Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead
Fantastic conditions on piste in VT indeed, an epic day, especially the race for the last lift! I aim to get my own back at lunchtime tomorrow, FtS, that's two days running you've finished my lunch! Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman, Chalet les Deux Lacs per chance?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hurtle,
Quote:

that's two days running you've finished my lunch!

Is that a euphemism or something? Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What kind of temperatures are common for this time of year. Just wondering what to pack for clothes and what color wax to use. We'll be skiing there next week and staying up at 2300 m.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bobinch, oh yes Very Happy anarchicsaltire, yes - it is ao euphamism for "one knows their limit and the other is a greedy, fat fecker"
Weather out of the window - Blue sky Very Happy
Must dash as my man has just arrived from the bakers with my morning feed.Mike25, yesterday in VT it was about 0c and sunny.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sounds good and still looks good, even forecast wise!!! Yup the www.les3vallees.com webcams are on constant display on my work pc! Very Happy

And best of all!!! 2 sleeps left!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mike25 wrote:
What kind of temperatures are common for this time of year. Just wondering what to pack for clothes and what color wax to use. We'll be skiing there next week and staying up at 2300 m.

anywhere between + 20 and -10 .....
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
woohoo.. snow forecast looking better for next week Toofy Grin Was starting to get worried
Bring it on!!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is it sad that my girlfriend and I have a countdown board in our kitchen? ...the best thing is that this morning it said '2 days to go'! WOOHOO!! Very Happy

Come on snow - you can do it!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm heading to Val T with the uni tomorrow......I CANNOT wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bring it on!!!! Think we need special snow head mini flags that we can attach to helmets etc...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
wns198 wrote:
Is it sad that my girlfriend and I have a countdown board in our kitchen?

We have one countdown chart in the kitchen for the kids, and Mrs ringingmaster and I each have one by our desks at work. 8 sleeps to go
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
i am coming out on the 16th of APril save some snow for me !!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski wrote:
Mike25 wrote:

anywhere between + 20 and -10 .....

WOW... that's 14 F - 68 F

how long does the snow hold up before it turns to slush?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A hot but fantastic day. The snow is holding up very well. Run of the day - Combe de Caron, the snow will never have been better.
Sadly Hurtle finished her own lunch today.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, waddya mean, I saved some wine especially for you! Evil or Very Mad
Seriously good conditions on piste and to the sides of the pistes, grippy, easy to ski. Lots of sun. But here's hoping for a top up for those coming out soon.
Have to say here that FtS is the best party leader in the world and that my ski buddy and I are incredibly lucky bunnies to have been allowed to tag on to the party of 12 good northern souls, despite being only from Staffordshire (in Paul's case) and horribly darn sarf in mine. Having such fun skiing with ya'all. Also must say that skimottaret's pad is a perfect base for sampling the delights of all four Valleys. Lest it be in doubt, I am having a superb time.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, I didn't realise you were on a skiing trip again already, at least you have found some sensible company on this one Toofy Grin wink
snow report
A very hot day today. +5 at the Saulire at 3pm. Lots of snow still but it took a hammering today.
We had a mass crash on Campagnol this morning when 7 out of 12 of the group failed to spot a big riser and hit it at wharf factor 9. One suffered a snapped finger tendon but a remarkable escape as we all missed each other. I had 15m of air but had tried to slow at the top and was thus flying sideways. My crash was by far the biggest I have ever had, but I had plenty of time to prepare for it. It was a real sight with 7 bodies and 14 skis laid about.
latest report
am leaving in 1 hour AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
A very hot day today. +5 at the Saulire at 3pm. Lots of snow still but it took a hammering today.
We had a mass crash on Campagnol this morning when 7 out of 12 of the group failed to spot a big riser and hit it at wharf factor 9. One suffered a snapped finger tendon but a remarkable escape as we all missed each other. I had 15m of air but had tried to slow at the top and was thus flying sideways. My crash was by far the biggest I have ever had, but I had plenty of time to prepare for it. It was a real sight with 7 bodies and 14 skis laid about.

pics?
snow conditions
Arno, there will be some of the aftermath.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Shocked Shocked Shocked Thank goodness there were no worse injuries. Was the visibility poor? (It was extraordinary this morning - loads of what looked like snowclouds and, one minute later, not a cloud in the sky.) Silly hot today. Jerusalem and Pramint lovely in the morning, apart from the very end of Jerusalem. Meribel a slushfest, including great gobbets of indigestible porridge on Face. Best conditions we found in the afternoon were around the Chapelets lift above Courchevel 1650 - gorgeous and nobody else on them. More snow really needed now and certainly not the rain that is forecast. Sad
Safe journey home to the FtS party and thanks to all for letting us gatecrash your party
Very Happy
snow report
it has been raining since 1.45 snow level supposed to be 2700m. Forecast for next few days is rain below 2500-2100m Sad
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
More snow really needed now and certainly not the rain that is forecast.

More snow would be nice, but are you really saying they need more??? Given La Tania at 1300m has never failed to see out the season, and they say they have over 1m at 1850 I suspect they will manage Wink
snow report
kitenski wrote:

More snow would be nice, but are you really saying they need more??? Given La Tania at 1300m has never failed to see out the season, and they say they have over 1m at 1850 I suspect they will manage Wink
Oh, they'll manage for sure, but there hasn't been a decent snowfall now for over 3 weeks, and there's about another 5 weeks left of the season, so a little freshening would be welcome
snow report
Patch wrote:
kitenski wrote:

Oh, they'll manage for sure, but there hasn't been a decent snowfall now for over 3 weeks, and there's about another 5 weeks left of the season, so a little freshening would be welcome

Yeh that was my point, didn't want any newcomers panicking that all the snow would be gone by Easter!! Normally March/April see fresh snow, I'd be very surprised if some decent falls didn't come through.....
snow conditions
Steph reports avalanches all over the place today, brought down by overnight rain. Many pistes closed due to avi risk and/or debris
snow conditions
can confirm the rain. Arrived in VT at 4.00 and it's been raining since we got here. forecast if for colder temps so hopefully the rain will turn to snow. This is at around 2000m. Further up the hill conditions are said to be good. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Left Les Menuires this morning (BOO!!!) it started raining late hours last night/this morning with the rain level apparently up as high as about 2,500m. There was a number of massive wet slides down to bottom of the snowpack apparent on the steeper lower south facing slopes. Though based on what i saw i doubt slides of this nature will possibly effect the pistes. There was also a lot of bombing going on up in VT so there must have been a lot more snow on the higher elevations than had been forecast.

I have to also concur with what kitenski, has said. Yes snow conditions were variable towards the tail end of last week due to elevated temperatures. Yes the 3 valleys could do with a fresh dump. However there is adequate snow coverage in what i saw to almost certainly last out the season provided it doesn't end up being freakishly hot & dry for the next month. Which brings me to my next point traditionally mid spring e.g. late march & early april is well renowned for large dumps of snow. So the possibility of the season coming to an end early is HIGHLY unlikely. In summation if you've a holiday booked to the 3 valleys don't stress there'll be skiing. As to how good that'll be? Well that depends on what you've offered Ular.
ski holidays
was snowing heavily down to resort level at 5.00 this morning but light rain in resort right now (8.00), going high today, fingers crossed. snowHead
ski holidays
light drizzle now falling as sleet/snow in resort. still plenty already underfoot!
snow conditions
above freezing friday night even at 3200. Plenty of snow but even VT was Slush fest. We stopped at 2 yesterday and were glad to. A drop in temps and a dump will see it right.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, I certainly felt better for the one I had this morning. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Just back (late yesterday). We were debating a cheeky extra day at the end, but the combination of warm temperatures, Friday's slush fest, and a sore knee from having nowhere to go on the way off a chairlift (people both sides, no space even for a snowplough, and boarder in front!) meant we decided against it.

Hope it holds out and the weather is better than the forecast. There were loads of slides on south facing slopes while we were coming back to Le Praz on Friday, possibly including one of the Couloirs.
snow conditions
bit of a slushfest today. lower stuff very heavy, but top of moraine and genepi were good. Christine ok too.. vis not good though alternating between snow and cloud. brightened up at lunchtime but closed in again around 3.00. Slopes all busy today.I think everyone in the 3V came over to Val t for the height! Still had a good day overall, and hoping for better conditions tomorrow snowHead
snow conditions
Quote:

There were loads of slides on south facing slopes while we were coming back to Le Praz on Friday, possibly including one of the Couloirs.

last night's snow weather report on french TV reported very high avalanche risk throughout the French Alps - 4/5 even in Les Saisies today. Take it easy, folks.
snow report
Today was drizzly and cloud base meant flat light until you you are above 2400m... All three valleys identical. End of day much better...

And now nice and sunny for apres! Very Happy
latest report
heading out to Les Menuires in 2 weeks time and need to pre order my lift pass. Anyone out there, just been there got any comments on waiting to I get there, or get the offer I can get now?
latest report
chrisb, web price, inghams price and price from lift office were all the same. for us cheapest deal if you have kids is family pass for two adults and two under 18s. full price for 4 adults including carre neige for 3v for 6 days was 992.80 Euro.
ski holidays
Axsman, thanks for info - are the conditions going to hold up for a full 3v pass. I gather that the Meribel valley is not so good in the late season normally, but not sure how it is holding up this year?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy