Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier Snow Report 2009-2010

Poster: A snowHead
snowymum, much too warm at the moment I think, but here's hoping.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rode for 3 hours today en famille.
i dont know what people are moaning about (yes lots are moaning here) i had a great day! Much rather slushy piste to ice solid piste, and slushy it was, all the way up and back down again! Still we had a faboulus day with not many people on the piste. Snowing a bit at the top and a few drops of rain when we came down.

My little girl did her first rail in the melezone today on ski's, very proud mummy moment! snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
J2Ski reporting 26cm over today, Friday and Saturday with freezing temp down to 1200-1400m......fingers crossed Cool snowHead

Anyone able to confirm this first hand Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Test Happy (via SMS)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chasseur, have just arrived back inside . We had a late start due to julesb's neck keeping him awake in the early hours. Raining in the village, but turned to snow midway up the Bachas (about 1750m). Snowing most of the morning above there, and snow was good although visibility terrible. (Yret was closed) . Below in the trees was sugary but quite smooth as there was hardly anyone around. So so quiet. Not a bad day at all
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Helen! Hope you remember me, we stayed at yours last August for a week while our chalet was still under construction. Just to let you know we finally took possession Christmas week and were out in February (even used my monoski) Laughing . We're back again for 2 weeks on 1 April so hopefully there will still be some reasonable snow, at least in the mornings, and we can get the full use of our first ever season liftpass. Now there's a 30 year ambition realised! Regards, Steve (the Kneehighninja)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Currently pelting down with snow in the village, top lifts are closed, and I can just see across the road that the bottom lift (Aya) is moving (only opens in bad weather). I can't see as far as Bachas chair, too much snow coming down. Top lifts all closed on Monetier side.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Helen Beaumont, now that sounds a bit more like it wink A nice white reception for our arrival tomorrow early pm Cool snowHead snowHead snowHead

Thanks for the update and look forward to meeting up next week Very Happy Hope julesb's neck eases up - sound uncomfortable Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sun came out while we were eating our lunch, and the lifts opened again , so headed straight off on our skis. Fabulous fresh snow and glorious sunshine Happy Chasseur neck is better now the snow is good wink .
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helen Beaumont,
Sounding good, 1 week to go not that I'm counting
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
T Bar, of course not !!! Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fanbloodytastic blue sky powder afternoon - pictures and more here http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/serrechevalierthirdweek.html

Weather though looking very very volatile over the next 5 days
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Up early first lifts at Monetier - great morning - ok viz very much on and off but snow much deeper - lost count of how many descents either side of the Yret chair - came back and had the afternoon off and still snowing - back up their early again tomorrow pictures etc at http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/serrechevalierfourthweek.html
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Weathercam, we did much the same thing. Should be good tomorrow. Yesterday afternoon was unbellievable after the awful morning. NO pics, hubby left the camera behind in the UK.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Helen Beaumont,

Getting better all of the time and six days to go though I'm still not counting.
ski holidays
snowing most of the day. 10cm up top this morning. more now!
still snowing heavily

Its the Derby tomorrow and hopefully our Urban trash team will will the ski/snowboard group. fingers crossed guys
snow report
Wow! Still snowing and has since before we arrived. Sun forecast tomorrow so a great day in store. From those I've chatted to the top up was much needed and very welcome.

No delays getting here from Heathrow. All in all one of the best outward trips I've ever had!

Report tomorrow Happy (via SMS)
snow conditions
Great news! My flight is about 6am Sunday from LGW (not forgetting the clocks go forward while I'm on the way there-ouch!) so I'm hoping I should be there by lunchtime all being well! Very Happy Hope there are still fresh tracks to be had snowHead
snow report
Snowed most of the morning yesterday and was powder-tastic in the afternoon which made the appalling conditions in the morning worth it. Didn't go out this morning, but was snowing when we left at lunchtime.

I really enjoyed Serre Che, will be back maybe!
ski holidays
A few pics from last week. The sunny days were Tuesday and Friday afternoon.

ski holidays
Cool photos.
snow report
nice one dave, brought back some great memories of my trip.
ski holidays
Another hard day at the office even if it was the weekend!

Actually it was damn hard as I did a longish run in the afternoon.

But up for first lifts from Monetier and stuck to the untracked piste for the first couple of runs enabling the Mrs to work on her technique.

More pics and Pooch the Jack Russels blog at http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/serrechevalierfourthweek.html
ski holidays
Oh oh oh! What a powder day yesterday! 1st lift up and played in virgin snow. Brilliant Happy

A bit overcast this morning, but should clear up and time to grab a lift. Bye Happy (via SMS)
ski holidays
Chasseur, oh don't tell me that! My car broke down early Sun morning/Saturday night so I missed my flight! Sad Neilson didn't have any availability on another flight for a week they said as it's the end of the season! So I've had to get my own flight and transfer sorted so I'm flying from LGW Tuesday morning to Grenoble. By time I get there by public transport then it will be about 8pm Tuesday. Sigh. At least I will be able to ski Wed, Thurs, Fri and Sat though. Even if I'd got my flight on Sunday morning the first ski day wouldn't have been until Monday anyway, so only missing 2 days. Better than not being able to go. I can't claim on my travel insurance for the whole amount and not go either as for cancellation you have to be ill or have an accident or something. Whole thing's been a right palava.
Still, I shall be there skiing Wed morning all being well Very Happy
latest report
VolkL call me on 0044 7889 720 565 I have my daughter flying into Grenoble Tues morning Easy Jet - and have a transfer sorted - though weather might be an issue!

As for today fun n'games searching for the "right" type of snow!

More in the blog http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/serrechevalierfourthweek.html
snow report
Is this really Spring? Dumped again last night. Right down to resort. This is some of the best late season skiing I've seen!

Yesterday had an off piste lesson in knee deep un tracked powder :-)

Temperatures low so today could be stunning. Just need the sun to reappear.... (via SMS)
snow report
Still snowing up in Monetier Happy, but we're off home this morning Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont,
Really sorry to hear about the early return, hope all is well.
snow conditions
Well what a day! I awoke to find about 5-10cm of snow right down to Chantemerle at 1300m so there was probably going to be a fair bit further up! There was indeed. It was poor visibility to start with but it cleared up at about 11.00/midday ish and I've skied boot deep to knee deep powder ever since depending on where I went. Best powder day so far for me since I started skiing in 2006 I think.

So glad I got here in the end after the nightmare on Sunday morning! Was all worth it in the end.
snow report
Big couple of days in La Grave - up there with some of the best ever days - serious gnarly stuff - little you tube vid up but with the amount of footage will be doing a longer one
http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/serrechevalierfourthweek.html

Girly's had a great day skiing the untracked on the deserted slopes of Monetier
snow report
Fecked for the rest of the trip, but lucky to be alive after going over a cliff in Montagnolle blog here http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/serrechevalierfifthweek.html
snow report
What a week! Superb conditions owing to regular top ups. Yesterday was amazing - bluebird :-)

14cm predicted either this afternoon/evening which bodes well for those coming out. Runs to resort were certainly heavy lower down but very manageable.

Overall, the mountain coverage was excellent with very few bare or thin areas. Plenty of untracked off piste to be had.

What a shame to be leaving it. A week just isn't enough!

Enjoy for those heading out this week. (via SMS)
ski holidays
Just waiting for bus to take us back to the airport-shan't miss the flight this time or everyone else will miss it as well! Its been dumping down since yesterday lunchtime and there's already masses of snow here to see them through to the end of the season so if anyone is coming out next week the conditions will continue to be fabulous.
snow report
Masses of fresh snow, ave risk v high and top lifts closed so strictly a piste day for me. On about the third chair this morning so somenice firsttracks in powder on piste.
ski holidays
T Bar, I heard rumours of up to 70cm of fresh above 1900m. Do enjoy it

snowHead
latest report
Strong NW'ly wind this morning resulting in many of the top lifts being shut, though can see a couple of the higher chairs working. Just back from a nice hike up the South side above La Salle, been on the feet for 2 1/2 hrs - was hoping to be back on skis tomorrow but think that may be a bit ambitious Sad

This strong wind is going to cause a few problems me thinks..........

Mrs is out with my daughter so they must be enjoying the conditions.
snow report
Helen Beaumont wrote:
T Bar, I heard rumours of up to 70cm of fresh above 1900m. Do enjoy it

snowHead

Could be 70cm certainly masses of it and great fun. Quite a lot of wind pack and high Ave risk though so having to be pretty cautious and avoiding anything steep. Absolutely stunning April conditions not even a hint of slush at Monetier this afternoon.
snow conditions
T Bar, Cool Cool
ski holidays
Fairly warm today but superb skiing everywhere in the morning and high inthe afternoon. Will beseasonally spring like at lower altitudes tomorrow. The cover is fantastic. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy