Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Masters Ski Racing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,
Looking on the F.I.S. site and came across Masters racing.Has anybody done any of this ? Is it for over 40s amateur (wannabe) racers like myself-(no laughing Fattes13-beaten by your Dad last Sunday !! by several seconds).Can anyone give me an idea of the standard involved and the athmosphere it attracts-is it really serious stuff or is there a bit of a social side to it also.
Thanks,
briand6868
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
briand6868, Masters racing is for over 30s. I have done a few races a year for several years now.

There is a good social side to it, but the races are run to the same standard as any other FIS race, you take it as seriously as you want. You can get the rules here. If you want to enter you will need to get a FIS Masters licence from the Snowsports Association of Ireland, this is different from a standard FIS licence.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hmmm..... thinking of giving it a go myself at somepoint since I'll be old enough next year Confused Need to find time to do some proper training on snow first tho!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing It was by 200's of a second thank you very much and his ski tech managed to do his fathers skis and not his own oh and there was a beachball at the 3rd gate, my boots where open, etc etc wink wink

briand6868, Dont be wasting your money I seen you on Sunday wink spend it on Jo Jo and when he makes it big tell him to look after his first race coach Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello Lads,
Have looked up S.A.I. and the site seems to be obsolete. Fattes 13 told me yesterday he saw some of the Masters types training in Saas Fee in the Summer and they are bloody good- rather rotund ( not unlike fattes) but almost as fast as they were in their hay-day. I still think I'd like to give it a go maybe next season just to say I've done it and the F.I.S. race licence would be nice to stick in a frame to show Fattes 13 when we both retire from our hectic ski-racing lives.Fattes-did a costing on Saas for Paddys for myself and mrs briand6868 and its crazy min 1600e for 3 days skiing thats with a swiss flight and overnight in Zurich to make the return flight-see you Wed- any news from the assessment boys?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
briand6868, I have no idea what your last post is about.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Ris,
Just as it says Snowsports Association of Ireland seems to have a site which hasn't been updated in a couple of years and several of the pages lead to no information,blank screens. The rest is fairly easy to understand I think.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
briand6868 wrote:
The rest is fairly easy to understand I think.

Nope, why do you need to go to Saas Fee ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
briand6868, thsi is the British home of masters racing http://www.btinternet.com/~john.p.williams/masters/
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dunk, I was assuming that he was Irish, not British. GBR licences can only be issued to UK passport holders.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Rjs, Fattes13 asked me if I was interested in a trip so killing 2 birds 1 stone. Thanks Dunk I'll get in touch with them and see if they can point me in the right direction-
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
briand6868, I'm really trying to get an idea what bird you think you are killing. You can try contacting James Rothnie but he will tell you exactly the same as me, you need to get a FIS Masters licence from SAI if you have an Irish passport and they then need to send your race entries to race organizers. Once you have got the licence I'm sure some of us can look after you at races.

Looking on the FIS website there only seems to be one result for an Irish Master, I'm wondering whether your Federation has a system for granting Master licences, they are not the same as a Full International FIS Alpine one and are not supposed to be difficult to get. For Snowsports GB we just ask a new racer to get a reference from a coach to say that they have some idea what they are doing.

It is a shame you didn't start this thread a couple of days earlier, I could have had a chat with the Irish guys who came over for the indoor race in Manchester.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi RJS,
Starting to get an idea where you're coming from. I'll speak to the race comittee at the Ski Club of Ireland and see what they say- theyre probably the same people who know about the Snowsports ass of Ireland.The Saas bit is a bit of chat between myself and Fattes saves me the price of a call as I know he checks in here daily.The one Irish Master certainly is not familiar to me or anyone else I know, he competed in Liberec and is 61yrs old but I'm curious as to who he is.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy