Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

la Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Couldn't wait until the end of the week. I have just booked the season pass online, to start from 12th December. They seem to have sorted out the problems I encountered yesterday
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skichampcouk, I weakened, just done mine as well Toofy Grin
As you found you HAVE to put in 12 December to get season pass to come up...but they don't tell you that Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Done mine too... but as I said by snail mail. APLP cards arrived today Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tres cold in Monty today, blue skys. Arrived Monday but have had a f---ing nightmare getting down here the mini bus didnt want to go any further than Reims, maybe because he was packed up to the hilt with everything you can imagine, rung the emergency to get us of the A26, 2 hours later in a peugeot garage, then went to go hire a big van in Reims just in case my mini bus was dead - 6pm the Garage told me that my mini bus had sadly passed away at 5.58pm (R.I.P) . So had to unload the mini bus in the garage until 7.30ish all closed up with the cleaners!. set of with match sticks in eyes and arrived in Monty at 3am. emptyed van contents into chalet, then yeterday up at 4am to take the hire van back to reims (yippee) got train back last night and back in Monty at 9pm. anyway of to bed ! Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cockofthenorth, Hope the rest of your season goes more smoothly than the start..
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
cockofthenorth, Good grief things can only get better. What an adventure you have had and just as well you were not bringing the poppadoms as well other wise they might have got crushed with all that chopping and changing of vehicles. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cockofthenorth, What a start! Are you going to have to buy another bus Shocked At least you set out early this year and you have got sorted before the snow starts Confused
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing, yep could of been worse with a load of frantic customers going to the airport!!. The bus is getting picked up to go back to the uk where my farther in law has a renault Garage. I thank its running on two cylinder and a valve has dropped I think its fixable, I ask the peugeot garage for a price to fix it and they estimated around 7 to 8000euros!! yes thats 8000 not 800, the French they are just so funny!!!! I said wow go on then fix it and give me another spare engine just in case it goes again, I also asked the guy if he does the local comedy night on a Thursday night in Reims but no reply.!!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cockofthenorth, 8K Shocked Shocked That sort of money you could buy a bus like Marcus' Laughing

If it snows can you post on here please as the webcams don't seem to be working properly at the moment, ta Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Any new snowy pics? All the webcams seem to be white, YAY.

Getting excited now, less than two weeks before I'm there!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Picadilly, go over to the Les Arcs thread I have just posted a load of webcam links and they all work.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Its been snowing all day in monty Iam not sure how hard as I have been in Geneva all day Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad got up at 6am Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad and it had started snowing really hard, at the moment it is still snowing lightly hopefully it will continue during the night. Puzzled Very Happy . I would say that we have had a light light covering. (need more but early days)
By the way anybody interested in some snow chains I have just found some in ED in aime for 20 euros!! all different sizes as well. wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cockofthenorth, Hi mate hope all ok -should keep snowing tonight then again weds thurs...................I need chains to fit new truck .....265 70 15
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
redrunmarcus, I,ll have a look tomorrow for you wink wink
snow report
cockofthenorth, Cheers
latest report
Hurrah! The snow has arrived and the webcam is fixed snowHead

snow conditions
Look! You can just see Cockofthenorth shining his torch Toofy Grin wink

snow conditions
Light cloudy skys and the snow cannons are blasting away!!! Smile Smile
ski holidays
cockofthenorth, did you get me some chains Puzzled
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, sorry they didn't have them in your size. If its for that big jeep of yours then you may have to look further afield!!! rolling eyes rolling eyes i'll keep an eye out for you wink
latest report
cockofthenorth, no worries can get them from ebay
snow report
cockofthenorth, whats the weather doing
snow conditions
redrunmarcus, Very overcast but no action from the clouds yet Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
cockofthenorth, I will have to come out and go home again...that will sort it snowHead
ski holidays
So is it snowing yet? Very Happy

Not that I care, you understand..
latest report
redrunmarcus, maybe not as its coming down like a gooden Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
cockofthenorth wrote:
redrunmarcus, maybe not as its coming down like a gooden Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Brill tis dark on cam and cannot see!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mouth, When are you going out?
snow conditions
I have heard it is dumping quite nicely this evening Very Happy
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, you made me just look outside and yes you are right, even down in the valley right now it is trying to snow. Hope it keeps it up all day tomorrow.
latest report
But the rain will wash it all away this weekend Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Stopped snowing. Montalbert is covered. The snowplough has been clearing roads in the village ( Boredsurfing, and our driveway Very Happy Very Happy ) at the moment we are in clouds!! it would be nice if they lifted and gave us some more snow Puzzled Puzzled
latest report
Quote:

But the rain will wash it all away this weekend

A bit of drizzle should consolidate a base nicely for the coming season Cassandra
snow conditions
cockofthenorth, the driveway Very Happy Very Happy Case of beer again? wink
ski holidays
The clouds have lifted Very Happy
snow report
quite cold tonite.Well cold enough for the cannons to be blasting away! Smile
snow report
Woo-hoo, all (well most of) the webcams are working at last!!

It's looking absolutely BEAUTIFUL today.

http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Webcams_ENG.htm
snow report
raining at the mo Sad lets hope it cools down over night Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
snow conditions
cockofthenorth,
Yep, rain forecast for Montalbert for the next 3 days Sad
No more snow for a while Sad
Any more Montalbert village news? Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy