Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

la Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
For information on La Plagne
www.la-plagne.com Official Site
or
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/index_ENG.html un-official site

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 19-09-10 17:32; edited 7 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great idea and well started Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, can we have a live webcam too....................................
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I really hate that stupid bobble hat Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, Its the badly applied lipstick that gets me Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
so - is this place any good then Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Michelle, It had better be as will be spending 5 months there this season!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
so Mouth you decided against going to Canada did you (I think that's what you mentioned to me when we met last winter!)

we have a place rented for this season in Champagny but will of course be doing a few trips over the Montalbert Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Roger C, No we are off to Canada for three and half weeks in Feb for Olympics but rest of season in France. 19 Dec to 30 April. Let's do coffee again! Great.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mouth, We're over the valley for about 5 weeks, so it would be good to meet up! I'll pm you my mobile no, as I forgot last year rolling eyes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In montybear at the moment and since we have been here its been fab sunny weather. All is quiet in the village> tourmante was open last night and was busy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cockofthenorth, Hi, flying visit or re plastering the shop ceiling Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boredsurfing, just getting ready to set up for the season ahead!!!. chopped down all the embankment down and sorting out the natrual drainage down to our lovely waterfall!!. Would you belive it somebody has been chopping down more dead trees as well!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin. Mind you it may make a difference with the sky dish! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cockofthenorth, Dead trees how did that happen? Toofy Grin
Enough cut down or are you having to use mine again Very Happy
I see on the webcam that you have made it rain....
Just checked the CGSki website looking good for the season already.

redrunmarcus, Happy birthday Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boredsurfing, No still using yours!! I'm getting all the sky channels but not bbc,itv etc so I couldn't watch stricly or the x factor last night what a shame! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin . We will see what the situation is like when the leaves have fallen from the trees Puzzled , but i think it may be the case of lifting it higher. Sad . Went to pizza valley last night for a pizza of course !! still the best around. The weather is lovely today, going down to bourg for sunday lunch Smile . yes booking are coming in thick and fast its looking good for this year alot of repeat buisness as once they experience quality they stick to it!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Very Happy Very Happy .redrunmarcus, yes happy birthday you old git!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin see you on thursday Very Happy
ski holidays
cockofthenorth,
Quote:

yes booking are coming in thick and fast its looking good for this year alot of repeat buisness as once they experience quality they stick to it

Good for you and the www.cgski.co.uk team Very Happy

If you are not getting BBC1 and ITV it sounds like the dish has moved very slightly. It's only takes a slight nudge and it loses those channels, if you get a minute try moving it slightly towards Jeffs and up a bit. When I left BBC 2 was coming and going as the trees moved, So I guess for next summer we will have to move the dishes higher up. Unless some of those wispy trees near the piste edge die back of course......
Are you there until May or are you coming back before the season starts?
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, I'm flying back on Tuesday and going to see redrun at Lytham, then will be returning to montybear in october. I'll have a go at moving the dish a little.
ski holidays
cockofthenorth, good to see you around! Say hi to the village from me and just to let you know that we are spending the season this year - Dec 21 through to May 1st...bring it on.... plenty of beer time... how are the monkeys??!!
snow report
Thanks cockofthenorth, and Boredsurfing, for the bithday wishes snowHead -I may be an old git but I can still give MOST...... a race down the mountain Toofy Grin ......cockofthenorth, See you Thursday Cool
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, not wrong you can still link a few turns!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Mouth, monkeys are fine and pleased to see us they where wondering when somebody was going to come in and turn the lights on!!. Good to hear that you are going to be spending most of the winter in Montybear!! hopefully we will be spoilt for choice on the big powder days especially when its nice and quite in Jan & March sorryBoredsurfing, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin NehNeh
ski holidays
cockofthenorth, Only 4 more years and I can come and play outside the school hols Toofy Grin
snow report
Looking good snowHead
http://www.trinum.com/ibox/ftpcam/original_montalbert.jpg
latest report
Snow showers foreccast down to 1250m this weekend, much webcam checking I think snowHead
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, I am there next weekend -Going up to Tignes for 3 days skiing snowHead Cool Laughing
latest report
redrunmarcus, lucky begger.
How you doing for the season are you coming out Jan 2 as usual? Very Happy
snow report
Boredsurfing, Text me as am in Wales with no internet acccess (I think)

redrunmarcus, Post a report and some pictures please. Is Cockahoop going with you?
ski holidays
Mouth, I would have thought the internet has got to Wales but perhaps it hasn't got that far yet Very Happy
Will txt you pic of webcam if it's all white snowHead
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, They have t'internet but will be busy with tea parties at the local manor and cleaning out the chickens and catching rabbits for dinner Shocked Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mouth, oh I see a working holiday Laughing
latest report
Boredsurfing, Yes out on Jan 2 Mouth, pictures........will try
latest report
First snow of the 2009/2010 Season snowHead
ski holidays
Yup, looks pretty neigey par tout! (For a while snowHead )
snow report
Hey Serge, about time you changed those light bulbs Toofy Grin wink
ski holidays
Good morning sunny and frosty this morning..........police stopping cars in Aime at midnight last night we got stopped and sniffed by the drugs doggie.......with a combined age of 99 we are now officially cool and down with the kids Cool Cool Cool
snow conditions
redrunmarcus, Unless the dogs could sniff out glucosamine you are ok wink Laughing
latest report
Funny you should say that I was carrying some of those............dog was very interested inthe tesco ham and cheese......
snow conditions
Came across this on the La Plagne press website
Quote:

Paradiski X Speed Tour – 13th to 19th February 2010
Speed skiing challenge organised by the villages of Paradiski
February
on the 16th in Champagny en Vanoise
on the 17th in Peisey-Vallandry
on the 18th in Plagne-Montalbert
on the 19th, the finals in Montchavin-les Coches.

World champion speed skier Xavier Cousseau will supervise the challenge. Speed awareness in complete safety. Free participation. Open to all skiers with a minimum 3 star skiing level. Equipment is available for loan. Each participant will receive a certificate showing their attained speed.

Bring your speed skiing gear at half term Shocked
snow report
Boredsurfing, Good grief. Thank your lucky stars that I will en route to Canada by then Laughing
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:
Came across this on the La Plagne press website
Quote:

Paradiski X Speed Tour – 13th to 19th February 2010
Speed skiing challenge organised by the villages of Paradiski
February
on the 16th in Champagny en Vanoise
on the 17th in Peisey-Vallandry
on the 18th in Plagne-Montalbert
on the 19th, the finals in Montchavin-les Coches.

World champion speed skier Xavier Cousseau will supervise the challenge. Speed awareness in complete safety. Free participation. Open to all skiers with a minimum 3 star skiing level. Equipment is available for loan. Each participant will receive a certificate showing their attained speed.

Bring your speed skiing gear at half term Shocked

Surely that should be speed skiing round obstacles?

Although last time I looked there's not much on the slope at PV to give you masses of speed, other than perhaps the competition piste if it's very well groomed. I'd give it a whirl if I was there
ski holidays
APM lift pass forms (mostly in English!) arrived in the post this morning Very Happy
Must be returned by Noember 10th.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy