Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Borrowing a season pass

Poster: A snowHead
I would have thought if one can afford to ski one can afford not to cheat the system.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
robboj, You can usually buy 3 week or month passes that should be somewhere in between 2 10 day passes & a season just they tend not to advertise them as they're not the most common purchase.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Here's me displayed at Fieberbrunn ...

Pretty ghastly, eh Laughing

But I've seen myself on an even bigger screen in Zell am See, displayed for all to see above the lift entrance.

EDIT: That's NOT me in the, eh, swimming picture that appears adjacent when the above pic is shown in the snowMedia Zone rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think the lifties in Tignes have little pda type devices which show the photos of season-pass holders as they go through the gate.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just tell the liftie to rack off.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
wow i cant believe how many resorts seem to be hot on checking....I have skied in Valloire with a season pass for the last 5 years and have never had it checked, the lifties are gen busy chatting and smoking rather than studying their screens Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
espri, And I think the photo of you is such hat you would be quite recognizable

latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
frank4short, cheers for that, I'll email them and ask?

espri, looks like Chemmy and Julia Mancuso - caption competition anyone? or has it already been done?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well if you get caught in NZ it is a fraud charge and if you are wanting to travel the world it may affect your chances of getting entry visas to a number of countries. Always a few idiots busted every year. Just pay for it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hope the little runt gets busted. Clear Conscience indeed. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whitegold, and how do you propose to get past the turnstile when he's locked it, berk? Or can you levitate?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
robboj wrote:
Actually I think I'll just buy two 10 day passes. I've never been asked to show them before so for a saving of about 20 Euro it would probably be more hassle than its worth going by some of the accounts on here and the bother of sending money away in November to pay for it etc..

Don't season passes usually pay for themselves if you ski for more than 14days and buy 2 seven day passes??
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alastair Pink wrote:
Er - if your aim is to ski/board in different areas on slopes not covered by your season lift pass, that's precisely what you are doing! ie increasing the number of people (by one) on those slopes whose lift infrastructure you have not paid for. rolling eyes

no no no, that's my point - I'm swapping passes with someone else. So they will be skiing in 3V and I'll be skiing in their resort. If we don't swap, I'll be in 3V and they'll stay in their resort...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
d.brophy, thought everyone was clear on this, you can't do it. Which resort is you friend staying in?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
OK, I think d.brophy and I get the message! looks like there must be a few snowHead who are also shareholders in lift companies Puzzled

IMO, the OP's basic question is not different to many other threads on here along the lines of "how do I get around_________to save some cash?" For example I don't remember the last person who asked how to defraud an airline of an excess baggage charge getting some of the reponses we have seen in this thread.

I appreciate the thread has been visited by some of the usual wind up merchants and they deserve the comments they get. However, the way some replies on here are worded you would have thought d.brophy and I were asking how to commit mass murder and not get caught Shocked

It is clear I can't do what I had thought of legally and it is not worth the risk to chance it anyway, so my thanks to those who just politely answered the question.
latest report
d.brophy, one more time for the hard of thinking ..... YOUR PASS IS NON TRANSFERABLE. What part of this do you fail to understand?

robboj, I'm not a shareholder (DAL was up for sale this year, but unfortunately I couldn't scrape together the several million required, so it's likely to go to Compagnie des Alpes), but I do get a profit-share bonus at the end of the year, so it could be said that scammers are effectively pinching my money.
snow report
Lizzard, I don't think he quite gets it !!
snow conditions
robboj,

A forum exists to provide help to its members but not to help members to break the law or to commit illegal activities.

I have seen often visitors refusing pay by walking up the slope. That should be the advice.

It is not a matter of whether it can be done but more of something we should not attempt!
ski holidays
Actually I do get it! As I said before my thanks to those who politely answered questions or suggested other solutions.

I do hope the rest were not so shocked at the audacity of my question that they choked on their condescending or rude replies, or fell off their moral high ground Razz
ski holidays
robboj, It may be worth d.brophy, trying to commit fraud, it is his choice. what will be interesting is if he posts after his season.

He might do a one liner such as "you w@n@k@rs no nuffink". It might just also be "does anyone know of a bail bonds company in Courchevel!!"

Go for it but please let us know, no doubt the results will amuse us all!
snow report
d.brophy wrote:
fatbob, Lizzard, alex_heney, come on people - a little common sense please.

Technically maybe I'm considering something that the lift companies would see as fraud, but remember I'm considering swapping season passes with another seasonnaire for a week.

It's not like I'm increasing the number of people on the slopes... My conscience is completely clear on this one.

You have three options:-
1) Swap passes and risk having your season completely f*cked up (and your mate's season!) - they do check seasonnaires by making people remove head-gear, including beanies, goggles etc.
2) Use your season pass to buy a considerably discounted week pass in the other resort.
3) Use your free days that you get with a season pass (last season the Espace season pass gave 2 for Paradski, 2 for 3 Valleys & 1 for Saint Foy - uped to 2 during the season), then get discounted pass for remaning days.
ski holidays
Quote:

For example I don't remember the last person who asked how to defraud an airline of an excess baggage charge getting some of the reponses we have seen in this thread.

it's like that round here, a local forum for local people.....if you haven't had a holiday together...

Anyway you seem sensible enough to ignore most of them though and to take the good advice that as they show a pic at every lift it's probably not worth it, you might get away with it for a bit but the odds would be against you, spite them all and walk up Smile
ski holidays
d.brophy wrote:
fatbob, Lizzard, alex_heney, come on people - a little common sense please.

Technically maybe I'm considering something that the lift companies would see as fraud, but remember I'm considering swapping season passes with another seasonnaire for a week.

It's not like I'm increasing the number of people on the slopes... My conscience is completely clear on this one.

You have three options:-
1) Swap passes and risk having your season completely f*cked up (and your mate's season!) - they do check seasonnaires by making people remove head-gear, including beanies, goggles etc.
2) Use your season pass to buy a considerably discounted week pass in the other resort.
3) Use your free days that you get with a season pass (last season the Espace season pass gave 2 for Paradski, 2 for 3 Valleys & 1 for Saint Foy - uped to 2 during the season), then get discounted pass for remaning days.
ski holidays
Kenzie, Post it again for the really slow learners!! wink
latest report
Roy Hockley,

I wouldn't go that far. We all make effort to save money ourselves.
snow report
Quote:
My conscience is completely clear on this one.

I suppose we could always blame it on the parents.
ski holidays
robboj wrote:
Actually I do get it! As I said before my thanks to those who politely answered questions or suggested other solutions.

I do hope the rest were not so shocked at the audacity of my question that they choked on their condescending or rude replies, or fell off their moral high ground Razz

I doubt it. More that they don't like thieves.
snow report
saikee, No doubt we all like to save money, I am one of those. Do I break the law to save mone? No and probably most would not! I grant you that there are exceptions, some may even be decent snowHead s
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
robboj, I didn't say that you didn't get it , but replied to Lizzard's post wich suggested that the OP didn't.
snow report
Local told me when I lived in BSM '07-08 that you get blacklisted for life if caught...OTOH, my Paradiski season pass included 2 days at 3V and 2 days at Espace Killy, so maybe you can used these and avoid taking the risk. edit- didn't see this was already posted on 2nd page...last year in Breck & A-Basin, somehow my pass got flagged (while I was recovering from an ACL) and they asked my b-day at Breck and then for ID at A-B...
latest report
CEM wrote:
jeeeze, just when i thought we had got rid of most of the nutters on this site Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nope still a few to go Laughing Laughing
snow report
have a verbier locals season pass and invariably get my face checked when I'm wearing fancy dress or behaving in other "weekly-punter" type ways, have seen them removed and cancelled with full price being charged for the owner to get a new one.

not worth the risk I'd say Sad
snow report
robboj, your posts have been sensible - focusing on the practicalities. Your mate however just doesn't get it - doesn't see that this is fraud/theft.

Thing is - it does actually cost to run those lifts - rather a lot. And people who ride for free when they should have paid are making the rest of us pay more.

Simples snowHead
snow report
d.brophy, Although the photo isn't displayed on the 3V season pass itself, a photo IS taken of the owner, and it is displayed on the screen EVERY time you pass through a lift
snow conditions
The "Who's Who" in the snowHead lift pass debate

http://www.channel4.com/film/media/film/4x/D/dumb_and_dumber_xl_01.jpg
ski holidays
D. Brophy, there's some pretty sound advice amongst the above post's, i'd take it under consideration if i were you!
ski holidays
Quote:

I don't remember the last person who asked how to defraud an airline of an excess baggage charge

I don't remember the last person who asked how to defraud an airline of anything.
snow report
It's nice that we're such a fine, honest bunch on here...wouldn't dream of bending/breaking rules to save money, and if someone suggests some skiing related skullduggery we flame them.
Question. How many snowHeads have used the discount code for Holiday Autos, without actually having a One Account? I don't see any flaming happening here when someone asks for this link.
snow report
youspurs1, but they do not ask you for a One account number, so you do not have to prove you are one . Discount codes for all sorts of other things are shared all over the internet. it probably isn't against terms and conditions for account holders to share the code. After all HA have probably benefited anyway. Without the code, the bookings may have gone elsewhere.
snow conditions
youspurs1 wrote:
...bending/breaking rules to save money...

This is the crux of the matter - there's a difference between bending the rules & breaking them. Trying to find a loophole is one thing - setting out to defraud is quite another...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy