Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier Snow Report 2009-2010

Poster: A snowHead
YEEEEEEEE...FECKIN ...HAAAAAA
I will be hitting the Serre Che slopes on Sunday ( probably hitting La Grotte bar on Saturday night ).
C'Mon you folks out there...what are the conditions like...on piste ...off piste ..resort runs...hard...soft...icy ...will you please tell me...i'm sooooo excited.....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bit of Piste Posing today
http://youtube.com/v/ZTIHx3lXXpo working on the technique - damn poles Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
today was awesome. all the off piste severly tracked so i didn't bother.

Piste was just so good and relatively empty! just got my camera back, not riding till monday but will try to post some pics after
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
More posing today
http://youtube.com/v/HAuW9A big day (hopefully) tomorrow Col Du Granon - South Facing slope / mountain above Villeneuve / Chantermerle
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
solstice21, Hi Soltice 21, Just a quick question that you probably don't know tha answer to! We're off to Villeneuve on Saturday staying right by the Aravet lift. We're taking a relative beginner with us and wondered if any of the drags near there were free. No point him pre-ordering a lift pass if he doesn't need one for a while. The drag near there seems to be called Monkey???It would be great if that was free. Anyone out there who can help? Thanks.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowsnail, I assume you mean Mickey not monkey. You could ask the ski school which lift pass he needs to buy or check out the tourist office website. http://www.serre-chevalier.com/Beginners
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Last year we had a couple of beginers out and you could get a debutante pass that gave them a couple of blues and the gondola from Aravet
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowsnail, forfait debutant- depends on where your staying or going from.

chantemerle - once up eggs or cable car, all day on tapi and teleski
villeneuve - mickey, once up aravet, tapis at aravet, livet and teleski at bottom of casse de beouf.

these two cost 15.50 per day

monetier, bottom of piste
briancon up mountain but very limited,
not sure of prices of these as i dont work in either ticket office so we never sell them!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Great day touring above Villeneuve today spectacular views back across to Serre stations - climbed 1,200ms in 3hrs so a wee bit tired - seasonaires in the bar have never been up there - why?

Put some photos of today up in the Gallery http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/serrechevaliergallery2010.html and panorama video
http://youtube.com/v/VRBpwMBex-M from the summit blog here http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/serrechevaliersecondweek.html

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 14-03-10 21:22; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowangel., I think Monetier is about 11€.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just been having a look at some of the snow reports elsewhere and the depths look as though they've dropped quite a bit over the last week. Upper was 285 now 220 and lower was 125 now 80 Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chasseur, diven't fret man, still plenty to ski on.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowsnail, sorry to take so long to reply and I think Snowangel has answered your question. Have a good 1!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great day today - back to being a Gay on a Tray - probably some of the best piste conditions you can get - great snow and no people

Video of today and the piste etc http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/serrechevaliersecondweek.html
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Weathercam,can't wait to be out there, we're arriving one week today
snow report
I will be there soon an' all!
snow report
totally awesome day, i dont think i've seen such good conditions ALL OVER as at the moment. The frejus run is always crap conditions, icy, no snow, moguls etc, today it was perfect!
did the bosse a joule as we have some friends here, even though it was totally tracked out (as is pretty much all of the accessable off piste) we traversed high through the trees the other side of it and found some nice pow.

Not the only trees we found nice pow in, trees from casse de beouf to under frejus lift totally amazing hardly any tracks in it.

And yes i took some photo''s and i will try to post them very soon!
latest report

view over to the clot gautier from some secret trees! wink

view from the top of the bosse a joules

view saturday of the mountain from the other side.

this is on the sunny side of the valley, there is still at least 30+ cm and more than enough to play with the quad!

snowHead
snow report
Thats what we are talking about snowangel.! Cant wait till Saturday!,
latest report
Should the rising forecasted temps be a worry?
snow report
looks like it is rising the late part of this week then falling again from next monday onwards. hope it does as im there then!
ski holidays
snowangel., nice pics - thanks. Just enough of a fix to tied me over for a week and a half...... snowHead Cool
ski holidays
Went over to Puy St Vincent today as we get three days over there with our season passes plus our mates get one day on their weekly pass - really nice over there, again superb conditions......

Temps are rising and was a bit of soup around later in the afternoon at lower altitude, but still plenty of snow. Could be some rain on Friday with freezing levels at 3000ms so not too good but that's what you expect this time of year.

Doing a big classic tour tomorrow up from the Col du Lautaret so hopefully rising temps will result in some great spring snow for the descent.

Daily blog & photos/video up and running http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/

Next week have a guide booked for Thursday as I have more freinds coming out plus a friend who's a ski instructress in Puy for Wed - all subject to weather etc
latest report
Quote:

Could be some rain on Friday with freezing levels at 3000ms so not too good but that's what you expect this time of year.

not really - it's rather more what I expect in mid April. Mid March has been fantastic for the last several ( 6 or 7) years.
ski holidays
Quote:

not really - it's rather more what I expect in mid April. Mid March has been fantastic for the last several ( 6 or 7) years.

ooh I hope so - we're off this weekend (to Puy), and I saw a weather report stating a bit of rain on Friday/Saturday Sad but it does look like there is still plenty of snow there
ski holidays
Not very promising forecasts.

Been nice for weeks, and just when I'm due to fly out....rain!
latest report
Where are you flying to? The Lauteret was blocked overnight by an 8 meter avalanche

http://youtube.com/v/e6VgA1c41_A
snow report
Grenoble - LOL....this is going to be interesting.

Our flight is quite late....hence I am sat here typing, but the coach still has to get from Serre Che to pick us up Sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dave_m wrote:
Grenoble - LOL....this is going to be interesting.

Our flight is quite late....hence I am sat here typing, but the coach still has to get from Serre Che to pick us up Sad

Supposed to be clear this morning but maybe slow going as the traffic is going through the avalanche tunnels. Have a good stay.
snow conditions
Just skiing in the rain, I'm skiing in the rain, what a wonderful feeling it is to be skiing in the rain Shocked

See the blog http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/serrechevalierthirdweek.html
snow conditions
Temps look as though they're falling this week with snow forecast down to 1550 towards end of week. How's it looking out there at the moment?
snow report
please let it stop raining and start snowing. We're off to montgenevre next week and it looks like rain on the resort webcam to me. (sorry I know this is is SC snow conditions but more people seem to post on this than the MG one.
latest report
Chasseur, arrived this afternoon, raining lightly in the village, cloudy and mild.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, well here's some crossed fingers for that rain to turn to snow.....and for our BA flight from Heathrow on Saturday to make it to Lyon....!!
snow conditions
Today was a beautiful warm and sunny day. There was some excellent spring snow, some firm corduroy and some slush, but never to the point of being porridge. Stayed in Monetier today, as I had a lesson with Gavin from Eurekaski, which as usual was excellent. Met christopher briefly at the bottom of the pistes at lunchtime, and we are heading over to Montgenevre with him tomorrow. Temps are forecast to fall, and some snow expected.
snow report
Please report back on Montgenevre Helen! Hope you have a good day skiing there.
ski holidays
Better today than yesterday, the sunshine has definitely lifted our spirits!!!

Good in the morning, not so good in the afternoon, but forecast says cold tonight and a bit of fresh snow for the week. Yippee!
latest report
Save some of that new snow for me....out there in 3 days woooohoooo snowHead snowHead snowHead

One of my work colleages just back from a 5 day trip to Montgenevre. All sounded quite positive with some good conditions on the whole.
snow report
Dull and cloudy all day in Montgenevre and Claviere , poor visibility (fog) at the top, and snow is very soft and sticky towards the village, really heavy going this afternoon, but that could be because of the wonderful Italian Lunch. Snow in Serre Chevalier was apparently good at the top, and slushy at the bottom according to our neighbours who've just got in.
ski holidays
Thanks fo the info on Montgenevre Helen. I'm hoping the clouds are snow clouds!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy