levels, it's everything else that seems to be complete guess work, even on Austria's own sites rolling eyes
ski holidays
 brian
brian
sharon1953, I was going to say current forecasts look like snow on the 26th to reasonably low levels, but then I had a quick look at how low Soll actually is. Still, I would expect snow down to maybe 1000m or so.
snow report
Looks like 4 of 5 days of rain coming up in many resorts below 1500m.
snow report
Mmmmmmmm

For Samoens

Snow Forecast web site says....

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Samoens/6day/bot

Meteo group

http://www.meteogroup.co.uk/uk/home/weather/world_weather/city_weather.html?cityID=33X30077&tx_mgcityweatherstatic_pi1[cityIDuse]=33X30077

Why so different from saturday onwards?
snow conditions
Looking cold and dry for the next 10 days or so. Time for the piste bashers to sharpen up their edges and the off piste crowd to plan a few longer tours.....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
could any of you weather gurus tell me what it'll be like from Sun til Thurs Les Angles, Eastern Pyrenees, please
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone care to opine on the Three Valleys for the week commencing 13 March?
ski holidays
Hurtle, bit early yet... wigglies are all over the shop
ski holidays
Ooooh! Bit of snow today and tomorrow in La Thuile apparently, then a lovely day on Monday! The gods are smiling on me. Looks like a fair bit more snow midweek though. It would be nice to have more than one blue sky day but beggars can't be choosers.

Don't think there will be any snow cover issues for your trip to 3V Hurtle. Very Happy
ski holidays
queen bodecia, no, indeed, but it would be nice to have some more snow to freshen things up and then bright sunshine from Saturday onwards (don't want to have to put chains on either. Twisted Evil) Glad your forecast is good.
ski holidays
Well I can't complain really although it looks like I'll be getting far lower temperatures than I'm used to. Snow is deepest it's been all season in La Thuile (110/290) and a bit of a top up this weekend, then hopefully two nice days and after that it looks a bit snowy again. 3V is not that far away I think so probably similar there, although weather can vary from valley to valley.
latest report
Hurtle, 13-20th is starting to look like a decent week, maybe some snow around the 18th, temps below 0 but not full-on Baltic... (hope all this comes true, I'm away that week too! snowHead
ski holidays
red 27 wrote:
Hurtle, 13-20th is starting to look like a decent week, maybe some snow around the 18th, temps below 0 but not full-on Baltic... (hope all this comes true, I'm away that week too! snowHead

we are too - out in morzine for the week. have seen mixed reports upto now but seems to be more consistency towards a "better" forecast...fingers crossed!!!
snow conditions
red 27 wrote:

I'd still say there is a lot of disagreement around, eg the 14th could be -5, could be -12 looking at the wigglies, similiar with precipitation, still not much agreement....

snow conditions
kitenski, looks pretty bleak on the fresh snow front Sad

Need a dump of 20-30cm to get back on the fresh tracks wagon....
latest report
bobinch wrote:
kitenski, looks pretty bleak on the fresh snow front Sad

Need a dump of 20-30cm to get back on the fresh tracks wagon....

It's saving itself for Easter when I goto Stuben Madeye-Smiley
snow report
kitenski wrote:
red 27 wrote:

I'd still say there is a lot of disagreement around, eg the 14th could be -5, could be -12 looking at the wigglies, similiar with precipitation, still not much agreement....

..... but the important thing is all forecast values put freezing levels below well 1000m, so it'll be below freezing at lowest resort level for the 3v. whatever falls will fall as snow and (if it's not too windy) will hang around and be in good condition. {providing forecast doesn't change}
snow conditions
Spare a thought for those of us heading out w/c 20th rolling eyes The forecast could mean rain to high levels that week so let's hope it changes Crying or Very sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy