Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TK Maxx - skiwear now in stock

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Horrible, horrible jackets so far, in the Clapham Junction TKM.

Similar in the Middlesbrough one for ladies stuff [but was not sure what to expect]
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MarjMJ, there are always plenty of horrible jackets, but occasionally a good one in amongst them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is a fair amount of stuff in the Cheltenham branch. Mostly Dare2B, Trespass, Or unknown brands (FTS?), but some of it looked pretty decent, and most of the jackets were between £40 and £60. Tog24 Salopettes for £30.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
alex_heney wrote:
There is a fair amount of stuff in the Cheltenham branch. Mostly Dare2B, Trespass, Or unknown brands (FTS?)

So Frosty has his own clothing brand now? Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oxford Tacky Macks now has a HUGE selection of skiwear in the shop.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I had at quick look into the Bullring whilst I was there last week. it looked like what they had left from last year to me (by this I mean what THEY had left). Thought as it was next door to all the designer stores they might have some decent stuff in, not yet.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This is a 4 year old thread Shocked Some one has already started one for this year on this page http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=102536
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Do TK max have better known brands of ski wear in stock?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not much in Speke (Liverpool) or St. Helens. The Speke store had a couple of Spider down jackets at about £160 but mostly Trespass or Surfranic.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not much in our local Tacky Macks either. Loads of Tresspass mainly.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've seen Oakley, Sally and Mammut this year (and all the above)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A few bits of Spyder and Underarmor some Smartwool midlayers (one less as I bought one) and a load of D2B/Tresspass in the derby branch when I was in last week but the ski specific rack hadn't appeared yet that was all mixed in with the general outdoors kit.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 11-10-13 19:04; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Only jackets and trousers in ours So far
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quite a bit starting to appear on the Takky Maxx website now
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
davkt, Didn't realise they do it on line!

Mens http://www.tkmaxx.com/ski+sportswear/mens-ski+snowboarding/icat/3101

Womens http://www.tkmaxx.com/ski+sportswear/womens-ski+snowboarding/icat/3125
snow conditions
Bought some KillTec ski pants from TK Maxx last year, really good ski pant, was impressed with the quality, manufactured in Germany I think, bargain for £25!!
snow conditions
Does no one else hate Tacky Maxx? I hate the fact that it's like a jumble sale, you spot something you like the look of but the chances of finding it in another size (or indeed the right size) are remote. Womens rails are chock full of sizes 8 and 10, hardly anything in a size 14 or above, womens shoes only go up to a size 7, and you'll never find the same thing in there twice. Not only that it's full of chavs. It might tie for top spot in worst shop ever alongside Home Bargains, same rules apply.
ski holidays
Quote:

Does no one else hate Tacky Maxx?

Not if I can buy Goretex gloves for £12 Very Happy
ski holidays
cad99uk, +1 Laughing
ski holidays
+1
although I send my butler. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
cad99uk, + another, yes its pot luck what you find but some great bargains to be had with a bit of luck and patience.
snow conditions
queen bodecia wrote:
. It might tie for top spot in worst shop ever alongside Home Bargains, same rules apply.

Our Home Bargains is bright, clean, well laid out, well stocked and staffed by very friendly young people. I;d never put it on par with TX Maxx, which I don't hate but do pop into from time to time, especially if I need a handbag or coat.
snow conditions
cad99uk, +1. My bargain was a Patagonia Primo Down jacket for €120 snowHead
snow report
There's not much in the altrincham store apart from a rather grotesque spyder men's jacket for £100 Shock
latest report
Bought a lot of stuff over the years from TK Maxx. I couldn't have afforded the skiing when the kids were young if I hadn't bought gear there for them. A good source of holiday t-shirts too as well as socks and work shirts for hubby. We've even had a pair of Leki trigger poles for £9.99 and a Rossignol ski jacket for £25.
ski holidays
Got myself a pair of these for £14 today http://eu.dakine.com/p/gloves/ski-snowboard/mens/nova-glove?clr=ATH
ski holidays
TK Maxx, Home Bargains, Wilko, B+M, Sports Direct make me Very Happy anyone else?
ski holidays
They just need to bring the Sierra Trading Post brand over here (Chilterns Trading Post?) then kit junkies would be laughing.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hells Bells wrote:
Bought a lot of stuff over the years from TK Maxx. I couldn't have afforded the skiing when the kids were young if I hadn't bought gear there for them. A good source of holiday t-shirts too as well as socks and work shirts for hubby. We've even had a pair of Leki trigger poles for £9.99 and a Rossignol ski jacket for £25.

Yep, TK, Aldi and MandMDirect are the only way I can keep the kids in ski/board gear, good deal on the Rossi jacket, mine cost £45 from Tacky!
snow report
Obviously I don't object to prices in budget stores. After all pretty much all my ski gear comes from Decathlon. What bugs me about TK Maxx and Home Bargains is the shoddy retail experience. The shops are a mess, everything is jumbled up, they never have the same products twice and you have to spend ages rummaging to find anything you might actually want to buy. Just not my idea of fun. I'm not a huge fan of shopping, I want the experience to be quick and simple. I don't include Wilkos in this, they have a consistent range of products and well-laid out stores on the whole, but I have never been to B+M, Sports Direct, MandMDirect, and have only once been to Aldi.
snow conditions
MandMDirect are a website, and actually the new Tacky in Derby is about as tidy as any big clothes store but yes its pot luck what they have.
latest report
I've usually found that the Merseyside TX Maxx stores have their ski clothing on the one rail typically labelled as active wear or outdoor wear or somesuch . Yes you have to trawl the rail to find anything you may want but, certainly in Liverpool, that doesn't take long.
ski holidays
queen bodecia wrote:
I'm not a huge fan of shopping, I want the experience to be quick and simple. .

I think this is why their model isn't for you. Having predictable and easy to find stock doesn't get people in the door as much as the thrill of the chase on stuff that is a real bargain - there's no "when it's gone it's gone" jeopardy. Of course the top branded and/or high quality stuff is supplemented by a bunch of generic virtually own brand stuff as well e.g. most of the ski wear is Surfanic etc not Spyder.

Same goes for Poundland etc - not a "quality" retail experience but the thrill of getting something tangible for pocket money means people spend far more than they intend to. Best buy for skiers there is packs of Compeed occasionally at massive discount to Boots. wink
snow report
halfhand wrote:
I've usually found that the Merseyside TX Maxx stores have their ski clothing on the one rail typically labelled as active wear or outdoor wear or somesuch . Yes you have to trawl the rail to find anything you may want but, certainly in Liverpool, that doesn't take long.

I think this is typical of all tkmaxx..... Certainly all the stores in my area are of this layout.

I also don't think tkmaxx is an untidy store at all... I do think they lack any kind of consistency product wise, but for me its part of the charm, as you never know what sort of bargain you may pick up.
snow report
Yep, in Derby the ski stuff is appearing on the active outdoors rail but as more comes in there will be a skiwear rail.
snow conditions
There's some really good quality black and blue dainese jackets in altrincham in a large for £100 also a back protector £30 and a yellow tartan salomon helmet with the built in air pump for £30 Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
I bought a Dainese albertville Evo jacket today, firstly is it a decent jacket as it feels and they claim? (sort of regardless of price) Also is the £69 I paid for it reasonable?
snow report
The tKMaxx in Durham had zilch in the men's section, and only one jacket I might have considered buying in the ladies (nice purple Salomon, but I would have needed some new pants as well), Everything was complete rubbish, a couple of base layers in XS and XXL, but no socks or googles.
snow report
MK branch had Spyder, Halti, Mammut clothing and Dainese & POC helmets today going for silly money.
snow conditions
Spyderman, ooh.... Did you catch which model poc helmet?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy