Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier Snow Report 2009-2010

Poster: A snowHead
It's that time of year - just starting to get the itch again....

It's been a couple of years since we've been to SC - and we're thinking of returning, so need to get the snow report going.

Any sign of the white stuff yet?

Thanks,

SM
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shockingmoment, not yet, still pleasant and warm apparently, but temperatures are apparently dropping, and there may be a sprinkling on the tops by the weekend.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looking forward to seeing this thread develop. We'll be back in Serre Che for New Year.

snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowHead

Can't wait for the pictures and reports to come.

I'll probably be about in March for a week.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

Webcam pic of La bachas
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Something amusing about seeing cows by the lift.

Had a fantastic weeks skiing early March this year, and going back March 2010. I am doing a snow dance as I write this.....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tony_H, even more amusing seeing them on the terrace of your favourite mountain restaurant. Anyway, they've gone now.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I must have posted it in `last years` thread, but I am returning to SC on the 9th of January!!
-Im so excited I even tried my boots on the other day!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Questions moved to this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=55901
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
hello people! how was your summer?
Well you'll be pleased to know a few flakes fell on fri/sat night, nothing to write home about, and its snowing slightly up very high right now.

so we are on our way however i'm not sure it will show on webcams just yet!

still got to start somewhere
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowangel., absolutely. After spending most of last season with the best snow for 10 years at home, we are looking forward to this season rather more than usual, if that is possible.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowangel., hey glad to hear you had a good summer - looking forward to getting that big powder gun out again I bet. afraid we probably won't be heading to SC this year (unless you know of anyone offering good english speaking childcarefor infants and toddlers?) - but wishing you a great and snowy season and hopefully hook up again sometime
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lib-banana, my friend Melanie suggested someone to a SnowHead a couple of years ago (might have been Talltone). Not sure if he used them or not, but I can find out for you. The local creche in Chantemerle has been recommended by a few people on here too.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont, Hi Helen - that would be great if you know of anyone that I can look into - would love to have a good excuse to revisit SC - at the moment we ar elooking at Puy St Vincent - a very good operator goes there - snowbizz - great for the kids but the mountains aren't quite big enough!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Can you see what I can see on the webcam pic above snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
lib-banana, i can rent you out my nanny for the week she's awesome!

oh and by the way

snow covered prorel this morning! whoooopie, thats snow to about 1800m, the rhumer in the valley is it will snow down to the valley level on saturday.
we'll see eh!
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, yes it was me, and yes we did use her, and yes the girls did have a fabulous time Smile

lib-banana, give Pippa a call. She runs the Snowgums apartments and can be contacted through the site contact page. You don't have to stay in the apartments to use her services - we were in Villeneuve with Neilsen, and she came to collect the girls (which she offered free-of-charge with - I think - three sessions booked, not sure if she still does this). Recommended!
ski holidays
TallTone, ah yes I know of snowgums - could be an option, I'll have another look at that.

snowangel., result! are you serious?
snow report
great news. is the ground freezing yet?
snow report
Yes very you met her last year with me. The blond Ozzie.
She's desperate for more money as aupairing doesn't pay that great. I trust her with my life let alone winter's.

It's mighty cold here today
snow conditions
snowangel., i'd better ask Mel to pop up to Monetier and crank up the underfloor heating, we're coming out at the end of next week to sort out a few things.
snow report
snowangel., cool, I'l bear that in mind and have a chat with the boss - is she based in Chantemerle? Could she handle a 8 month old and a 3 year old on her own!?
ski holidays
It still seems to be falling.
snow report
lib-banana, yes and yes! She's 24 and very responsible, in the summer she is a stewardess on private charter boats. In the 4 years i've known her she's babysat for everyone in the valley and this year is my aupair. She would have no problems with a 8month and 3year old. If your interested i'll give you her phone number or email and you can talk to her direct and i'll work my daughter around your needs, if its no problem with you and we clash she could always bring Winter with her.

Helen Beaumont, its peeing it down in the valley but i reckon its at about 1600m looking at the line on the luc.
snow conditions
Sleeting at chalet level (1400) Very Happy
snow report
http://forums.serreche-ski.net/index.php?showtopic=97&pid=9557&st=940&#entry9557

snow in St. Chaffrey!
snow report
Christopher, snowHead
latest report
white valley! the boys were out till 1am last night mucking around with the snow skate and quad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowangel., snowHead
snow conditions
And that webcam pic above just says it all.... snowHead
latest report
and we're off to go riding right now! pics on return
snow report
sweet
snow conditions
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/kimblewig/PA220055.jpg?t=1256224955
view from le Casse to the lauteret
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/kimblewig/PA220079.jpg?t=1256225062
the boy is back on his board
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/kimblewig/PA220199.jpg?t=1256225125
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/kimblewig/PA220063.jpg?t=1256225179
and me being pulled by the quad!

great fun day in the snow
ski holidays
Oh and there are a few flakes falling right now
ski holidays
snowangel., nice to see Liam has recovered. And great to see the snow back.
ski holidays
snowangel., the url to your chalet doesn't work. It tries to redirect you to www.theridersretreat.co.uk but this address doesn't seem to exist.
latest report
snowangel., Helen Beaumont, hey guys do you know anyone that does transfers from Grenoble? internet quotes for 4 (2 adults plus 2 kids) are coming out at 900 euros! I can hire a car for 300! Puzzled
snow conditions
lib-banana, have you tried http://alpine-transfer-company.com/ or http://www.altibus.com/ . There is also a bus from Grenoble train station, but might be a bit of a faff with kids.
ski holidays
ajl, i'm only doing seasonairs now had forgotton the link was still there must go and remove it.
lib-banana, you'd be better off to hire a car it will still cost you about 300 each way.
latest report
Helen Beaumont, thanks for that - I had looked at their sites for quotes - still expensive for 4 of us

snowangel., yeah thats kind of what I thought - not sure if we wanna do that though - bloody hell its getting hard to get to SC these days!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy