Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead
A good dusting at Val Thorens last night, down to village level. This follows light snow about a week ago on the upper slopes. Peclet glacier due to open on 21st November.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 19-10-09 13:26; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Peclet glacier due to open on 21st November.

I'd be disappointed if that was the case. Isn't that just 1 chairlift and 1 run?

I was under the impression that they'd be intending to open a lot more than that on the opening day...

Any ideas anyone?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They normally blast a lower slope or two with manmade. There should be 2 or 3 runs open at the start.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Normally they open 6 lifts for the first week of the season.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah, depends on the conditions. Peclet certainly open. anything else a bonus.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Patch, blinkin' long season... wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Michelle, About 5-and-a-half months Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This thread could get extremely long updating the conditions till 20010! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Liam, Embarassed fixed now. I don't think I'll be around long enough to report on 20010 conditions
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow overnight, down to about 2300m. Mont Vallon and the Saulire looking very white.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Indeed!

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That greenhouse thing on the Val Thorens 360 webcam is hideous.

http://www.valthorens.com/winter-en/live/livecams--webcams.61.html
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ringingmaster, not sure what you mean by greenhouse thing Puzzled
Do you mean what looks like a tunnel Puzzled
What is this long poly tunnel looking thing Puzzled
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's where the beginners draglift(s) is/are, maybe some sort of cover? Puzzled
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's mentioned here:

http://www.latania.co.uk/photos/2009Summer/WhatsNew/index.htm

Quote:

In Val Thorens the double drag lift back into resort has been removed, looks like a series of covered moving belt arrangement / travelator lifts are to replace this to allow easier access back to resort for beginners from the learner area nearby. Additional travelators are also being installed.
ski holidays
I don't think anyone going to Val Thorens expects picturesque.

Wink
snow conditions
Yes, the poly tunnel. It just looks odd that's all.

altis, Happy
snow report
Val Thorens this morning

snow report
ringingmaster, I totally agree, I'm sure it will look much better once its buried in snow wink
snow conditions
Llew wrote:
ringingmaster, I totally agree, I'm sure it will look much better once its buried in snow wink

Well they got snow on em, and they still look cr@p, more like a war time bomb shelter. ahh well the snow looks nice. .
ski holidays
from http://www.latania.co.uk/

best conditions are on the upper slopes!! Courchevel - Combe des Pylones off Saulire, 11 November 2009

ski holidays
kitenski Fab photo, and and I've heard many say that the camera on an iPhone is cr@p......
ski holidays
I just heard that Val Thorens is opening (partially) a week earlier than planned - now this Saturday, November 14th. About 10 pistes expected to be open.
ski holidays
Patch wrote:
I just heard that Val Thorens is opening (partially) a week earlier than planned - now this Saturday, November 14th. About 10 pistes expected to be open.

... and then I saw BMF_Skiers post titled "Val Thorens to open on Nov 14th" Embarassed
snow conditions
Val Thorens was busy today for so early in the season. A ski test day was being held, open to all, and this seemed to pull the crowds in. Several lifts open, including the Peclet Funitel, Moraine, Cascade and Plein Sud. Most of the snow is now artificial and sugary, but more is forecast for next week
latest report
Snow fell for about an hour this morning, freshening up the pistes. Cleared later, leaving about 2cm of fresh. Less crowded than yesterday, but colder.
snow report
snow forecast showing 35 cms of snow in courchevel next monday!!! snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
Big fluffy flakes at 800m in Bozel this morning.... woohoo!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
looks like a decent dump already in La Tania...

latest report
It certainly dumped yesterday! Although we are not there at the moment, neighbours tell us we have snow in the village (650m) ....

..... (I mean the village is at 650m altitude, not that we had 650m of snow Shocked )
latest report
Ha - that would keep upi going for a while!! snowHead
snow report
Went for a skin up Courchevel today for a look and here are some photos.. 2nd & 3rd tracks down Combe des Pylones in knee-deep powder - woohoo!!
On the flip side the base is definitely thin, and alot more is needed to set up the season...

Bottom of Biollay:

The new 'Verdons funpark':

Bottom of Saulire:

Sous le Télé:

Combe des Pylones:

Bit more info on my blog: http://offpisteskiing.blogspot.com _ sorry not enough time to copy it all here...!!!
snow conditions
And a little video here:

http://youtube.com/v/5RqBlQkkpSw
ski holidays
offpisteskiing, nice pictures, thanks! snowHead I'm off to Courchevel on 10 Jan so will be keeping a keen eye on this thread Very Happy
snow conditions
cathy, me too! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
offpisteskiing, I, like you, cannot understand why they have put the funpark in that section of Verdons. The rollers and bumps were a fabulous fun area and a great place for new skiers to experience fun and uneven terrain.

A quite barmy decision Puzzled Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Nice vid - looks fun Cool
ski holidays
I'm heading out on the 16th of Jan, so i will be checking in often.

Getting excited now, hope Christmas gets out the way soon! Toofy Grin
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
offpisteskiing, I, like you, cannot understand why they have put the funpark in that section of Verdons. The rollers and bumps were a fabulous fun area and a great place for new skiers to experience fun and uneven terrain.

A quite barmy decision Puzzled Crying or Very sad

So is that whole area fenced off now?? with pistes running around it?? I'd hope it was only the higher steeper areas?? Or if they are truely going to make it family friendly fun park it could work out???

I had a heck of a shock when I went up a large roller to find no snow on the top last Easter!!
snow report
Just sat waiting for the chunnel on the way to 3v's for some early season snow. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy