Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The all new 09/10 Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Thought that I might start the thread in preparation for the upcoming season.

Forecast for 09/10 = BUMPER! I hope! Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ski-finder, unless you grease brian's and carled's palms with snow, or something, this ain't going to work. IME, however, offers of marriage don't cut the mustard. carled seems to be pre-occupied with his wardrobe at the moment, but it looks as though brian could be working himself up slowly into wiggle-mode. I certainly hope so. (I don't understand anything either of them says, but it's riveting all the same, particularly when they expand into ever-more-colourful riffs of sarcasm. Toofy Grin)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can I be the first please...........

Metcheck says it will dump 4 feet 3 inches of snow on 3rd February 2010 at 3.22pm in Tignes. I am going on holiday in January to Les Arcs, is the Tignes forecast correct?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller wrote:
is the Tignes forecast correct?

No. It will be 4 feet 1 inch, and it won't start until 4:01pm.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Now I'm skitting around like a puppy! When the WOT starts, you know winter really is just around the corner. Cool

Time to change my bookmark and toughen my hide for all the withering sarcasm from the family about being a weather-geek. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Hurtle, tbh, it's getting a bit like boots in hand luggage and French side versus Swiss for me.

I have told you all I know on the basis that give a snowHead a forecast and they know if it'll snow tomorrow, teach them to wiggle and they can spend countless hours idly speculating for themselves. wink

So go to it, new generation of weather outlookers ...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle, I thought they both did it for the thrills Wink

However towards the end of last seasons thread there were a number of wigglywatchers...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Keep the forecasts and funnies coming for the obscure out of the way resorts like Les Arcs, La Plagne and so on.

Me, I am interested in the places I actually ski. Hemsedal in Dec, Baqueira-Beret in Jan and whatever we can find in Romania in Feb.

42cm forecast in the next 72 hours for Hemsedal. 41cm for Baqueira, and 12 degrees in Predeal.... Hmm.

Snow may be forecast but my mood is sunny.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brian, yebbut nobody wiggles like you and carled do. I don't even want to know the weather (it's not as if anybody can do anything about it) I just like your style.
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Still, I can understand your being fed up with it all. May the weather gods smile upon you, in any event.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is there any one place to find the GFS runs? This season I shall mostly be interested in Morzine...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hurtle wrote:
I just like your style.

Ditto Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ski-finder wrote:
Is there any one place to find the GFS runs? This season I shall mostly be interested in Morzine...

for all your wiggly needs, try here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=14852

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
but be aware that all the charts in that thread will be current ones, so trying to make any sense of them alongside the words in the posts will be futile. Twisted Evil
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
but be aware that all the charts in that thread will be current ones, so trying to make any sense of them alongside the words in the posts will be futile. Twisted Evil

But the basic premise of the links and how to read them still holds true.....
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
well I didn't find that - because what you need is to see how the scenario described is reflected in the wigglies. If the wigglies are suggesting something quite different from the words........... but maybe I'm just thick. Puzzled
snow report
http://glidemet.co.uk/?page_id=540

this looks quite useful.
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:
carled seems to be pre-occupied with his wardrobe at the moment

I feel stalked! Shocked
snow report
carled, oh dear, I'm sorry. My intentions are strictly honourable, I assure you.
ski holidays
AndrewBailey, thoroughly enjoyed me visit to Hemsedal a couple of year's back ... good choice Very Happy
snow conditions
http://www.wetterzentrale.de/topkarten/fsavneur.html
thats what I use, has most other charts too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmmm, now I had these wigglies saved from last year, I think for Serfaus, Austria - well the coordinates look right for there anyway

So good snow in the next few days but then it may be warming up a bit in a week's time
ski holidays
Seems to be a very similar pattern to last year so far down here in the French Pyrenees. Does that ring true?
Just took this 10 mins ago and due too keep snowing and get colder over the next couple of days...
snow conditions
I prefer that picture to the wigglies! Laughing
snow conditions
cathy, the average temp line is dropping toward 0 though, so those later temps don't seem far off current, looks like unsettled weather so looks pretty hopeful to me!

Loving the waist high pow though!
snow report
in garbure we trust, Shocked Keep posting pictures like that and I might actually listen to my friend who keeps telling me we shoudl visit the pyrenees wink
snow report
pam w wrote:
I prefer that picture to the wigglies! Laughing
Isn't it gorgeous! Just the most brilliant 'his and hers' with the one in the other thread. Who needs sunshine, with grins like that?!
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Looking a touch foehnique for the weekend ...

ski holidays
in garbure we trust, I think you've got some jizz in your eye, mate. wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well back to the wigglies, here is the latest run from the Portes du Soleil region in France

Looks like unsettled weather combined with above average temps 15-17th Nov onwards, anyone wiser than me know how significant an impact this might have on the early snow?
ski holidays
Quote:

anyone wiser than me know how significant an impact this might have on the early snow?

I would make no claim to wisdom, but at lower and medium altitudes I'd say the impact will be to melt it. That's what almost always happens to snow that falls below the tops in early November. Panic not. wink
snow report
pam w, yes that was my view... hoping that actually it brings a bit more snow up top too Smile
snow conditions
IIRC a little meltage early in the season is not always a bad thing, can help the base get cold and compacted and help the ground to cool.
snow conditions
rogg, good. Every cloud has a silver lining. Little Angel
snow conditions
I also quite like the c h a m o n i x - m e t e o . c o m forecasts which are translated here:
http://www.chamonix-meteo.com/bul/metPreMatEn.php

brian, do you still think foehn will be a significant presence this weekend?
snow report
ski-finder, yes it will. hoorah Very Happy
ski holidays
right now I'm a bit more concerned about the weather outside my front door. We've had a tidal flood warning and just put our gates in before heading off out to supper with friends. The area shipping forecast is gale 8 to storm 10, possibly violent storm 11 later. Shocked
ski holidays
in garbure we trust, Very Happy
ski holidays
 brian
brian
All the recent model runs have been pretty uniformly horrendous. Sad

Oh well, maybe if we get the crap out of the way now, things will turn for the better in December. Confused
snow conditions
brian, The world's going mad; wind here gusting at Force 11, freezing levels over 4000m forecast in late November. Shocked
snow report
pam w, the run for the Avoriaz area is showing dropping temps for late November, obviously a long way out but have you seen something I haven't Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy