Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

la Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
We could have a repeat of New year 06/07
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
But New Years day 2007 all was fine again snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Picadilly wrote:
Woo-hoo, all (well most of) the webcams are working at last!!

It's looking absolutely BEAUTIFUL today.

When I posted the webcam view, it was showing blue skies and lots of snow. At this precise moment all I can see is it absolutely chucking it down with rain Sad

Now it looks as though I was being sarcastic!

Anyway, I'm hoping for cold temperatures and more white stuff in the next week before I get there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Picadilly,
Quote:

Anyway, I'm hoping for cold temperatures and more white stuff in the next week before I get there

In short no, accoding to the forecasts unless the forecasted rain turns to snow of course.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
According to Snow Forecast, temperatures will be gradually dropping this week and getting down to -16 on Saturday night. Least they'll be able to use the snow cannons, even if we don't get any new snow. I guess we were rather spoilt this time last year!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
WELL, seems I could be in for a snowy start to the week! Hope this forecast stays as it is, I LOVE arriving in ski resorts when it's snowing.

Every time I check, they're forecasting a little bit more snow hehe

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/La-Plagne/6day/mid
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The snow showing up for the weekend looks like a bit of an outlier on the models at the moment (the thick green line at the bottom):

http://91.121.93.17/pics/MS_745_ens.png

So I wouldn't count on it.

Fingers crossed though because i'm out in Les Coches 14th-17th Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The thick green line doesn't mean anything to me I'm afraid Embarassed

Just tell me it's going to snow a lot from Sunday and keep me happy.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just a little problem at the mo, they have disconnected the cannons not sure for the reason, lets hope they re-connect them before the weekend. The news also is that they will be bussing from Monty to la plagne next week Confused Confused Confused
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
All the snow forecasted earlier has dissappeared now.

Might be back in the morning though.

I suspect there might be a dusting 13th-15th.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cockofthenorth, do you know if the cannons are working over Les Coches side?

Busses would be a nightmare.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
musehead, yes I would presume they are working as they will not be running on the same system. I think they must be doing some last minute servicing with are's they where defo not working last night and they sure are'nt working at the mo even though temps are low enough!! Twisted Evil I would imagine that they will be doing the same with the busses over in les coches, as to produce enough artificial for Saturday is a long shot rolling eyes I think the snow dance is in order!!!! wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Can't believe this thread is so far down the snow reports forum so *BUMP*. Good grief I have bever seen the village looking so unwinterlike and with the cannons not working and talk of busses to LP I am filled with horror.

Where the **** is the snow?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Don't despair Mouth, just had a look at Snow-forecast and things are looking up...

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/La-Plagne/6day/mid

Plenty of flurries over the next few days and a bit on Sunday and Wednesday night (as things stand!)

1.5 more sleeps, woo-hoo!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm in Les Coches this weekend, I've heard from the tourist office, and from the guys in the chalet where we're staying, that the lifts up from Montchavin and Les Coches will be running and just enough pistes open to be able to connect to the La Plagne villages. It won't be possible to ski back down to the village (unless some new snow appears from somewhere), so people will need to get the lifts back down.

I've never skiied in the French Alps before, so looking forward to it even though some of the pistes won't be open!!
latest report
Picadilly, where are you staying and how long for?
snow conditions
Mouth wrote:

Plagne Centre, 13th-19th - in the hotel above Scotty's Bar.
ski holidays
Picadilly wrote:
Mouth wrote:

Nice bar..... will miss you as dont arrive till 22nd

Rumour has it that one snowHead who shall remain nameless does happy hour in Scottys, stays till after lift closes and then miraculously makes his way back down to Montanlbert on skis around 8pm Toofy Grin
snow report
Aww that's a shame Mouth.

I like the sound of that snowHead - nothing wrong with that kind of behaviour wink
snow report
dlpy1, cheers that that, good news. I'm gonna be in Les Coches for 3 days next week. Hoping a bit of snow might fall this weekend.
snow conditions
IFIRC correctly the 12 December is one of the earliest opening dates in recent years for the village resorts and I seem to recall someone commenting in the Summer that they hoped the snow was coming early as well.
ski holidays
Mouth wrote:
Picadilly wrote:
Mouth wrote:

Rumour has it that one snowHead who shall remain nameless does happy hour in Scottys, stays till after lift closes and then miraculously makes his way back down to Montanlbert on skis around 8pm Toofy Grin

but isn't the only way of doing that by taking the telemetro to aime and then the run home, via that horrible (upbill) track Pravendue - must be a damned good bar to want to do that...
latest report
bertie bassett wrote:
Mouth wrote:
Picadilly wrote:
Mouth wrote:

but isn't the only way of doing that by taking the telemetro to aime and then the run home, via that horrible (upbill) track Pravendue - must be a damned good bar to want to do that...

Yes indeed. That horrible track through the forest (in summer tis route de mariers). This is in fact a regular feature of the season and I may be enticed to join them one week although the thought of coming home on my baord feels me with utter dread. I will be walking on that run!
latest report
bertie bassett, He says that bit isn't particularly uphill Shocked The way he ski's it isn't wink
latest report
Boredsurfing wrote:
bertie bassett, He says that bit isn't particularly uphill Shocked The way he ski's it isn't wink

I guess after a few vin-chauds then it doesn't hurt as much... I like the idea although less keen on dodging bashers on the run home...
snow report
It is a lovely trip home especially if you are trying to get one who is not too chuffed with the whole idea back as well................
snow report
redrunmarcus wrote:
It is a lovely trip home especially if you are trying to get one who is not too chuffed with the whole idea back as well................

that'll be me this season then when you get me to participate in this extreme sport Toofy Grin
latest report
I can see snow being made at 4pm today in Les Coches:

http://www.trinum4.com/archives/2009/12/11/1610/LesCoches/LesCoches.jpg

Looking very thin at this altitude, but perhaps they aim to get the main runs to the village open if they're making snow.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
redrunmarcus, Mouth, Boredsurfing, you have to grab happy hour where you can even if it is in plagne center!!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
latest report
The snow cannons on the new Gentil run & at the top of the stadium started working at 5pm last night. But not the last few into the village, so they can't have fixed the problem yet. Hopefully real snow will fall tonight. Feels wierd working in the shop for the last week getting it ready and no snow around. I await grumpy customers as they arrive this weekend and discover they have to catch the bus to La Plagne.
snow report
rebeccay, welcome to snowheads and at last!!!!
snow conditions
rebeccay,
Quote:

I await grumpy
I'm not arriving until Friday wink

Hi, and welcome to snowHeads Very Happy
snow conditions
rebeccay, and a welcome from me too......................Boredsurfing, can you use your significant influence to get the webcam picture which is still an old green one changed- I sorted out the one Snoweye had as the opening one.... which I think is the one we still have showing on here.........
snow conditions
yes come on your Lordship get the technology working and correct please...redrunmarcus, when do you arrive?
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, Mouth, The adresses for the Montalbert cam have changed unfortunately I can't change the ones on the webcam page on here.
But here they are and looking all white again this morning.
http://www.trinum.com/ibox/ftpcam/original_montalbert.jpg
and for good measure here's a zoom that they don't publish Very Happy
http://www.trinum.com/ibox/montalbert/webcam/zoom/zoom3.htm
I'll wave to you both from my balcony each morning Very Happy

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 13-12-09 10:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Mouth, 3rd Jan...........whats the prob with the cannons?
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, get on Admins case ...you know you will enjoy that........WE WANT WHITE
snow conditions
redrunmarcus wrote:
Boredsurfing, get on Admins case ...you know you will enjoy that........WE WANT WHITE

I'll see what I can do Cool
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, I think I might be able to see your balcony just about from mine with binoculars Cool
ski holidays
redrunmarcus wrote:
Boredsurfing, I think I might be able to see your balcony just about from mine with binoculars Cool

Easier to use the link above Toofy Grin I guess the Cocky one will start posing in his Garden when he realises Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy