Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What are your goals for the coming season?

Poster: A snowHead
Get a new ski outfit that fits.

Squeeze in a weekend trip to Europe
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Get some skiing in.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Take a lesson

I keep meaning to and never get around to it rolling eyes

Luckily I am brilliant Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
To convince some of my variously reluctant friends to take up skiing or snowboarding.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
To get to board at all will be a win for me next year - new house, new baby. May have to limit myself to the hills of Hemel a few times...
Ah well, have to teach Sideways Jr. to board by the age of 2.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
To get rid of my excessive inner tip lead.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No family skiing this season due to exams. Sad Sad Sad So if I'm very clever I might get three weekends skiing. If not, I'll settle for two. Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mosha Marc wrote:
To get rid of my excessive inner tip lead.
No such thing, just go faster snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
paulio, It is easy to see why some are reluctant to be your friend Shocked wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd like to buy the misses some new skis... and get her out as much as possible...

I would also like some punters!.. Things are looking bleak this year rolling eyes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman, Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Get a new ski outfit that fits.

Squeeze in a weekend trip to Europe

Squeeze into the old outfit and have two weekend trips?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Last season was a dramatic improvement in that I 'went for it' more and found I could ski some reds not too badly. This season I hope to continue that but with a little more grace than a lumbering tumbling troll.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This season I'm hoping our youngest takes to skiing, she will 3 in November. Her sis started at three and was fine with it...the youngest knows her own mind though Laughing Thinking of booking Esprit, think she will end up fighting with the ESF guys Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hoping to survive moving house - and end up nearer the snows Very Happy

Would also like to improve my off-piste skiing - but I've been trying that for decades with only minor success.

P.S. I'm open for bookings, Shimmy Alcott - need cash to pay for the house Laughing
latest report
Oh and convince myself to splash out on a pair of Oakley sunnies.
snow report
Conquer my fear of moguls, and get super fit for this year's trips - but there again I say that every year and never quite manage it!
latest report
fs wrote:
get super fit for this year's trips - but there again I say that every year and never quite manage it!

are you me????
snow conditions
nail the offpiste - yee haa!
snow report
Visiting an unfamiliar ski resort this year - going to [b]Rob@Rar's[b] place in Les Arcs.

I have been kind of getting used to VT - was beginning to know where the slopes were, those I hadn't skied before I could picture from from being suspended above them on the lifts and had a fair guess where I might be able to ski and find the slopes OK for me. This won't be the case in Les Arc's so I guess one of my goals is to not find myself irredeamably facing a slope that is going to knock the newly found confidence.

The second goal is to build upon the confidence, and hand in hand with goal 2 is to improve my technique - I want to try the little shooshing shimmy's again and see if I can do them without twisting my ankle (which has thankfully now improved to the point where I can now confidently run on it) - I had just got them sorted when it all went pear shaped last time.

I also think I need to ski many more reds - start off on some blues to remember how to do it, and then work on a variety of different terrains - the reds in VT seemed good for this - many of those I tried had nice easier sections interspersed with steeper or more challenging sections giving me areas to practice technique and then put it into action. I was really starting to get to the tops of steeper bits that previously would have scared me silly (like the top of Portette) and was being heard to utter the immortal words "Yup, I can get down there!!" so I need to consolidate that confidence.

How does that sound?
snow report
Fit legs, as much snow time as possible, better balance, more sh*t eating grins.
snow conditions
Megamum,
Quote:

the little shooshing shimmy's
What in heaven's name is that? I'm sure it doesn't appear in skimottaret's glossary. Confused
ski holidays
Fix my dodgy knees and legs. Resulting in being able to get down a whole run without having to stop and do an impression of a vagrant doing piste-side begging... rolling eyes
snow report
Hurtle, well that's what it felt like when I was doing them LOL. Maybe these are swing turns (but I don't think they are in the glossary either). A rhythmic shimmy from side to side as you go down a slope - its what people that can ski make look so easy. When I got it going it felt as though I was rolling the edges from side to side, but the difficult part of the trick that seemed to take the practice was getting the roll even across both skis other wise the didn't stay in line with each other and it rather ruined the effect LOL
snow report
Ski. Loads. It's all about the quantity, not the quality this year.

Also huck the gnar rocking the classic saucerboy neon/kitchen utensils/ jack daniels combo on 26 March.
ski holidays
Megamum, Possibly this?
Quote:
WEDELN - An old-fashioned way of sking from the 50s in which a skier rhythmically swings the rear of the skis from side to side while following the Fall Line, with the skis very close together.
Not an edging skill, maybe that's what went wrong? Toofy Grin
snow report
Hurtle, Not sure - there is a video that folks here have linked to in the past that shows it being demonstrated - very much linked to rhythm - in fact they start the video by tapping their poles together - I'll have a root around and see if I can find it.
snow report
To be at the EoSB. To get MrsTallTone to the EoSB. If things are going really well, to take the whole family skiing at half-term.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
To ski way beyond my comfort zone much more often!
ski holidays
Hurtle, Disappointing - the video demonstrating what I was trying for has disappeared - they were once obtainable by following ProfessorPool's links in this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=558872&highlight=own+thread+carving+technique#558872

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 4-09-09 18:52; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Not injure myself.
Not injure anyone else.
Ski at least once a month for every month from November to May.
latest report
pollittcl wrote:
To ski way beyond my comfort zone much more often!

What's a comfort zone Toofy Grin
snow conditions
rob@rar, those are very restrained aims. How about including giving pleasure to those whom you teach? (Already achieved. Toofy Grin)
snow report
Try and do some off-piste. Working the season in St Anton so should happen, didn't feel confident enough last Winter.
Also tried boarding last Winter too so want to do that again (gonna do a board in a day before I go) and will probably spend most of my time on one plank rather than two (conditions permitting).
snow report
Interesting goals you guys... "for the coming season".....

Personally "the coming season" i'd like to win the lottery, have a gene' appear next time i polish the lounge, I'll be sleeping with Kristen Stewart during the first snowfall and be doing 5ft kickers with my eyes closed when I pick up the keys to my million £ ski chalet that Kristen Stewart will be soft furnishing before she inroduces me to her very close friends.

Peter doherty will be on the stereo as i show kate moss a thing or two.....

as for skiing, laters ... i'm far to busy ! wink wink wink
snow report
Goals... main one is to get my Nastar platinum medal Very Happy (finally) assuming I actually get time to ski more and film less this season...

If I can get my health back enough from my new treatment then perhaps get CSIA 1 and 2 under my belt....

Finer grained aims.... develop some more inside ski balance(perhaps up to skiing on one ski) and increase my edge angles... improve flexion/extension in bumps... polish turn shape skills a little... perhaps a little work on short turns - especially slalom turns... more work on counter... fine tune edging skills a bit...

That should be enough to work on for now...
snow conditions
Comfortable Boots - I'm hoping everything else will follow!
snow conditions
Zwee wrote:
Comfortable Boots - I'm hoping everything else will follow!

See under C for CEM . . . can't recommend him highly enough. snowHead
ski holidays
See my 5 year old get improve and gain confidence on skis

Not to run over Mrs Colonel like last year, (she turned, I didn't).

Learn to snowboard like shaun white

Not Die (see above) during highly ambitious Shaun White style lunacy.

Spend tremendous amount of money, (that I do not have), on a ski apartment (that I'll hardly ever use)
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
rob@rar, those are very restrained aims. How about including giving pleasure to those whom you teach? (Already achieved. Toofy Grin)

Evil or Very Mad slut . . .

edit: wanton slut wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy