Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead
It's raining at the moment at 700m, snow forecast for much of the day above around 1500m, Poor visibility and mixed conditions for most of the day yesterday.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Glorious day today, weather forecast was completely wrong. On and off-piste fantastic, very quiet, slightly overcast with many sunny spells
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rain below 1800m today, with fine, wet snow at Val T. Very poor visibility, with lower slopes the busiest I've seen for a long time ..... came home early Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Glorious day today, sunshine, excellent snow conditions, although busier than last week
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Patch, yes, was fully expecting it to be a bit quieter, but saw some of the biggest queues I've seen this feb today!!
Snow was excellent above 2300, with some heavy but very pleasant powder over a varying base... Surprisingly good considering the original forecasts for the weekend...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Patch, offpisteskiing, this is when VT has such an advantage over everywhere else because of its height. If the wind didn't mess things up you guys are surely in for a treat over the next few days.... Jealous!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bobinch, Going to spend the day at ValTo tomorrow ........ Pures, Redeemers or Preachers??? .... decisions, decisions

offpisteskiing, are you running a course this week, or "free skiing"?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Patch, Steep Vanoise II in full effect this week... (ie hard at work...)
bobinch, VT & Orelle were great today - top of Mottaret wasn't too shabby either + forecast looks more positive for the rest of the week, could be good!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
offpisteskiing, I imagine Combe sans nom and Lac du Lou from Mont Brequin would be in good condition. Probably some water skiing possibilities at the bridge too....
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was idly 'thumbing through' the SCGB site for a 3V snow report, and came across this numpty. He made me laugh. http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/snowreports/snowreport.aspx/Meribel
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bobinch wrote:
If the wind didn't mess things up you guys are surely in for a treat over the next few days....
The wind did mess us up Sad ... yesterday was excellent off-piste (don't know if the piste was any good wink ), today, rubbish !
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bit of a come down today after the awesome conditions yesterday (see La pLagne snow report..).
Flat light, heavier snow, warm... still managed to find some nice creamy powder in the North couloir on Aiguille du Fruit...
Skinning up in relatively good visibility (for today):

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Poor visibility today, with average snow conditions, but it's currently snowing moderately down to 1000m. I was skiing on the Stade at Meribel at 6.30pm, and the fresh snow is already feeling good .... if it keeps up for a few more hours, with sunshine forecast tomorrow, it could be a classic day
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cold today, but mostly sunny.... slopes empty. Snow on-piste generally in excellent condition - combe de saulire was excellent first thing this morning, with nobody else on it
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Winter returned with a vengeance yesterday - windy & cold but gradually clearing as the day went on...

We took a little trip through the Col du Biol to Pralognan..:

Great snow in Les Glacerets:

Kick-turn-tastic up to the Col du Biol:

And not a track to be seen on the other side... other than a Chamois track heading for the Couloir des Chamois (funnily enough)...

GrahamN:

norris:

The huge slope below the couloir was perfect powder on a variable base... followed by a bit of tree skiing and finally a relaxing path back down to some welcome beers in Pralognan...! Happy days...!

Due to stay cold this week, so most things North facing should stay in good nick.

A few more pics from the Col du Biol and loads more words at http://offpisteskiing.blogspot.com
latest report
Winter returned with a vengeance this week, very very cold, loads of wind early in the week which has left a lot of the off-piste in a rather sorry state... Have spent the last few days trying to track down some reasonable snow between the wind-crust and sastrugi... still some softer snow to be found if you can keep out of the sun & where things have been sheltered from the wind... equally lower South faces are starting to 'spring up', but with the current cold temps you need to be dropping below 2000m & well in the sun for this.

Pistes seem to be holding out OK - Courchevel this morning everything on piste was in great nick, but quite firm by mid-afternoon...
ski holidays
offpisteskiing, those pictures from Saturday look great!
snow report
Was in Meribel monday and tuesday.
Flippin cold and on piste it was very very firm and polished indeed (some might even say icy!). They had even roped off a couple of black slopes as being too dangerous to ski as they were so icy.

Some sheltered off piste was lovely chalky grippy stuff and some was sun and wind hardened crust...awful.

Take your sharp edges and wrap up warm.
snow conditions
Bit warmer the last couple of days (more like a normal March...), pistes still in great shape, and off piste starting to 'spring-up' nicely - 900m of perfect corn in the Combe Sans Nom today - spring snow happiness all the way to the aptly-named Notre Dame des Anges, and a little top up off the SW side of Mt Vallon in the afternoon.
The clear weather looks like its due to stay for a while, so with the right timing there should be some good skiing to be had...
snow report
offpisteskiing, I think I love you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy (I'm out tomorrow.)
snow conditions
And some pics of the last couple of days:

Skinning to Pt Mt Blanc:

Nice views:

Nice table d'orientation:

Reasonable snow too:

Combe Sans Nom:

500m of spring snow down...500 to go:

Notre Dame des Anges:

ski holidays
Hurtle, Steady now...!! Happy
latest report
offpisteskiing, Laughing Laughing
Gorgeous photos, btw.
ski holidays
A few cms of fresh this morning which was a pleasant surprise!!
Great conditions on piste first thing, though the 'firm' base was reappearing quite quickly, but generally good skiing to be had all over Courchevel & Meribel (assume it was similar in VT today too..). Should be nice once the new stuff has been mixed in to the old top layer by the piste machines tonight...
ski holidays
Got back yesterday from Meribel. Had a great week, very cold at first but very sunny except Tuesday pm and Wednesday am. By the end of the week many of the hard scrappy pistes at the end of the day had softened up. Best skiing as always seemed to be in Courchevel and VT. Skied down to Meribel Village, La Tania, 1550 and snow OK down there, someone who went to 1300 said it was very icy. Enjoyed stopping in Meribel and a different perspective of the 3V, still finding runs I haven't been down or didn't know existed Very Happy

Unless I can blag a weekend in Scotland probably my last skiing for the season Crying or Very sad
snow report
Sounding lovely, hopefully will hold up through next week while I'm out there. Keep up the excellent reports.
snow conditions
offpisteskiing, Pistes were in immaculate condition on the upper slopes IN VT today & nicely uncrowded. Off piste was considerably less friendly however in certain limited places where it had all ready been cut up so there was no satsrugi to deal with it was passable. Shame it doesn't look like we'll get any more than that this week. I'm about in les menuires foe the week if you fancy meeting up for a beer or a ski. Planning on heading to Courchevel tomorrow to see it there's anything doing.
snow report
offpisteskiing,
Nice photos - what Camera are you using ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
frank4short, will pm you
snow conditions
marksovereign, it's a bog standard pentax point & shoot .. (optio s40 I think). Seems to do the job - but very slow start-up and between shots..
snow report
Forecast looks good for my week out there next week... snowHead
latest report
offpisteskiing wrote:
marksovereign, it's a bog standard pentax point & shoot .. (optio s40 I think). Seems to do the job - but very slow start-up and between shots..

well its not doing a bad job ! - nice photos
snow conditions
Here's hoping for fantastic snow/ weather from this coming weekend!!! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
michaelminhatkinson wrote:
Here's hoping for fantastic snow/ weather from this coming weekend!!! Toofy Grin

keep hoping, forecasts currently leaning towards rain/snow over the weekend....
latest report
Beautiful day today, sunny and quite cold - some pistes a little hard, but mostly very good. Much fun had skiing with Frosty the Snowman and his entourage.
snow report
Hurtle, yes a terrific day. Fantastic snow in places. Even right down to st Martin at 5pm.
Hope to meet up again tomorrow for some more fun Very Happy
snow conditions
Went over to courchevel from les menuires today. Had a bit of fun on some off piste lines but the snow quality was questionable at best, off piste. Took a look at the grand couloir just for the sake of it but it looked like the mogul run from hell so decided to bail down one of the other less well travelled couloirs in the immediate vicinity.

Afterwards spun back to val thorens to cruise pistes with a mate & as per the day before they were in excellent condition.

In summary unless you know some secret spots in the 3 valleys it would appear to me anyway that Val Thorens is the place to head for.
ski holidays
Top conditions on piste in Courchevel today - first hour of the morning was as good as it gets - firm, grippy and no-one about...
ski holidays
super snow on piste in VT. A fantastic day, made even better by the fact that Hurtle could not finish her pizza at lunch, and I was no hand to assist Very Happy
Will definitely head for VT in the morning.
We caught 1st lift up to La Masse and had the most magnificent snow for our 1st run which we all hammered down. Quite special.
snow conditions
Darn darn darn... not fair... and I only arrive this weekend when things start to get worse! Sad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy