Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What are your goals for the coming season?

Poster: A snowHead
Sick of talking about lippy and rising damp on the Aprés Zone so I thought I'd come over here and ask what you all want to achieve this winter.

I would like to get past the first day of the season without incident, and see in New Year with my hubby. As for my skiing, more off-piste please, so I'm praying for some powder days.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've already achieved one of them, which is to book more than one ski holiday for the coming season. The other one is to continue to improve my competence and confidence as a skier and have as much fun as possible doing so snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Iski, nice one snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
At the moment, getting a ski holiday is the goal. Work (or rather lack thereof due to the economic downturn) and illness have curtailed our admittedly ambitious plans for a three week stint in whistler, so as long as we get away I'll be happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nbt, fingers crossed for you.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
nbt, Hope you achieve that goal. One of my trips is mainly thanks to Tesco vouchers!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have a proper go at moguls and powder Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ta folks Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ski as much as possible.

OK, learn to "clean carve". But that's secondary.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Working on a possible trip to N. America. Maybe a bash is 2010.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Do some touring, eradicate any 'a' framing from my skiing and ski a line > 40 degrees (sustained)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sort out my knees and ski ski ski. Hoping for some proper touring with some nice chutes to fly down, oh in waist deep powder too, that'd help.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
to make the most of the winter long rental we have booked in Champagny en Vanoise Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy roll on mid December......

also hoping for plenty of snow to try out the ex rental Icelantic Nomads purchased from Kiwi1 a few months ago

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 3-09-09 22:00; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I ought to do something about the wallpaper in the lounge, it's really quite French Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Get in as much skiing as physically possible - hopefully with a week or two to myself ontop of a few working.

Possibly look at a course, though not likely this year.

Above all though, have fun on the slopes! snowHead
ski holidays
Visit and ski the Tarentaise resorts.

Ski moguls and off piste with more competence.

Improve my control when trying to turn slowly.
ski holidays
One key goal is to ensure that my daughter in law has a good holiday out with us at Christmas and wants to go skiing again. She tried, as a beginner in Les Gets, about 10 years ago and had a bad fall on day 4 which resulted in full leg brace, private ambulance both ends of a scheduled flight home using 3 seats - the works. She has been very, very, reluctant to try again and as she is also mortally afeared of flying, my son's future career as a holiday skier seemed in danger. But she 's now keen to give it another go, and for their six year old daughter to try, too (and for the 3 year old to muck around). She has just about accepted my very strongly expressed advice that she must let me book her some private lessons with a (preferably super sexy) French instructor, rather than just potter around, which was her initial intention.

So - my goal for that week is for my son to get off and do some skiing with my son in law (as daughter will be 7 months pregnant she's out of the running as a ski companion), for DiL to enjoy some very gentle and successful hours on the slopes, for the 6 year old to turn out to be a natural (or more realistically not to spend the whole week whinging) and the 3 year old to enjoy himself. All that will only be accomplished if I can get the organisation right, if the baby (who will be 13 months) is happy too, and if the Gods (especially the weather gods) are smiling on us. In the process, we will have to go into the neighbouring forest to chop down our own Christmas tree, when nobody's looking.

In pursuit of this goal I am shortly heading back into Havant to try to get her a ski jacket with 70% off in the Filarinskis sale. She has been out to our place before, but not to ski - she was 6 months pregnant and whilst I found some gear she could get into to keep herself warm, glamorous it wasn't. So I want her to feel good about herself this time!

Another key goal is for my OH, who is going into hospital next week for a stent to be pushed into a narrow cardiac artery, to recover enough energy to enjoy skiing this winter. He has been getting very breathless and tired - and we hope that the stent will make a difference.
snow report
pam w, good luck for OH's procedure Very Happy And of course for all your plans, sounds like you have it covered!
ski holidays
pam w, you win hands down on complexity! snowHead
ski holidays
Get my level 1 telemark instructor badge and generally develop my telemark so that I'm happy on anything that's pisted. Start to "explore" bumps on tele kit.

Get my level 2 alpine (i.e. normal skiing!) coach badge.

Have fun with DaughterOfFrankInston.

Be out-skied, as usual, by 6 and 5 year olds rolling eyes
snow report
Ski lots of powder, and improve in same, in Colorado.
snow conditions
Get over my total lack of nerve and make substantial improvements in the park. Maybe try something new (such as telemark). Have fun.
latest report
Have fun. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
find a way of being able to do another season...

what's that website again - hotskisugarmommies.com
ski holidays
achilles wrote:
Have fun. Madeye-Smiley

Same here... & as frequently as possible Toofy Grin
snow report
Same as every season. Enjoy a week's skiing holiday. If there's any chance I can manage a second week, then so much the better. My skiing doesn't improve and I'm not bothered about that. I just want to have fun.
snow report
Get one or two more of the ISIA courses done. Whether or not I'm able to do that depends on how long it takes me to find a job, no job = no skiing for me this season Sad
snow report
Survive with no injuries either on or off the piste rolling eyes Laughing
Already have an instruction week in 2's Alps in Jan (with SCGB Shocked ) if conditions are right I would like to get some off piste instruction/practice in.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My winter goals. Leave this website by winter and up my localism on my mountain to rival Da Hui.
ski holidays
Rockies here I come Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Goal is whole season, no injuries, get my telemark above the 'providing amusement for others' level and not whack my sac on a Nastar pole Shocked
latest report
Learn how to ski. Toofy Grin
snow report
Hang in there for another winter - still amazed that the knees and body generally hold up - but still so much to improve. We plan to be in Les Gets again, apart from February, but hope that if we get the odd week let in January and/or March that we will hop off elsewhere, rent a broom cupboard and try some other areas not yet visited.
ski holidays
have a good time with the wife ski-ing in jan, so she gets bitten and we can go together more often. also I hope my daughter enjoys here first ski-ing trip next next.
latest report
Hope that my knee recovers sufficiently to ski again.
ski holidays
To get the 17 days in we have planned.

Learn to snowboard.

The kids progress well enough that on Easter trip they can ski with us all day.

We progress well enough on snowboards that the kids will let us ski with them all day
latest report
To get the 17 days in we have planned.

Learn to snowboard.

The kids progress well enough that on Easter trip they can ski with us all day.

We progress well enough on snowboards that the kids will let us snowboard with them all day
ski holidays
Not bankrupt myself.

Scare myself more.

Do more touring.

bad_roo, Jesus - I remember reading about that on TGR ages ago. Kind of trip report that sticks in the mind. Sorry it hasn't healed up yet.
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
Learn how to ski. Toofy Grin

Laughing Laughing Laughing Although I am sure you're no worse than I am!
ski holidays
edit: duplicate post

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 4-09-09 8:58; edited 1 time in total
latest report
My plans are:

Manage to spend as much time out of the office without my business partner wanting to kill me
Tour more - at least one overnight tour
Take more risks
Not kill myself on the Redeemers
Not get injured so that I can go trekking in Bhutan in May (odd choice, I know)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy