Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TK Maxx - skiwear now in stock

Poster: A snowHead
Just thought I'd pass on that TK Maxx (in Brighton at least) have started their skiwear stock. Seems earlier than normal.

For anyone who doesn't know, not a bad place to pick up bargains.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Love it will have to nip in to the local one the weekend
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just rang the one in Bristol (Cribbs Causeway). They said their stock would not be in till end Sept. Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The only TKMaxx I've seen skiwear in (was v limited) were 2 new ones that have just opened within the past couple of weeks. Still a good enough reason to get excited about the forthcoming Winter anyway Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

(and I got my Winter season start dates through)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not in oop north yet, popped into branch in Denton yesterday as I was over that way and they had nothing in there. Always one for a tacky max bargain though so I will be keeping my eyes peeled!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jeraff, yep, spotted the first few naff Trespass jackets at the weekend there myself Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some already in Glasgow (Silverburn) Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
and in London - well Wood Green.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Time to keep checking i suppose. They had some nice Scott stuff in ours last year, but not in my size unfortunately. Good stuff appears occasionally but not often.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I got some spiffing Halti gear last season, and sig. other bagged a top-notch Helly Hanson jacket one year, and a lovely Orage one the next.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
TK MAX is a great place for a bargin in ski gear. If you have the time to look through all the rubbish there is some really good stuff. So far I've got a Nike ACG ski trousers for 30quid, quicksikver jacket for 70 and another Iguana jacket for 50. Very tempting place.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
maddness, .... so you didn't have time to look through the rubbish and just brought it wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for letting us know - it's obviously time to keep an eye open.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sutton Coldfield has Rossignol stuff in when i popped in for a mooch today.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well, I got a nice pair of Scott pants for £35 earlier this year (don't need a new pair, but how could I resist?). Main reason I don't need them is the lovely pair of Orage pants (again, £35) that I bought at the end of last season... And then there's my bargain Rehall jacket, which is very cosy & has coped with some horrid weather this year...

I'm very fond of TK Maxx Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Quote:

Sutton Coldfield has Rossignol stuff in when i popped in for a mooch today.

My OH bought a pair of Rossignol trousers in TKM in Waterlooville which have now done 3 entire seasons and they still look fantastic. They were £75, which is expensive for TKMs, but very high tech and worth every penny. I'll ring them today and find out whether they have ski stuff in yet.
snow report
Well I know where my lunch hour is going to be spent!
snow conditions
I feel a need coming on to make a trip to TK MAXX this evening Toofy Grin (Only to look mind you)
ski holidays
Waterlooville only has ski clothes for men at the moment - it's women and children last on this occasion.
latest report
Aylesbury TKMAXX ,this is dlawless i'm coming to get you.
latest report
dlawless, Let me know if they have any female ski stuff also a wobble board if you see any as I'm just round the corner from it! Laughing
snow report
been to TKMAXX aylesbury and got some new salopettes only £30 should have been £110. All the jackets and fleece layers are in but waiting on more salopettes to arrive. That is the mens upstairs, sorry Linds i didn't check the ladies out wink
ski holidays
Durham had a few ladies jackets, one really nice black and pink Rossignol one, but the zip was dodgy, but not a lot else. It was only 49.99 too. and a few mens 'ourifts' by Chamonix? Very little yet.
snow report
dlawless, Not to worry, having spent £150 in Cotwold Sport a couple of weeks ago I really dont need anything rolling eyes Apart from a wobble/balance board. I may still just nip down and have a little look Laughing
snow conditions
Manchester (Arndale centre) have ladies ski wear in. Not sure about mens/kids as I'm not interested in that what with being a female...
ski holidays
MK TK MAXX have some skiwear in, more mens than ladies. I bought my OH a ski jacket but will have to take it back because it's too small, he also says it's a bit conservative. This from the man who has worn the same type of clothes for the last thirty years rolling eyes
snow report
I have just been to the TKMAXX in Hemel Hempstead and I have never seen so much Ski-wear, they have a 4 rails of jackets, salopettes and mid/fleece layers. Well done TKMAXX, some really nice TOG24 salopettes in there but not in my size !! but 2 pairs in 2 days might have got the mrs in a tiz Laughing
ski holidays
Contrary to what I was told on the phone TK Maxx Bristol have got their skiwear in stock.

Mrs CAD99uk very pleased with Quicksilver Goretex snowboard pants £39.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very Little in my local one yet. But picked up 2 soft shells for £48 that should make nice outer layers on most days and mid layers when it gets rough. They were actually in the outdoor section and not in the ski wear.
ski holidays
dlawless, Just been down and had a quick look in Aylesbury and...................they had a lovely O'Neil jacket in mint green for £50 Shocked unfortunatly rolling eyes they didnt have my size Laughing
No ladies sallopettes or wobble boards and it just looked like only 1 small rail of mens things upstairs.
snow report
pam w wrote:
Waterlooville only has ski clothes for men at the moment - it's women and children last on this occasion.

Thanks for checking - could you let me know if you hear/see of any appearing, I definately don't need any more gear, which always bodes well for finding a good bargain. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Oxford has some jackets and salopettes, mens and ladies, but nothing else.
latest report
Horrible, horrible jackets so far, in the Clapham Junction TKM. Sad
snow conditions
Not a great deal in Stanley Green, Cheadle either. Hardly anything in kids only a few jackets on the school coats section and none of them particularly good, nothing else. Womens naff except for one very nice Helly Hansen softshell. Mens had most stuff but generally really crappy padded ski jackets, quite a few decent Berghaus Gore-Tex shells and some very reasonable shells by Wafo?? Looked very well spec'd indeed and were only around £40, downside was the colour...black and a rather bizarre pale lemony/greeny shade. Would have got one for the OH but just knew he wouldn't see past the colour. Pants all Dare2Be and Trespass.
ski holidays
Would love to know the policy TK MAXX has for distributing its ski stuff. Would make a lot more sense to me to sort the stuff out so the same jacket goes to a certain store in a range of sizes. There are two stores in Swansea and one in merthyr that i visit regular. You will often see a large of a style in one shop, but the medium is another store and the xl in a different store again. It then appears a real mish-mash and a bit of a lottery. There was a jacket my wife like but it didn't fit her. so we just looked around the others stores and found it in her size. Seems an odd policy
snow report
garethjomo, I;ve done the same thing.
snow report
A word about Waffo Jackets. This is the best kept secret in the outdoor clothing world.

It's actually made in Germany to a high quality standard, (not in some Chinese sweat shop).

They mainly design and manufacture for the German Fire and rescue service, but it seems that they are branching out into the ski world.

£40 for one of thier jackets seems a good deal.
snow report
They now have some women's stuff in Waterlooville but very little - and there are no peripherals - gloves, goggles, etc. A couple of nice shells - Berghaus goretex - but other than that just a few oddities. But the lad assured me there would be more coming in. I was amused to see some tins of Twinings ground coffee priced rather higher than they are in Waitrose - you can't assume everything in there is a bargain.

bargainbill, thanks for the lowdown on Waffo jackets - will look out for them.
ski holidays
Nothing worth the trip in the Cambridge shop for now. Both sexes. Very few trousers and some jackets, 2 shortish rails overall..
latest report
pam w, Thanks for the update Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy