Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead
So I got an email about a dump alert. I guess with the lack of posts everybody is out skiing. Whats it like?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
3V is in great shape - the recent refresh was good (but not absolutely needed) and today was great skiing. Guess this shows that despite not being the pretty Alpine villages, the 3V is hard to beat when it comes to the skiing . . . . .

Now there is plently of snow, time for some cold but sunny days . . . . .
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great conditions out today... cool and clear, quiet in resort, and fresh snow to be skied on a new pair of skis ... what more can you ask for!!

Courchevel couloirs in great nick, though starting to get skied out by late morning there is still plenty of scope for untracked if you know where to look..!!
A few pics from the Curé this morning:

Mrs offpisteskiing following my trench up to the Curé col:

Nice scenery:

And did I mention the powder?:

Bit more info at http://offpisteskiing.blogspot.com
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
offpisteskiing, how hairy is the top section where you have to put on skis? I have never been up there and fancy a go at the Cure Coulior but I am afraid of heights and get very nervy on ridges Embarassed . how would it compare to say getting to the col du fruit in terms of exposure?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimottaret, Its normally fine. The boot-pack up can feel quite steep if you're not used to that kind of thing.. It can be a bit balancey putting skis on but the other side is no steeper than the side you climb up & generally there is a reasonable platform on one side or the other. If you've been round to Col du Fruit you should be fine.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
offpisteskiing, thanks! i am skiing with a mate over the 1/2 term who knows the couloirs quite well and will give it a go.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Only problem now is if I can actually get out there..........
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't say that, we're due to fly out to La Tania on Sunday, Gatwick is currently closed, really worried now Sad I have already checked that our insurance covers cancellations due to adverse weather conditions, which it does, but I want to ski, I don't want to be stuck here!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm in the same boat fly out from Leeds on Sat. Touch wood minimal snow has been forcast for late Thursday and Friday I just hope it gets less icy and the roads have been cleared by then.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rhodesm, main roads around Leeds are fine, LBA is experiencing delays due to a few more inches topup last night...

keep an eye on this page http://www.leedsbradfordairport.co.uk/newsandupdates-announcements.php

However it's started to snow again just now....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi All, I have another question, my friends and I are heading out on sat. One is a avid Liverpool fan and I am Spurs fan. Guess what they play on Sunday at 4pm. Where is likely to be showing the game?

Thanks
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rhodesm, Where are you staying?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Rhodesm - Which resort are you staying in, i can only talk about Meribel (as i havn't stayed in others) but most bars have sky and will be adverstising the game so you will have no problems finding somewhere to watch it
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great day today - the sea of clouds which was forecast up to 3000m on the radio actually turned out to be at 1500m, perfect blue skies above and lots of light fluffy powder everywhere!!! Wooohoooo... Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Great to hear!!! Will be there on Sunday snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
cathy Good luck with flights I hope things ease of down there and you manage to make it.

Everybody If you get a chance some friends of mine are gigging around meribel, they are call Hobo Chic. Check them out I guarantee you'll have a cracking night.

Cheers
snow conditions
Is the road link from Merebel to La Tania open in the winter? - its been about 10 years since I was there, and have just this minute booked to go for w/c 16th. Don't fancy paying to go all the way around the bottom if we get stuck.. looking for gigging bands!
latest report
JimW Can't help you with the road as I'm not that familiar with it. However the band I know out there will appeal to everybody, they really know how to create an atmosphere and get the pub shaking. They play songs you'll know with their own unique style over the top. Check them out at their MySpace page although admittedly this is not as up to date as it could be.

Thanks
snow report
JimW, yes
snow report
JimW, who are you going to see?
ski holidays
I'm in La Tania w/c 16th too, wouldn't mind seeing a band either.

I'll also have a hire car, but if I'm out in the evening I won't be driving Cool
ski holidays
kitenski,

well it was this Hobo Chic that rhodesm was talking about...

offpisteskiing, ahha - useful, so a taxi might be a possible then. Thanks. Mind you, with catered chalet, hot tubs etc. and full skiing days, it might be a little tricky to persuade the weary bones out and round the mountain.

Mosha Marc, I'll have the snowHead T-shirt on when in the bars so look out for us!
snow report
Road from La Tania to Meribel is open all winter with no problems.
snow report
Hi Guys,

Sat on the plane at the airport waiting to leave for chambrey. Warning anybody flying into chambrey is likely to be heavily delayed. Chambrey has bad weather and is struggling to accept flights. The French solution is to reduce/stagger the flights from source. We were ment to depart at 9am but have been told we are in ready mode but a current arrival slot is 7pm! Good luck to you all!
ski holidays
rhodesm, good luck. I suppose that's good news and bad news.

Bad 'cos it's a right royal PITA.

Good 'cos it means snow snowHead
snow report
rhodesm, not good for tomorrow Sad , thankfully we're an early flight 07:05 from Manchester, so hopefully we'll be near the top of the queue, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
latest report
I'm about to head to B'ham for the 4pm TO flight to Chambery! (enroute to Val T)

They had a (scheduled?) BE flight left 2 hrs late this morning.....my mate is on the road but said that Reims, to Dijon is clear, and roads are fine....

No word from Chambery airport either on the web....fingers crossed that there is a gap in the weather over there at Chambery?
snow conditions
rhodesm, stevew, psbbst, good luck!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good luck to all of us bound for the 3V today or tomorrow!
snow report
cathy, thanks
snow conditions
Sat in bar in VT, still snowing has been quite light. Visablity is very poor over here other valleys have been better earlier in week, looks like it's gonna be sunny on Monday and Tuesday then back to a pea souper for the test of the week
snow conditions
Flight cancelled all flights into chambrey are cancelled today, I'm guessing we will go tomorrow but I would advise all those flying to chambrey to call their airline
snow report
rhodesm, Sorry to hear that but it looks like Chambery flights are still expected at Gatwick and the airline are saying all as sheduled so I am going to set off rolling eyes
snow report
I'm sat here @ B'ham tapping away on my iPhone. We checked in for TO flight to Chambery at 4pm, but boarding is delayed due to bad weather at Chambery. Another annoncement is expected in 20mins.

Can anyone supply more news or info about the French end?

Doesn't look like we are going anywhere fast!

Will check back again later!
ski holidays
psbbst, snowing in Chambery with not much sign of a let up.............
latest report
Thanks redrunmarcus! Would appreciate it if anyone has updated information! We'll have to just wait and wait and wait till we have more news!
snow report
Was there the prdedicted dump over the 3V today?

Heading out next Friday so all info welcome
latest report
Quote:

Was there the prdedicted dump over the 3V today

I was wondering that, too. Certainly wasn't here - not that far as the snow flies. Very light and reluctant snow, but terrible visibility (and that was the problem down in Chambery, I think - fog, not snow). Very odd weather, clearly difficult to forecast. We were forecast snow last night, and this morning, and heavy cloud cover but at the moment it looks rather pleasant with lots of clear sky and there was only v light snow overnight. But it's very cold, so the snow has kept in excellent condition.
snow report
keep an eye on

http://metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/snow_forecast.asp?resortID=40 - I find these guys not a bad guide

and

http://www.valthorens.com/ - webcam and forecast is pretty good
snow report
rjb, pam w, nope not particularly - mostly cause the depression drifted south so the weather came in from the wrong direction... Some fresh, but not the apocalyptic snowfall that was predicted earlier in the week...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy